Festering Guts

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by RecordBuster, Dec 30, 2017.

1. RecordBuster

RecordBuster Kobold

In a multiplayer match against player DMay i experienced a very weird bug due to Festering Guts trait card.

FG trait was attached to the last character in enemies team(dwarf warrior) that was occupying the victory square. I surrounded him with my human war and human priest. Upon killing him with my priest i instead lost the game because his trait activated before i got my two stars for killing the enemies last character.

Even the game was confused because although it gave me a defeat message, it also gave me a chest which was completelly empty but could be opened. After some talks with others on world chat, some of them mentioned experiencing similar stuff. Not only with FG, but also Mad Dog and other similar traits. After which i saw that RecordBuster vs DMay was still among "games in progress". I went to our game with "click to spectate" and took this screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/a/timzi

I hope you can eliminate this problem with these traits activating before star reward for kills, or have them not activate when it's on the last character.

Thank you.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The trait activating before rewarding stars for the festering character is working as intended. See the FAQ entry. The outcome you describe is definitely a bug, and has previously been reported here.
    I hope it gets fixed.

ParodyKnaveBob and RecordBuster like this.
  3. RecordBuster

RecordBuster Kobold

Thank you Sir Veza. Read both of the links you supplied me with.

I'm not sure if i understood everything fully so just to clarify, and correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that the only thing that is a bug here is the empty chest and loss of points?
    In other words it was intentional that the trait that should trigger upon death actually triggers before death and the removal of FG character will only occur after the removal of those that recieved leathal damage from that trait?

Do you have any information about the possible intent of creators to change this issue to occur as it was described or at least change the traits description?

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're quite welcome, and welcome to the forums as well!

I had to dig back a way, but here is a comment from Jon on the subject back in beta. There have been many posts on the subject since the game's inception and it hasn't changed yet, so I'm pretty sure it's working as intended. The PvP issues have existed since Festering Guts was made available to players in late 2015. I don't know the coding, nor how difficult it will be to fix, but posting bug reports should at least keep it on the radar.

If you can come up with a better description of the effect that will fit in the space available on the card, please submit it!

I learned how it works by getting splattered by zombies, and many of are so used to how it works by now that we don't read the card anymore. (Truth be told, many of us only actually read the cards as a last resort.)

5. RecordBuster

RecordBuster Kobold

Nothing comes to mind atm. Hard to describe something that triggers after death, but not really, because you will be long dead by the time the one that had the trait dies :).
    The new players will just have to learn it like the rest of us did :).

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and the effort you took to help me out :).

Have a happy new year :).

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

Hi guys, I guess the following is just a visual bug but, I mean, still a bug. :p
    Fact: I killed the second-last opponent's character with Festering Guts (FG) and he immediately killed the other one (last one) opponent's character, giving me the deserved victory. The point is: the server made me winning BEFORE counting the right amount of stars. :rolleyes:

screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/LbDe7