Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

All uninteresting items will be automatically disqualified and the creator sent to the dungeons to fend off against festering zombies.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

@Flaxative will there be a winner for AA #18 in an upcoming update? Apologies if there was and I missed it...

3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

AA18 was Epigenetic Eraser, right? Sorry if I didn't announce it properly, but it's been in the game for a few months now.

... it has, right?

5. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

It is in the game, yes. I used it in a Handicap-focused build.

Perhaps the winner of the current AA will also have a place in that build.

Flaxative and seth arue like this.
  6. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

@Flaxative you are of course, correct.... with the brief hiatus I lost track. Thanks for your efforts once again...

7. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

Is [​IMG] a card I can use?

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

No, also wrong thread.

9. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

Wrong thread how? Also is the answer a no, as the card was removed just like [​IMG] or what?

10. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

The card was removed/never implemented (I don't know which, but it's not in the game now), so it's very unlikely to be used.

11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

13. Sir Kookus

Sir Kookus Mushroom Warrior

how do you post these?

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  15. Sir Kookus

Sir Kookus Mushroom Warrior

????????????? I have several ideas but im not sure how to post them.

16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

What do you mean? Flaxative's link to the thread has all the rules what to post and how. Also you can always look how others have posted and follow suit. (if you have trouble posting images and/or links, remember that they are not required)

17. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Is AA #19 going to be accompanied by a new MM with a guaranteed reward?

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yet to be determined (hence the lack of information). I hope so!

Maniafig, ParodyKnaveBob and Wandere like this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Contest is closed, I'll try to get a winner announcement within about a week :)

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We have a winner for Aloyzo's Arsenal 19!

This excellent submission had a tight theme, a funny name, and a good balance of strength & drawback.

Many submissions were simply too powerful this time around—more than usual—so I want to reiterate a basic bit of CH item design. Handicap cards are often net positives. Because handicap cards are often traits, you draw a new card whenever you encounter one. This way, they thin your deck, meaning you see your better cards more often. What's more, because handicaps are often black quality (that's the color in the card name), they actually lower the level of the item they're on. This is appropriate when the handicap is really bad for you, but it also means that your other cards are, on average, better! Finally, many handicap cards are so situational that they often don't punish you for including them in your deck. Combustible doesn't matter if your opponent has no Fire damage, for instance. Dropped Guard doesn't matter if it doesn't make you discard anything when you draw it.

TL;DR a lot of handicap cards aren't serious drawbacks.

I hope this helps for future contests. :)

I have a few honorable mentions:
    - Paranoia, Frightful Vengeance, Hand of a Good Vampire, Little Big Spear, and hilarious entries "Stop, Drop, & Troll" and "Helm of the Thriller Knight."

At this time I do not have a set timeline for when the winning item will appear in-game. I am working with Jon to put together a new Mauve Manticore, and hopefully we can release the two together within a couple weeks.

Thanks everyone for your submissions!!