Who must die first in a multiplayer match?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by tolkien, May 13, 2017.

?

Who do you like to kill first in Multiplayer?

1. The one with the lowest hit points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Dwarf warrior because the bigger they come, the harder they fall

4.5%
  3. The priest to get rid of their healing capability

31.8%
  4. whichever idiot tries to camp the victory square

9.1%
  5. the weakest link

31.8%
  6. the biggest threat

22.7%
  1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I usually like to target the wizard when I'm running triple wizards so as to get rid of the ranged threat. When I'm running triple elf vamps, I drain the life out of the unarmored enemy first. When playing against a double buff priest build, I usually like to take out their only weaponizable character so as to break the build. What are your strategies?

Jaer, ParodyKnaveBob, Macizo and 3 others like this.
  2. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

The wizard, duh. Come and face my mighty bludgeons like a man!

ParodyKnaveBob, Macizo and PULSEFIRE like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Dont be so sure...
    antiwarwiz1.jpg

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

TAKE IT!!!
    STOP RUNNING YOU ELVEN COWARDS!!

ParodyKnaveBob and PULSEFLECT like this.
  5. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

Sure.
    *plays Elven Trickery*

*Breaks computer*

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

As you kind of demonstrated in your first post, tolkien, the answer really depends on circumstances. Many times, a sole priest is recommended as the first target, to make the others weaker -- but sometimes you just get a great opportunity against an isolated dwarf warrior / elf wizard / whomever.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So, all things being equal...the lone priest? I think that's true especially when the lone priest has altruism attached. By attacking the priest himself/herself you make the opponent choose between possible card draw and heal, instead of getting both. Investigate really complicates matters. It's ongoing healing that isn't limited to priests.

8. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

If the opposing team has two of one class, I would say go for the odd duck. Otherwise any support characters first.

However, with most decks I find it rare that I get to choose who to attack first. Just whatever way it falls with positioning and cards.

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I followed Killer's advice just now by killing the odd duck (in this case a dwarf warrior.) And my opponent resigned even though his other two dwarf priests were at full health.

ParodyKnaveBob, SceoMyntan and Jaer like this.
  10. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Depends. Its never certain who must die first. Hence the beauty of the game. (But usually priest).

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Interesting analysis, gurel. It seems that the priest is twice as likely to be targeted first, if she can be targeted, due to low mobility and healing capability. Perhaps those drawbacks are why I prefer a mobile elf priest. Because of the targeting of a single priest, I like to run redundant priests. Come to think of it, these principles are why my favorite squad to run is triple Elven Maneuvers vampires, which became much less of a threat with the nerf, but slowly more of a competitor with Swarm Of Bats

12. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I like to target the lone character, stranded away from the group, if any. Ganging up makes it so much easier to kill off a character.

SceoMyntan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I usually find useful to kill the "supposed" team tank.
    I had more than a fair share of ragequitting when the tank dies on the first round.

14. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Frenzy aura, sunder strike and darkforce nunchaku also make vampire priest more effective. I think we haven't seen many cause most peeps don't have enough mitternacht swarm of bats items yet, although i think the current maps favor them.

15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I could be wrong, @Christofff, but I believe @tolkien was saying EM can gain a little more ground again with stacked Swarms.

tolkien likes this.