CARDHUNTRIAN WINTER BOXING TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Nov 11, 2017.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I've learned this tournament had an extra rule announced in World Chat but not on the forum that no member of Braves of Glory was allowed to join. Is this true? And if so, were Blue Manchu (@Jon, @Flaxative, et al) aware of this before sponsoring prizes?

2. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I'll be on for a couple of hours now, hope to see you soon if you're available

3. Good fight against aspire43. I advanced to round 3.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I beat NiskaruTony412 to advance into the next round.... (also had one stalemate!)

5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I send a forum PM for our match to El Viejo Dakuan 6 days ago and they have not replied yet. I can provide proof if necessary.

6. dakuan

dakuan Kobold

i replied, sorry for the delay

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i guess the overall timeframe got extended, given I dont even have a clue whos my next opponent, the one i have to beat til 8th.

8. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Havent seen BVD in world chat this week. Maybe BVD is busy and can't check the forums?

9. ParodyKnaveBob

Hm. $:^ \

Silence for nearly two weeks. I hope BVD's okay...

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

the pairings are known and we might as well progress, dont know what you and IvyX are waiting for.

11. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I never see Bob online when I'm playing ;_;

I always see Sucre and Sasoo kicking my ass in multiplayer, though.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

When the deadline first hit, knowing I didn't have time the next couple days, I figured our match would "be decided." Then, with the disappearance of BVD, I've been having really spotty Internet connection for awhile, and I don't know why. $:^ \ That's made me mostly not even try to log in. However, like TheIvyX said, (even when my 'Net is stable, like now,) we keep missing each other!

I should have lots of time available tomorrow (Friday). When's a good time to meet at the flagpole, Ivester?

13. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Let me know when you guys decide to play. I want to watch!

14. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I'll try for early morning EST? Or afternoon?

15. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Since BVD is away for some time, I've updated the brackets with the results reported in the thread. We also need to modify the deadlines (I proposed a few):

Timeline

Each bracket must be completed within 1 week:
    Round 1 and 2 (if there are byes) must be completed before December 4th -----> December 17th
    Round 3 (2 if there are no byes) must be completed before December 11th -----> December 20th
    The Semifinals must be completed before December 18th ------> December 23rd
    The Finals must be completed before December 25th

I'll try to get in touch with the 8-10 participants who still need to play their matches. If, for some reason, the tournament rewards were cancelled. I can sponsor the winner with my pizza code(s)

Status of the matches to be played:
    -Unknown status = winner will be chosen at random at deadline time
    -If you reached out and opponent has not responded, you will be the winner at the deadline time
    -If you both reached out but haven't played by the deadline ---- winner will be chosen at random

El Viejo Dakuan vs Gingrich Yurr ---- Not played, but both players have answered on forum (talked to El Viejo and he's good to go)
    Squirratz vs GasterBlasterMaster ---- Not played, unknown status
    ParodyKnaveBob vs TheIvyX ---- Played! TheIvyX moves on to the next round
    karnal1 vs BVD --- Not played, unknown status (reached out to karnal1, he's waiting for BVD)
    bbblaci vs Santandrea --- Not played, unknown status (tried to talked to bbblaci but no reply)

http://challonge.com/5h82v3s5 Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 9.52.38 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  16. ParodyKnaveBob

@TheIvyX
    Sounds like morning didn't work out for you.
    I can do afternoon, but I could really, really use a time since I'm trying to cram in other things To Do today, too. $E^ J
    (Hung around the game for about an hour, more than I intended. Gtg for now, but I'll glance at the forum throughout the day.)

@Sasoo8
    Thank you much for chiming in, even if BVD apparently barred you from playing herein in the first place. $F^ `
    I'd like to point out dakuan replied to Gingrich in this thread.

17. dakuan

dakuan Kobold

sorry for missing my turn, i had **** to do in a place with no ****ing internet last week, just came back.

18. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Hey, deadline's been extended. You can play your match vs Gingrich until Sunday.

19. ParodyKnaveBob

Win or lose, man, I just wanted to have a nice, fun match there. Frankly, I figured Ivy's experience and much more playtime for the past several months would get the victory anyway. That's fine. That's cool. I still wanted to try and at least play for a moment. Blasted Internet connection wouldn't even let us do that much.

Btw, I made a snide joke about my not being "P2W enough" in World Chat. It was while I was writing up (a more scathing version of) this post fussing about the Internet service I pay for. Lol. In case anyone wondered witw. $}^ ,

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  20. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I finally did our match (sorry @ParodyKnaveBob for waiting) and won the Bo3. Unfortunately, PKB disconnected from both rounds with an inactivity timeout, which is unfortunate :C

gg though

I recorded and commentated the matches, which you can view here.

Sir Veza likes this.