I tested for you...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fanturluche, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

My thoughts exactly.

Potatus likes this.
  2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

New test
    [​IMG] against [​IMG]
    Who will win?

Duck's reaction goes first, so your Unstoppable Chop goes to your opponent's hand.
    But then, Unstoppable Chop's effect triggers. Since copies of cards are only made for attachments, it is the original version of your Unstoppable Chop that goes back to your hand, and your opponent ends up with nothing.
    20170402151152_1.jpg

3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

About Move, Push, and Slide

You probably know the difference between these terms.

When a character moves, its owner decides where it goes.
    When a character is pushed, the destination is chosen by the player who played the pushing card.
    Sliding is the same as pushing, exept the target does not change their facing. (By the way, devs should do something about facing arrows when you are sliding someone. I have seen a few players being confused when they were sliding Security Robots with Telekinesis)

But did you know that, when a character pushes or slides itself, it acts as a regular movement ? (Exept sliding will not change your facing). That means that nasty effects (Hypnotic Beacon, Encumber and Halt) will trigger. Keep that in mind if you plan to play with Retreat. 20170403164716_1.jpg 20170403164844_1.jpg
    Note that cards that trigger specifically on Move cards, such as Wind Dancer or Maze Of The Mind, will not trigger.
    If you have Vanguard, and your Lunging Bash is blocked by a Reflecting Block, Vanguard triggers a second time, since the active card is a move card.
    20170403182651_1.jpg

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

That last bit sounds like a text bug that needs to be reported then.

5. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

A quick test
    [​IMG] against [​IMG]

So, as expected, the damage from Ancient Grudge is added after block-checking. I don't think the devs had any particular reason to put it this way, rather than adding the damage before, but here are the consequences.
    Weak Block and Flimsy Block will work against Ancient Grudge, but Desperate Block and Lifesaving Block will not. Unless some frenzies and/or auras raise the damage before the blocking phase of course.
    Maybe the devs could change the "When this card does damage" to an "On hit" keyword.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Sir Veza and Macizo like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeah, just like Punishing attacks. Expected. I did suggest a keyword of some sort in another thread. Maybe the text bugs after years of Lifesaving questions and rewordings? Don't recall now.

7. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Once i blocked one in pvp with a fimsy block

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

And maybe Lifesaving Block could read, "When this block triggers (which it rarely does)... "

9. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

10. ParodyKnaveBob

Someone already showed what happened when using Pathfinding with a Form attached. It just tries to create a Move card (of which each Form has at least one type), discarding if non-Move as usual. Wolves of course have, what, four Move in their card pools? Scary. $E^ J (In fact, 4/13 chances are pretty decent for EM to pull from.)

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I am guessing ThetianKnight is talking about the card draw because it says draw two cards, so the question is: does that apply to the actual deck or the werewolf deck, and if it does apply to the werewolf card set does EM finish drawing cards after the first two or does it continue to draw because the werewolf hand does not apply to the whole hand.
    But in any case, yes there is a move card for every form so pathfinding and EM will both find move cards (a while back I did not realise spirits had move cards too so tested pathfinding with a spirit thinking I found a loop).

12. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Pathfinding in QD is usually a dud because your moves are usually in the discard. But in ranked, form cards don't go into the discard, they seem to just appear and disappear. Which begs the question, is there a 2nd form-specific discard pile. Or is every form card just randomly generated?

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

Randomly generated. They're not drawn from a pile, but created from a pool, just like Laser Malfunction cards. Note how they're destroyed upon discard: once they're removed from your hand or character token, they're torn up instead of spun away, just like your racial Moves.

EDIT: Fwiw, @Jon and @Flaxative, this is the very kind of reason why I suggested somewhile back that created cards not say drawn in the battle log. It confuses matters. (Look how many newbies don't understand why (they think) they have 5,000 Move cards coming from their decks all the time. heheh)

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Maniafig and Pawndawan like this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What happens when a minion group plays Escaping Run?
    escaping.png
    Code:
    Alonzo the Sniper play Escaping Run.
    Alonzo the Sniper drew Piercing Missile.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Eight minions next to an enemy, one card drawn.

escaping2.png
    Code:
    Alonzo the Sniper play Escaping Run.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Alonzo the Sniper moved.
    Two minions next to enemies, zero cards drawn.

