Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@WexMajor has already made this card but I'm renaming it for my "awkward teenager series"...

Obese
    Drawback/boost hybrid
    Bronze+ quality
    Rare (unless you're in America, then it's common.)
    Encumber 1. You cannot be moved or placed in a new location by enemy cards.

2. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Imperfect Block
    Block any. You discard a random card, then your opponent draws a card.

Pikeman's slash
    Gold quality
    Range 4, 4 slashing melee damage
    You may not target adjacent characters.

(For warrior)
    Tongue slash
    Range 3, 3 penetrating melee damage
    The tongue not only had magical powers, it devastated us physically!

Tongue lick
    Range 4. 1 melee damage. Push back one.
    ...Then it licked us out of nowhere! We were glad to suffer only minor scratches.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  3. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

The cards I presented only work against enemy magic cards, I don't run wizards. They are meant to counter wizards.

4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Officer's insurance
    silver quality
    Trait, duration 5.
    Each time you discard an armor without the key word "free card", put an "Officer's Harness" (armor 1, roll 4+, free card) in your hand, then reduce this card's duration by one.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

It'd also counter Priest, to an extent, hence the other reason it's way OP. Still, you'd have to understand how wrong it is. I mean, what if I decided to make a Robe only Boost that grants immunity to melee? Would you consider that just as fair?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Last Will
    Boost
    Trait. Duration 3.When you die, remove all cards from your hand and place them in the hand of your closest ally.
    "To my family I leave my estates, to my friends I leave my wine collection and to my adventuring partners I leave the rest."

Scavenger
    Boost
    Trait. Duration 3. When an adjacent enemy dies, remove a random card from their hand and place it in your hand.
    "It's not like they'll need it where they're going."

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

8. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

I would consider them unfair as warriors are extremely well balanced. Wizards, are not on the other hand. They slow the game down and make it much less fun to play. A warrior just speeds the game up and both players can move along happily to another match.

9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I'd love to see your examples...
    In my opinion, wizards are easier to kill. They don't have shields, and have the lowest health. Warriors have Vengeance, which really helps getting to those wizards.
    Perhaps you're just overly salty from whatever fights you've had against control wizards. However, I'll tell you right now, a warrior or priest can be just as control. You want a LONG match? Try playing against triple priest all using Nimbus. Unless you can tell me that wizards are more annoying than that, I'm going to just keep thinking you're a salty player unable to see things from another's perspective.

10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Hidden Knife - Mage Card -

Boost
    Everytime you take damage from an adjacent enemy, Immediately deliver 2 Penetrating piercing damage to the attacker. Keep.

A small enchanted knife, to dissuade brutes from coming too close to you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Now this is the way to do an anti-Warrior card! Well done. I'd wager it'd probably be a Silver - ...but I'm just snowball guessing there.

WexMajor likes this.
  12. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Night Comes

Handicap
    Create and attach 3 random handicaps to all characters
    Mandatory Action

Holy Beacon

Assist
    Range N/A
    Heal 3
    Attach to yourself - Duration 3
    Anytime you or another ally recieve damage, Heal 1

Blank Slate

Assist/handicap
    Range N/A
    Discard all attached cards to all characters
    Mandatory Action

Rain of Blight

Magic attack - Type unholy
    Range 6 - Damage 3
    Burst 2
    Put a Dreadfully Ill card in all targets hands.
    Target square and a random square within 2 become Irradiated terrain (at the start of each round do 2 Radiation damage and attach a random Handicap card to each character within 1 square).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. Calm_Mind

Calm_Mind Kobold

Time Shift
    Magic Arcane Utility
    End this round.

Master's Mail
    Armor
    Armor 2. Keep.
    When targeted by an enemy Attack with Penetration, all you Armor cards ignore Penetration on it. Keep.

Intuition
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 2.
    When targeted by an enemy Attack from the back, turn to face the attacker, then create a Block card (Block any, 4+) and put it in your hand. Keep.

Timeback Block

Block
    Block Any. Roll 4+. Keep.
    If this card blocks card that can target only one character, return the blocked card into attacker's hand.

Telepathy

Magic Psychic Attack
    6 dmg. 6 range.
    Reveal the target's hand. You can target enemy that you can't see.

Lucky Badge

Armor
    Armor 1. Roll 6+. Free Card. (Not keep)
    Whenever you roll a die, add 1 to it. Keep.

Genetic Pulse

Magic Radiation Assist
    Affects all characters within 3 squares, including you. Heal 5 each character then create a random Boost card and put it in their hand.

Blindness

Magic Unholy Attack
    0 dmg. 6 range.
    Attach to target. That character may only target the adjacent characters or itself. Duration 2.

Auto Armor

Armor
    When you take damage, reduce that damage to 0. Roll 5+. Roll value for this card can't be increased by other cards. Keep.

Curse of Vulnerability

Magic Unholy Attack
    0 dmg. 1 range.
    Attach to target. That character's Armor or Block cards can't trigger. Duration 2.

Shuffle Enemies

Magic Psychic Utility
    Attach to all enemies. At the start of each round, target Move 1 randomly. Duration 3. Keep.

