Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Casual42

Casual42 Orc Soldier

Wow, already plenty of great submissions this month !
    I'm hesitating between 2 items -_-; I'd like to have the community's opinion...
    I'll put the 2 in separate posts so I can count likes for each one.

2) Santa's Elf
    3) Elf Skill (obviously)
    4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Casual42

Casual42 Orc Soldier

2) Red Light, Green Light
    3) Arcane Skill
    4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

That awkward moment when @Rohndil 's frozen month submission doesn't even have a Cold Snap included.

wereviper and Rohndil like this.
  4. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Eh, I feel bad about it, but I wanted Duration 2 on all the Encumbers of my Icicle for a little more consistency.

For fun:
    Snapping Fingers
    Arcane Item
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

Of the staves with the five available Cold attacks for wizards, only one of them is a 2x minor token - Forval's Teak Staff, which has 1x Freeze, 1x Potent Spark, 1x Telekinesis, 1x Flash of Agony and 2x Stone Spikes on it. All the rest need at least one major token, which is kind of a bummer. I was hoping people could push the costs lower on their submissions...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    wereviper and tolkien like this.
  6. Founder

Founder Hydra

I'm quite chuffed with my 'chillaxed' pun, so I won't change my entry. But it's not terribly difficult to make a reasonably dynamic tokenless staff with a cold attack.

e.g: Force cone (x2), Cone of cold (x2), flammable (x2)

If you don't want those negative traits in there, you can swap Force Cone for a lesser push attack and swap Cone of Cold for Chilling Rime / Cold Snap.

You can probably also do a semi-decent icicle-based one with Ice Bolts and Stone Spikes.

7. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

One question. Is Icy Block a code damage card?

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No, it does no cold damage (not even 0 cold damage (if it dealt 0 it could be buffed)).

9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I guess I could try to get it to one minor token if you want.

Maloqi likes this.
  10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

This gave me an idea:

Name: Staff of Snowflakes
    Type: Staff
    Level: 12
    Tokens: (minortoken)(minortoken)
    Rarity: Uncommon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Inkfingers, Reint and Lucky Dice like this.
  11. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

I think this is OK as it is, gulo gulo. Not sure how much lower this could be pushed. Replacing Icy Block?

The thing is, I'm not sure if the token costs on the staves with cold is a design restriction by the devs. Pushing it to tokenless is probably a gamble in Aloyzo's Arsenal.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I was actually being sort of silly with my comment, since you were saying people needed to push the token costs lower, and I had already gotten it about as low as possible.

For the record, this is a re-submission. It may actually be a re-re-submission, I cannot remember. I basically have three staves I rotate on submitting. Ha.

No worries, and thanks.

wereviper and Maloqi like this.
  13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@j3st3ri What about this card instead of Slowed for the elementalist staff?
    [​IMG]

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

That would be cool, but I feel my item would be automatically disqualified, because the card seems to be a draft. (why else would there be a white box)

I still decided to make some changes ;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    tolkien likes this.
  15. Casual42

Casual42 Orc Soldier

By a comfortable margin, choice °2 wins ! Christmas is over, so get over it Santa's Elf. Red light, green light has been officially submitted. Thanks everybody !

wereviper likes this.
  16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Is it correct to call my design Robe of the Storm or Robes of the Storm?
    It is currently Robe of the Storm.

17. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

You should call it Herobes of the Storm

18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I think it would be Robes of the Storm, at least for the purposes of my sense of style. If I wanted to call it Robe, I would add The in front of it (The Robe of the Storm vs Robes of the Storm)

19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Robe of the storm reveals how top elo players play. Whirlwind and cone of cold both use one card to effect two or maybe three opponents. Thick hide armor can be used as good keep armor until it is needed as a move. Whirlwind enemies is better than whirlwind and sparkling is better than thick hide but each cost too much in terms of quality.

20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Goodwin I commend Vakaz's item creator in order to determine the level of your item accurately. Your item is a level 23 item, which is beyond the level 21 threshold of availability. You'd need to replace cone of cold for a frost jolt or chilling rime (even then its 21.5 just barely legal), alternatively you could turn a frost jolt or chilling rime into a tar quality card (level 20). Even then it would still be double major token.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.