[GUILD] Designer's Den

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Kalin, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This is a guild for people who care more about designing maps and adventures than ratings.

Profile (bugged)

Initiation: to join you have to make your own initiation ceremony, post it in this thread, then PM me to set up a time when I can induct you (I don't spend much time in MP).

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I like your initiation requirement :)

3. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

Yeh, thats a really nice initiation requirement, good one :)

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Not dead yet! Still technically a legitimate, stable guild.

5. Here is my Initiation Map. To join the club with the cool kids, you need to make it across the road while dodging traffic. Will the drivers brake for the pedestrians, or will they swerve into the ditch to maul them to death?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

I have created an initiation scenario, and would like to join the Designer's Den!

The Guild Master sits among the early-afternoon sunbeams, safe and secluded in his forest clearing, his daily guild paperwork completed. He lies back, breathing a sigh of satisfaction, content in the gentle warmth of the forest. Then, he spots rustling in the bushes in front of him. He sits up, alert, just in time to see an armour-clad warrior burst through the undergrowth. "Ho there! Guild Master!", he cries through the trees. "My name is Holloborn the Nimble! May I join your guild?". The Guild Master considers the warrior in front of him before shouting back, "If you want to join, come add your name to the guildbook yourself!". Let's see how nimble he really is, thinks the Guild Master, electricity beginning to arc and spark from his hands...

Attached Files:

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Wow, we're now three times larger than we were just a week ago! In fact, we're larger than 63% of all guilds!

8. Welcome to Cardhuntria's fastest growing guild*, adajon. Your many posts on the MM submission thread are a testament to your skill at mapcraft.

*I make no guarantees of the accuracy of this claim.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob, adajon and Flaxative like this.
  9. Khyle345

Khyle345 Kobold

Here's my map! (And first attempt at a visually appealing map)

Attached Files:

adajon likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Four! Four times larger! Quadrupled in size in just one week!

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

In game name: y0uthpast0r (father of nevus and SirClipston)
    Resume: Ninetynineknaves, Forest Wizards, and the recently closed Cult of Ironwood
    Design Qualifications: Countless Pvp maps, MM maps, Card Ideas, Smithy ideas, and my exclusive Aspect Item Suites
    May I join the Designer's Den?

@Kalin has designed a nigh impervious guild fortress. Can you maintain enough HP to survive the Begat G'zok cat once you're inside?

Attached Files:

12. Nevus

Nevus Kobold

Can I join? My dad says I gotta create a board.

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Yeah you gotta create a card hunter scenario file which must be downloadable by the guild owner. A scenario file includes a map, star requirements, characters for each team, and sometimes special tags, and a few other things.

14. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Kalin is your dad?

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Already answered.

16. Nevus

Nevus Kobold

The Barrier keeping Mount Olympus safe from monsters has been destroyed! Mythological horrors hiss and cackle as they rise from the depths of Tartarus to take down the gods once and for all! As Zeus needs a first line of defense, Hephaestus God of the Forge, Athena Goddess of Wisdom, and Hades God of the Underworld are stationed to deal with these monsters before they cause any real trouble. Their job is to eliminate these monsters, and if they do their job well, Zeus will allow the defenders to join him in his elite guild, the Designer's Den!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Nevus

Nevus Kobold

(I can usually play on Saturdays, Kalin)

18. Nevus

Nevus Kobold

What if Kalin beats me in the initiation? Do I fail? Ifigured that its better if I make the board hard, and Kalin beats me than too easy and I have to try again

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

To complete a guild initiation ceremony the newcomer must win the game.
    Visit the META site for more info: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/ceremonies.php#guild

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Though everyone (including me) forgets that when you play against a human, the host is the second player instead the first. But @Nevus persevered, and after a long, long fight made it into the Designer's Den!

ParodyKnaveBob, Farbs and tolkien like this.