what else are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neoncat, Mar 6, 2014.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I found an intresting card game that I believe if I've read right has been on mobile for awhile and was just resently imported to Steam on Oct. 28 called Shadowverse.

Check it out!

Shadowverse: the next evolution in collectible card games!
    Welcome to the fierce battlegrounds of Shadowverse, Japan's #1 competitive card collecting game!
    From the creators of Rage of Bahamut and RPG sensation Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse features AAA artwork and unique game mechanics that make it the most visually and tactically rich CCG on the market.
    • SUMMON 400+ cards, each lavishly illustrated with jaw-dropping fantasy art
    • STRATEGIZE with innovative mechanics that guarantee thrilling battles
    • MASTER seven character classes each with unique play styles and killer cards
    • BATTLE real-time opponents from around the world, or enjoy the fully voiced story mode
    Come join our fun-loving community and show us your Shadowverse style!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/453480/

trrst likes this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Well, the price is right. I'll have more to say when it finishes downloading.

EDIT: Okay, got through the tutorial and am starting the story... basically looks like Hearthstone + a SP campaign. Unfortunately it's another Unity game with way too many animations you can't disable, and the interface is a bit awkward (can't use the right mouse button).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    wereviper likes this.
  3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I. Love. Sleeping Dogs.

What an atmosphere this game has. I just love the scenery of Hong Kong. I haven't touched a lot of plot, but what I saw was good enough for me to enjoy.

4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I've not played Heartstone but yeah I saw that mentioned in the reviews but I mean for me it's visually stimulating and though the interface is a bit awkward now maybe they'll improve it later on.

5. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Seems that GOG.com is gifting Neverwinter Nights Diamonds (basically the first Neverwinter + all expansions + some extras) for free today. This is bad, though I'm more of a Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale fan nostalgia will probably hit me anyway and I'll end up celebrating Xmas in the Underdark.

FinalCheetah and wereviper like this.
  6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Neverwinter Nights was one of my favorites for sure. Icewind Dale was great too and I've played a little of Baldur's Gate but it's been quite awhile since I've played any of those. Right now my main games outside of this is Neverwinter Online and Shadowverse. I may end up downloading Diablo II at some point as it's only $9.99 straight from Blizzard for the digital copy.

Rohndil and Xvim like this.
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Icewind Dale holds up (with voices of Mark Hamill and Ron Pearlman) - was good fun to play it with some friends earlier this year. Never thought we would finish it, but we somehow managed to.

Rohndil and wereviper like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Finally got around to playing the Nier: Automata demo, and I was very enthused. The original Nier might be the most overlooked game of the last console generation, so I have a feeling this will be a very special treat.

9. Path of Exile. Why did no one tell me about this gem?

wereviper likes this.
  10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

tried it and it bored me, but may be i have outgrown the genre.

wereviper and Flaxative like this.
  11. Paper Crit

Paper Crit Orc Soldier

Playing: Eternal. A decent enough CCG, for one without tiles :D.

12. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

Anyone ever heard of Undertale? It's a good bullet-hell(ish) game with a great story.
    (Completed Neutral and Pacifist run)

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

If you find the game difficult now you will have a bad time when you play through the genocide route.
    Hint: Sea Tea gives a speed boost for the duration of the fight and therefore is going to be useful in it.

seth arue likes this.
  14. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

I'm pretty sure pacifist is the more difficult one. You gain no exp., so no level up, which means you're stuck at 20HP.
    I'm yet to start True-pacifist and Genocide, so I might miss a few facts or not know some things.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You will learn.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Tried a little a Eternal, and was seriously disappointed in their determination to repeat the mistakes of M:tG (basic lands, instants). Especially since they're obviously imitating Hearthstone which already showed how to avoid those mistakes.

If you want a new CCG/TBS hybrid, Labyrinth is interesting, but it's still in Early Access so don't expect a finished game.

Paper Crit likes this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Vholes

18. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I don't know about anyone else but I picked up Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist on Steam resently, have all the campains and decks unlocked with the exception of missing a few cards for some of the unlocked decks and though I haven't found much of a multiplayer community yet on the Steam version, I like the nostalgia I feel from growing up in my early teens watching the orignal series and on and off watching some of the later ones.

In any case though, I still love Cardhunter just haven't had the time to play much of any game since I'm trying to earn a couple of my base IT (Information Technology) certifications right now to start getting into the field professionally instead of just doing amature side work.

Dark Brightness likes this.
  19. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

One day, I tried out a nice little space game:
    Astrox.
    It's okay, then Unity got disabled on Chrome.
    Luckily, it's on it's way to WebGL.

00Banshee00 and Stexe like this.
  20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

You can still use Unity stuff on Firefox or download the file if available and run it on your computer. That's what I've had to do since I've done a lot of work in Unity.

One day I may update my games to WebGL but the support for that is spotty at best.