What's should the next Cardhunter Expansion be about?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by tolkien, Jan 17, 2017.

?

What should the next expansion (after Castle Mitternacht) be about?

1. Pirates, Seafaring, and Underwater Denizens

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Gary, Melvin, and Amy get magically transported into Cardhuntria and must find a way out

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Superheroes come to Cardhuntria to fight crime but end up being a lot of trouble themselves

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Fey Dark Elf triplets are raising an army in the north...

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. The Gods of Mount Oily Puss are quarrelling again, fully armed peacemakers requested

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

After we've all enjoyed Castle Mitternacht to the maximum, both in Multiplayer and Single player. What should be the next expansion to continue the entertainment and engagement value of Cardhunter? Cast your vote. Or write in your own idea.

2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The next expansion takes place inside a cursed children's fairy tale book. The adventuring party is tasked to examine a cursed book which has been trapping people inside of it, but when they do so they too are trapped inside and must fight to break the curse and get out.

The setting is bright, filled with rainbows, wide-eyed wildlife, friendly and inviting townsfolk, magnificent castles and inviting forests all made of edible and sweet substance meant to lull anyone trapped in the book to stay there forever, consuming their essence to sustain itself.

The adventuring party has to face off against a variety of cutesy but deadly creatures, including an insane cult of candy people, dictatorial unicorns, cannibalistic witches, insane lagomorphs, hypnotically chaming princes and Princesses Who Want More commanding ravenous wildlife in plots eerily similar to classic fairy tales and stories like the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.

Happenstance, SceoMyntan and tolkien like this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Walruses.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

DARK MAGIC and wereviper like this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I think Blu Manchu must have developed the fairy tale book campaign trying to reach the tween girl market. Perhaps we could get Amy to dust off her copy and bring it to the basement for a spin.

7. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

8. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

Well, not really. I am still waiting for promised single-player adventures related to Castle Mitternacht. Without them expansion is incomplete in my opinion, therefore I believe that Blue Manchu should focus on finishing current expansion first, and only then start preparing new one.

9. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

Not sure if I'm allowed to post these, but here are the module covers, pulled from Steam files:

Mitternacht1.jpg Mitternacht2.jpg Mitternacht3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I would put them in spoilers like in my modified quote. And to answer your question I think if they are public assets they are fine with them being posted.

11. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

Finish the SP Castle Mitternacht adventures.

After that?

Dinosaurs.

No, really. The possibilities are (nearly) endless. New cards like: Raptor Smarts, turn all enemies to face you and move all allies x spaces; Clubbed/Spiked Tail, Do x damage, you do not need to face your opponent to play this card (useful for monsters with Clumsy traits); Terrifying Lizard, all attacks do x extra damage, but all saving block rolls are at +1. And so on and so forth. There are already plenty of cards that suit dinosaurs, bite attacks, skin-based armours, and so forth, so the work can be focused on really new cards.

12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Walruses.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Of course I don't mean we've already enjoyed castle mitternacht single player by merely having the cards to fool around with on our characters in single player. I mean, as soon as we've fully enjoyed the single player modules that seem to be right around the corner...(as posted by maloqi) then what's next.
    @Vacuity I love the idea of Dinosaurs. Maybe post some of your ideas for monster decks over on the thread Terrible Transfigurations and or Card Ideas.

14. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I enjoyed the pseudo-nostalgia of early modules, D&D Greyhawk like.

Although Pirate adventure could be fun, I don't quite see the gameplay mechanics that could be tied to it.

We have yet to see Mitternacht modules.

15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

16. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Water mechanics seem too hard to implement. Maybe simply add water that isn't impassable, or have ship-based adventures with enemies that board, so you don't have to wrap your head around underwater stuff.

17. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I think the whole underwater idea could be implimented if Flax and the crew could maybe get some outside help from the players...I mean like some of our more design-minded players we have build some killer maps and come up with some great creature ideas but myself, I understand that BM is but a small group of people implimenting these ideas that are played by hundreds and maybe dare to say thouands of players or more and more players joining our game yet.

Me, personally, I'm just happy to have a game that is enjoyable to play, where for the most part the community of players are pretty cool people and there is always fun to be found playing with different maps, different decks and coming up with stratagies.

tolkien likes this.
  18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

My main angle is to keep slowly adding more content so that we can sustain interest in our community and add a few players here and there as others lose interest.
    I'd rather not see cardhunter go the way of loot and legends.

19. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Another option is to let the card mechanics, drive the flavour and theme, of expansion.

Of course I can't resist suggesting poison as a card option, and with poison we could see rogues / archers with poison weapons, and with poisonous archers we might see...i dunno, what about some kind of witch doctor theme to priests that allow them to magnify /reduce poison damage. Yes I'm suggesting a new character class lol so what aobut also a new race to go with rogue, halfling? Sijmilar HP to elves but with interesting racial bonuses to assist evasion / sneaking.

I will volunteer to help test this new race / class / set for free pizza!!

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Fixed it. (removed the word free)

DARK MAGIC likes this.