Mauve Manticore Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Pengw1n, Nov 20, 2013.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Ba dum tss

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I totally forgot about werecake since I just used him in Radioactive picnic.

Here's where I am so far with playtesting Heavyweight Round Robin Championship: Mottled Ogre, Ogre Magicker, and Ogre Bruiser vs. computer controlled Melvelous, Tsastii, and Elder Mind (aka Melvin's id, ego, and superego) on Host. Then Melvelous, Tsastii, and Elder Mind vs. computer controlled Hell Mantis, Four-Headed Hydra, and Tvericus (not sure which map best helps this AI melee heavy team.Help?) Then Hell Mantis, Four-Headed Hydra, and Tvericus on the second map from Gladiatorial Arena Finals vs computer controlled Tall Beech Tree, Oak Tree King, and Troll King (it can be done.) Then Tall Beech Tree, Oak Tree King, and Troll King vs. the three Dragons on Melting Glacier (Blitzy gets rid of Troll's regeneration with frost breath so it's hard but possible.)

3. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

Concerning the Mauve manticore scenario submissions, would a collaboration be allowed? I ask as while i have some ideas, i lack the means to create the actual scenario.

4. BlackVoidDeath

I would say, and I know a lot of map makers would agree, that thinking of an idea for a scenario is the harder than the actual making.
    I suggest looking at some tutorials on the forums and asking around world chat for specific points.
    Personally I learned how to make maps just by trial and error, and I would recommend that over watching tutorials if you have the time and patience for it.

Potato Priest and adajon like this.
  5. Shadwell

Shadwell Kobold

I will, I have a bit of it worked out, but am not familiar with the exact limits to scenario creation and the like, will take a look at that when i can.

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I'm happy to help if you want to post ideas here or even if you want someone else to make it for you, you could commission a map to be made by a mapmaker you've enjoyed.
    Here's some ideas that I'll throw out there for others if they want to pick them up, I may down the road...
    1) Cardhuntrian 400 meter dash: Race around the track against these 5 other foes. Do you dash ahead or take out a foe here and there?
    2) Cardhuntrian City destruction: Who can destroy most of the city the fastest: Greenfang, Tsastii, Hell Mantis, or another?

7. hello world

hello world Hydra

An idea I was working around was the final part of the new lord stafford map that would have a break in a wall leading to a decayed version of the old lord stafford map.

8. I'm curious to hear how you would do that.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

One of my unfinished maps was intended to be a guild razing ceremony... geomancer, hyper thalamus, and burning fiend versus some roaches and a ton of doors on victory squares.

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Kalin I'm afraid ironwood may have such a ceremony soon. :(
    @Potato Priest here's how far I've got: You have to kill the other five ai monsters before they kill all your doors. I think the tag would be no non minion kill points. You don't get points for killing their monsters but you'll win if you kill all their monsters. To get the ai to attack the doors they must be on your team but, I haven't figured a way to get points for killing your own 'teammates' therefore the scenario has devolved to: 1 vs 5 monsters with many doors distracting them. :(

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I actually wrote a pre-battle text that was a brief history of me and my guild, because this was back when no one wanted to join me.

12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The new troll king map offering looks impossible. I love it! Can't wait to play it.

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@adajon Love the new Mauve Manticore! The second mission was the hardest and my favorite. Three times I got Case free...and lost. Panic. Swarm of Bats. and Fly. I won when Case drew two Heavy Armor cards in a row for the win. Great work. Loved the writing as well, it fit with the characters and the scenery.

adajon likes this.
  14. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Sorry about the bit of a bump, but what is the maximum length for Before and After texts to submissions, roughly? I realise it isn't uniform character size. I'm guessing at around 20 lines as it appears on the screen? Approximately 240 words?

Solip likes this.
  15. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

Hmm... If a map does not get selected in the current Mauve Manticore due to better maps being available, will it still be considered for the next Mauve Manticore? (Assuming that there are not enough maps)
    Also, how many maps are allowed per MM? So far I've only seen three per MM.

16. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Yes, it will still be considered.

Yes, only three per MM.

Maniafig, Flaxative and 00Banshee00 like this.
  17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

@DipperPynes I like the concept of your scenario, it's quite creative. However there's an inherent weakness...
    Are you aware that I can know the "right door" just by right-clicking all the squares that a door is standing on? (I happened to find it with the first click in fact.)

DipperPynes likes this.
  18. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

Wow, I had not noticed this, kkkkkkkk thanks for alerting me, I'll remember next time

19. BlackVoidDeath

Also you can use some pots (phylacteries) instead of doors if you want an enemy which looks more like a relic than a bunch of wooden doors.

DipperPynes likes this.
  20. DipperPynes

DipperPynes Kobold

thank you