Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Poinard is a former French auto-maker. Poignard (or poniard) is a long, lightweight thrusting knife.

hwango and WexMajor like this.
  2. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

So, I've got an idea for an item, but I already submitted one.
    I'll leave this one here, if someone needs one.

Count Yurik's Celerity
    Elf?/priest? skill
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (if you ever played to "vampire the masquerade" you know what Celerity is)

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I don't think BM will allow a level 30 item to win.

Lucky Dice likes this.
  4. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Too bad.
    It looks cool.
    I totally forgot the level requirement...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    trrst likes this.
  5. hwango

hwango Hydra

...that's so weird, I could have sworn I spell-checked that. Oh, well. Far too late to fix it now, but thanks anyway for pointing that out.

6. Founder

Founder Hydra

I've already made one submission - the Cold Shoulder - which I'm not entirely happy with (but I like the pun). I was thinking of changing it to this:

1. Founder
    2. Chillaxed
    3. Arcane Skill (Level 12 (minortoken) Epic)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thoughts? I can go up to 'Chop' for the chop (and still be a minor token) but I think that would weaken the chances of it being accepted.

7. bigpotato

bigpotato Kobold

As a rule, arcane skills have at least one trait. Also, this item would be a level 27 legendary.

This one's better. It'd be a level 15 legendary.

8. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

2) Yukinba's [weapon name] (i.e. like a Small Cutlass? or any weapon that matches the cards)
    3) Divine Weapon
    4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What level is this and what power tokens are needed, and does it work i.e. cold magic on a divine weapon. (a one of the kind (hopes not tho) AA weapon with Extra Hack and cold damage for a priest)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Technically, it would be lvl 13.5 YB weapon, but you should keep in mind that Cone of Cold is only found on wizard-only items so far, and Extra Hack is only found on shields so far.

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So I was fooling around with cold wizards to fit the multiplayer map month when I happened upon Aloyzo making another item.
    Firstly, we need more skills period. Secondly, we haven't had many Aloyzo crafted skills (traveller from the north, and the flight/hover ones.) Thirdly, as I was crafting cold wizards I needed more cooling laser to buff up the other cold attacks so...Polar Electromancy. I'd already crafted this item at the smithy it just needed a name. I love double entendres. And if I can't have alliteration I'll have to settle for assonance.
    We need more cooling laser!

Here's another idea that barely makes the level threshold: cooling laser, freeze, ice bolts, cold snap x 2, pushback parry.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I like the item, except you have not technically fulfilled this month's requirement.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Oops, I continually forget that cooling laser isn't cold. Do i switch to the staff which is similar to everyone else or do I just stick it out like tasty, tasty staff did?

13. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

As a user of double Supercooled Laser I also like the item and welcome Cooling Laser in a new slot for a blue token, so I'm tempted to say to take a shot at the bonus win. Your alternate staff submission doesn't stand out much and Ice Bolts probably disqualifies it outright, and the game currently has no Staves with double Cold Snap either which might be a design rule or a coincidence.

I'm sort of surprised I'm even suggesting to break the design rules, but it's just hard to stick out between the sea of staves being submitted and already in the game, the biggest unused niche I see is a low level cold staff but those aren't easy to pull of when there's no Paper Cold cards. I still think it was a mistake to make such a restrictive theme twice, I'd have much rather had a "Let's make a new Cold card together" contest like the Ready to Strike one but more narrow.

adajon likes this.
  14. Submitted a set of Robes that should give COLD and ELECTRICAL mages something to look forward too.

15. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Maniafig likes this.
  17. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Here's a suggestion for anyone interested: (I know Icy Block doesn't fulfill this months requirement, but I think it might have some leeway)

Name: Frostburn
    Type: Shield
    Level: 14
    Tokens: (minortoken)
    Rarity: Epic
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

wereviper likes this.
  18. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Ok I apprechate the feedback and will edit for the contest

19. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Maniafig You're right, the restriction is significant: arcane item, skill, staff, or robes. And the card selection is limited.

Maniafig and wereviper like this.