So you draw one card if the first minion is next to an enemy, zero cards otherwise.

And what about Positioning Move?
    Positioning Move checks after each minion moves, so it can draw multiple cards (and PM itself doesn't go to the discard pile until every minion is done moving).

15. ParodyKnaveBob

What happens when a character plays Cautious Sneak next to an opponent's Hypnotic Beacon?

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Msg=The active player is now ParodyKnaveBob

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Event=PlayAction,Action=Cautious Sneak,Instigator=[SRC] F'talitie,Targets=

stopTimer 0 949

stopTimer 0 928

startTimer 1 1013

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Fleet,TriggeringActor=[SRC] F'talitie,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Hypnotic Beacon,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=[SRC] F'talitie,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] F'talitie,Event=Move,Origin=(8, 8),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(5, 9),EndFacing=(0, 1)

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Forgotten Temple,Room=ThetianKnight vs ParodyKnaveBob,RoomID=1139031,Msg=The active player is now ThetianKnight

The end location is not necessarily adjacent to Blocking Terrain. $8^ |

I'd played a Dash (plus Fleet) to hopefully get far from @HisRoyalHygiene's Beacon, only to land right next to it again. Okay, I said, fine. I'll play Cautious Sneak (plus Fleet) to at least guarantee I don't land next to it in yet more open spots (in Forgotten Temple). However, I landed in the open next to the Difficult Terrain along the outside border.

I wasn't even sure where to post this. Bugs? @Jon, @Flaxative, is Hypno working as intended here, overriding Cautious' requirement?

For future testing, I'm now curious to see what happens when Cautious is played too far from any Blocking Terrain. Can't play it? Only change facing? Hm. Also, I think I once saw Jump Back interaction a year or two ago, but I can't say for sure I recall seeing the character Jump Wherever instead, or if my imagination simply says that'd now be expected...

Maniafig likes this.
  16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

By "outside boarder" do you mean the map edge?
    Cautious Sneak can always land against the edge of the map.

Maniafig and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  17. ParodyKnaveBob

Right. To be clear, I hoped my warrior would Sneak herself somewhere around the temple (explicit Blocking Terrain) or along the map edge (implicit Blocking Terrain). Instead, you know the Difficult Terrain along the sides of Forgotten Temple's map edges? "I landed in the open next to the Difficult Terrain along the outside border." I wasn't standing on the Difficult, standing adjacent to the map edge. No, I was standing adjacent to the Difficult, standing one space away from the map edge, standing one space away from any Blocking Terrain whether explicit or implicit.

$:^ `
    I suppose I'll mock up a picture to make sure, but this is why I included the console log's coordinates for the devs to see. It was a pretty intense battle (at least for me, vs. a scary 1800er, lol), thus despite his and my brief stun and acknowledging it, I took no screenshot and just continued playing. (I almost forgot about it altogether after the battle until he reminded me in World Chat, heheh.) 'Kay, MS Paint picture coming soonish...

Scarponi likes this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

I might not have the exact squares right, but the principle is the same:

Cautious Hypno interaction.jpg

The H in the square is something like where the Hypno Beacon was.
    The O is something like where I started.
    The X is something like where I landed.
    My Cautious Sneaker 100% did not land next to Blocking Terrain.
    Crazy talk. $:^ J

HisRoyalHygiene and Scarponi like this.
  19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

You're sure you didn't land on the outside edge, Bob?

I tested Too Horrible for you. If you play Gusts Of War and target the Too Horrible holder first, if it blocks, you will not be able to move the second target of your gusts of war. If you play Purging Burst and a holder of too horrible is standing in a square which is resolved first, and if too horrible triggers, the rest of the squares will not be purged.
    This is different than most multi-target block interactions. I think the reason why is because you are immediately stunned, even in the middle of your card resolving.
    So, if you'd like to move, purge, heal, or attack two targets, one of them holding Too Horrible, always target the block holder last.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

Yes, I'm absolutely sure. HisThetianHygiene and I were in total shock.

In fact, looking at the console log posted above, I'm even quite sure my drawn O -> X is accurate. Origin=(8,8) and Destination=(5,9) line up perfectly if the lines parallel to the three-difficult-terrains are on the x axis and the lines parallel to the victory squares are the y axis. Destination would need a 10 (or 0) instead of 9 (for the x or y axis) to be on the map's edge.