Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Ok, timeracers. Salutations!
    Have a great day.

2. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Should the items contain cards from the Castle Mitternacht? And more specifically silver or similar cards? I don't really see how else they could be themed
    Cool theme, heroes can always do with more items.

3. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

@Flaxative : would "Freezing Blade" be a valid card to add to an item ?

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

None of the above is a requirement, but of course, use your judgment in fulfilling the theme.

6. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Kathon is fine. Those monster cards are very dubious picks. They won't DQ automatically you but they will likely hurt your chances significantly unless you somehow surprise us with a really sweet design.

Kalin, ParodyKnaveBob and Rohndil like this.
  8. Founder

Founder Hydra

@Flaxative is Charles Darwin in Cardhuntrian lore? He's named and quoted on a card >_>

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Jon ? :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm going to be closing the contest within the day, then we're going to try to rush out a new build with AA, MM, and holiday stuff. Hold tight!!

Gingrich Yurr, tolkien, CT5 and 4 others like this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I just closed submissions. Thanks for all the entries, folks, and I hope the design challenge was fun! I'll work on getting AA&MM together ASAP. =)

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We'll be pushing out AA16 & MM22 along with the holiday stuff as soon as we can, hopefully in the next couple days. I don't have time to do a video this month due to the holiday crunch, so I'm just going to go ahead and announce the winner here.

@CT5's Haethel's Resolve was among several entries that met the design challenge, and we ended up picking it after much deliberation! Congratulations @CT5! CT5's item will be a guaranteed drop from Mauve Manticore 22. (Yes, Card Hunter Club members: this means you'll get TWO legendary items for completing this month's Mauve Manticore!)

Haethel's Resolve is a level 19 Legendary warrior Weapon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The puns were strong this month, by the way. I want to give special shout-outs to St. Bethan's Benevolance, Wym-sical Pranking, and Wym's Puri-fire. There were plenty of other great ones, too!

Speaking of cool entries. @cycosurgeon's Thraxar's Alphabet of Slaughter hit so many notes that we are including it in the game as a bonus winner. It isn't the official AA16 winning item and won't be a guaranteed drop from MM22, but it's honestly an amazing design and we're really excited to see what else cycosurgeon will brew up for future contests.

Thraxar's Alphabet of Slaughter is a level 10 Epic Martial Skill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Big congrats to the winners and a bigger thanks to all entrants.

We'll try to get AA17 open before the new year!

Maniafig, WexMajor, adajon and 4 others like this.
  13. Founder

Founder Hydra

An interesting choice given how Ready to Strike works... but I'm game.

Next month I'll submit something with Violent Spin, Muscle Through and Barge/Ooze shove. Statistically guaranteed to win! ¬_¬ (edit: interesting that VS and MT aren't both on any items...)

Lucky Dice and SceoMyntan like this.
  14. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

I hope the theme one month is to make a variant of an existing highly used MP item.

For instance, one example would be evensong but with different attacks or different buffs.

15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I just thought of a parody of Thraxar's Alphabet of Slaughter:
    The ABC's of AoE
    Arcane Item
    Arcane Spray, Burning Fingers, Cone Of Cold
    Also level 10. Rare.

I just noticed that the elements of the spells also make ABC (Arcane, Burning (this game calls it fire), Cold)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  17. At first I was going to name the item, Thraxar's ABC's of Slaughter. But I didn't, because I wasn't sure if non native English speakers would get it. Or if the game was localized at all for other languages that might cause an issue in translation.

Long names are the best names! Muahahahah

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  18. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The item is on the test server and will be released together with the new MM meaning it can appear in chests and shops, just not as a guaranteed drop from playing MM22.

Flaxative and cycosurgeon like this.
  19. k, thanks. Release Notes always said item and not items so wasn't sure. Thanks for peeking for me!