Commander

Boost
    When an ally takes damage from an enemy card, create a random command card (Jump, Soldier!, Attack, Soldier!, Block, Soldier!) and put it in your hand. Keep.

Grenade

Projectile Crushing Attack
    0 dmg. 4 range.
    Target square becomes Grenade terrain (at the start of each round, if this card expires this round do 6 Crushing damage to each character within 1 square). Duration 1.

Meditation

Boost
    At start of each round, Heal 3. Keep.
    Whenever you play a Move card, reduce this card's duration by 1. Keep.
    This card's duration don't reduces at start of round.

Egoist

Handicap (for Priests)
    You can't target allies with any card.
    When you play a card that affect ally, cancel that card. Keep.

Chaos

Magic Unholy(?) Hybrid (Assist/Utility)
    All characters draw a random card. All square occupied by characters becomes random Terrain. Unblockable.

14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Cleric's block

Assist
    When you recieve damage from an enemy card, heal that much damage. Roll 4+

15. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

Execute
    Attack, 1 range, melee slashing, warrior card. Kill the target, can only target characters with 5 or less health
    Frenzy Armor
    Armor/Boost, warrior card. 1.Melee Frenzy 1, Keep. 2.Armor X (Roll 5+) where X is equal to the sum of all points of frenzy currently on this character. Keep.
    Staggering Roar
    Attack/Boost, 1 range, projectile sonic, warrior card. Slide Back 1, affects all adjacent enemies, attach to yourself: Melee Frenzy 2, Duration 2.
    Preemptive Push
    Attack/Block, 3 damage, 3 range, magic force, wizard card. 1.Slide Back 3, 2. Block Any (Roll 4+) within 3 squares of you, the attacker takes 3 force damage and they Slide Back 3.
    Violent Teleport
    Move, wizard card. Move 3, Teleport, at the start and end of this move, deal 3 Unbuffable arcane damage to adjacent characters, if you end on or adjacent to your starting square, you take 3 Unbuffable arcane damage.
    Life Link
    Attack, 1 damage, 6 range, magic arcane, wizard card. Burst 2, Attach to targets: When a character with this attachment is damaged, all other characters with this attachment take the same damage, up to a maximum of 5, and all copies of this attachment are discarded, damage dealt through this attachment has Penetrating. Duration 2.
    Sacrificial Armor
    Armor/Handicap, priest card. Armor 3 (Roll 3+), when an adjacent allied character takes damage, reduce the amount of damage they take by half (rounded down) and you take unpreventable unholy damage equal to the amount of damage reduced.
    Touch of Life
    Assist, 1 range, magic holy, priest card. Heal 1, when this card heals, increase the healing by 2 for each card in the target's hand.
    Cursed Blade
    Attack, 4 damage, 1 range, melee slashing, priest card. Attach to target: At the end of the round, if this card expires, they take 8 Penetrating unholy damage. Duration 1.

16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like touch of life and execute both of which might be amethyst or emerald quality at least.

I don't like keep blocks like Impenetrable Block or the turn end idea. They're so powerful its hard to muster enough quality for them.

17. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Insignificant
    Drawback
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. You have no zone of control. Duration 2.
    Best case scenario, only your pride is crushed.

Skirmisher
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. You ignore zones of control. If a Melee attack card you play deals four or fewer points of damage, you may Move 1 after the attack. Duration 3.
    "Footwork, footwork, footwork, cut, footwork... Bravo!" - Bethan of the Icy Rage

Exploit Weakness
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Whenever you deal damage with an attack, if the target has an attachment that increases a specific type of incoming damage, it also increases the damage dealt by that attack. Duration 3.
    "If it bleeds, I can kill it." - Ranjyn the Hunter

Domination
    Attack, Magic Psychic, Range 2, 5+
    Attach to target. Whenever a character with this card attached targets the source of this card, cancel that card. Saving roll. Duration 2.
    Shields are for the weak.
    Note: possibly only cancels cards if they're played from the front. Most likely monster-only either way.

Thirsting Blade
    Boost/Drawback
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Melee Frenzy 2. Whenever you play an attack, Heal 3. At the end of each round, if you did not deal any damage that round, you take four points of unpreventable Unholy damage. Duration 2.
    Turn its hunger against your enemies, and none will be able to stand before you. Fail to satisfy its thirst, and it'll take it out on you.

18. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Blunt Strike
    Range one, crushing melee attack
    12 damage
    Add 2 to armor rolls against this attack.
    Powerful, but too broad. Easily stopped by armor.

tolkien likes this.
  19. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Simple Illusion

Magic assist - Type arcane
    Range 5
    Swap yourself with an ally

I could read the confusion on their faces. "Why is the mage charging us?"

Complex Illusion

Block any roll 2+
    You can play this card only if you moved this round. If the block succedes, you move back to the square you were at the start of the round.

I never went there, I swear.

Perfect Illusion

Boost
    If your HP reaches 0, instead you heal 10 and move to a random spot on the board.

I wasn't even there to begin with.

20. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Wallflower
    Handicap.
    Trait. Duration 2. When you move, you must end that move next to blocking terrain.
    "An odd kind of plant, and an odder kind of person." -Hilda Greenthumb

tolkien likes this.