Question about character portraits in Party Archive

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by squirrat, Jun 10, 2017.

1. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

What is the character portrait on the right hand side for? There are faces showing that have nothing to do with build. The screenshot explains what I'm talking about.

In the first two builds, there is no picture on the right. Then in the third and fourth builds, there is a character portrait on the right even though they aren't in the build or holding any items. What are the pictures on the right doing there??

There should only be 3 people in parties but there is a fourth picture, why?

archive.PNG

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The fourth slot is your co-op char.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

They are all co-op chars, this is campaign Party Archive. What is the fourth picture? They aren't even in the party or holding any items.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

When you are in a party and load a deck save file, you load the character on the left.
    Then if you leave the party and look in the keep you will have the other three characters equipped instead.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

I still don't get it from these answers. The first three slots are the characters that are in the party.

There is a fourth slot with a character that has nothing to do with any of the builds. In the blank reset inventory one, why is there a wizard in the fourth slot?

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you join a co-op team, it will use the char in the fourth slot. If that is empty, I believe it defaults to the char in the first slot. Saving your party after joining co-op will set the fourth slot.

squirrat and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Saving
    If you're not part of a co-op team and save, it'll save in the first 3 slots
    If you save while currently in a co-op team, it'll save the one active character in the 4th slot.

If you're not in a team and load the file, it'll place all three characters from the first 3 slots on the active clipboard.
    If you're in a team and load the file, it'll place the one character from the 4th slot as your active character on the clipboard (the other 2 characters will still be loaded with their items, but to the inactive clipboard).

If you load a file while in co-op and haven't saved in the co-op slot, all 3 characters will be loaded into the inactive clipboard, and you'll have to find the one you want (a real pain if have 39 characters like me).

8. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

Okay but how can I delete the coop character?

I have tried deleting the slot, and re-saving it under a new name when I'm not in any party, and there is still a wizard there. So I'm saving it while not being in any coop team, and it still uses a fourth character that I can't seem to control.

EDIT: Okay, well I found a workaround to delete the fourth character is to load the party from the first slot, clear it, and remake the build. It's unclear how to get rid of the fourth slot character if you ever accidentally save while in a co-op group.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

From what I know the "workaround" that you have executed is the only way of removing the fourth icon.
    If anyone else know a different method of removing it, please do say.

10. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Why does it matter if it is there or not? You can have any character you want in the slot, and save it with whatever items you want. You can save over it with a different character if you wish at a later date. It saves having to search for the guy you want every time. I don't see any reason not to have a character in the slot.

11. squirrat

squirrat Orc Soldier

Another way to control the fourth character (or remove it completely) is just to join a party and load the build, clear the clipboard, then save the build again. It removes the character's portrait.

I know what the portrait is doing there now, it was not clear. Just needed to know this to clean up my team inventories. Some saves are for parties that are not cooperative, and having a fourth character was confusing. Other saves are for coop only builds and just a single character, yet an entire team is showing. It was just confusing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Fair enough. I don't separate by the two types of parties (co-op/solo); I didn't think of it being easier to distinguish. Sorry for being brash.

If you have room you could always throw it in the name of the party (c or s to save characters), though I realise it adds extra clutter to the name.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.