Today's Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by timeracers, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

The spelling seems right, even in the meta tag, and the SRC Hub even correctly links to the item on the wiki, where the wiki shows the proper item icon, but the SRC Hub's item icon looks broken. Is it possible (@Flaxative) that the SRC Hub is faulting on the new CM image?

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, I was afk for New Years Eve until just now and it's a different item so hard to check what went wrong. Please keep tagging me when you notice stuff like this.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

I hope it's not too late to catch you, @Flaxative, but the current DD's Tainted Vampirism (New!) looks spelled correctly etc. in this thread's meta tag, properly links to the wiki on the Hub, yet shows a broken item icon on the Hub.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks, I see the issue. Don't have time to resolve it RN but I'm putting it on my todos.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Mission: FAILED
    I got lost on the way home and spent nearly forever getting there. Finally posted 1.5 hours late.

wavy likes this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

[​IMG]Kelvin's Chunk of Ice

Sorry, something is wrong in the Today's Daily Deal forum thread. Bug timeracers.

Uh-oh...

Code:
     <meta name="description" content="Date: 02-16-2017
    Legend:
    Kelvin's Chunk of Ice
    Epics:
    Shield of Affliction New!
    Silverwood Staff of the Magus New!
    Vampire Knight's..." />

Uh-oh!

Yeah, I don't think bugging @Flaxative nor @timeracers is gonna fix this one. I'd like to be wrong, but it appears the combined names are just too long for the forum's meta tag! Lol. $E^ b Umm, is this uhh @Farbs' domain? $:^ }

Or, hey hey, new idea, is this something timeracers-and-crew could fix by posting a "New!" (or "AA!") image instead of text, thereby hopefully removing more text from the <meta/> tag? (Fwiw, if the current <meta/> tag didn't have 10 characters taken by " New!" x2, the "..." could be " Embrace" no problem -- assuming images don't show up -- something I haven't tested. (Lemme go do that now... ~siiigh~ Nevermind. Slow computer taking ages and trying to crash just to find a thread that starts with an image. Maybe if I notice one later, assuming someone else doesn't answer this first.)

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I don't like the idea of an image due to it taking longer to post if I new to add them instead.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

In troubleshooting this, at least, I updated the hub to know CM items :)

But yeah, PKB's analysis is correct. There simply isn't enough room in the meta tag for all these item names. (My scraper looks for the word "Rares:" to know when we're done listing epics, and, while it could be slightly smarter, doesn't help when the epics' names are getting cut off.) Not sure there's a solution other than using a time machine to go back and yell at me. "Flak, why do you need to heck everything up with these absurdly long flavorful item names?"

10. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

*cough cough* Thraxar's Alphabet Of Slaughter

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  11. ParodyKnaveBob

While scanning through the item list, I noticed Infected didn't get the AA tag. Nothing major, but I've seen you prefer top-notch detail. I hope this helps. $:^ J

timeracers likes this.
  12. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

YES, A CRAZY SAL'S ITEM!

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Surprisingly, my brother when driving failed to handle a turn and went off road and crashed into a sign and such. That is why I didn't update this today.

14. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

oh...rip me I missed out on a crazy sal's item then :(

also, sorry didn't read it fully, hope your brother is okay

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Sorry to hear, hope he didnt get injured too badly.

ParodyKnaveBob and Ian like this.
  16. Ian

Ian Kobold

Best wishes on either his speedy recovery or preferably a lack of need for one!

17. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeah, timeracers, sorry to hear. If it makes your brother feel any better, (seriously,) you can tell him random people he doesn't know online wish him well. $:^ } $:^ )

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Luckily none of us were injured.

19. ParodyKnaveBob

Oh! So you were in the vehicle, too!

Well, glad you're all uninjured then! ~nodnod~

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My computer wasn't booting up properly recently, so I haven't been updating TDD.

BlackVoidDeath and stupid531 like this.