Figure Art Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sir Knight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Okay, so I don't get to create an "official" thread for this, but I need someplace to put all these reports that don't fit in other threads. In this case, character models. And I don't mean "Hey, Blue Manchu, you didn't implement art for some model!" because they already know that. I mean bugs.

In the first battle in Black Oaken Heart (Stand of Oaks), the "Spreading Oaks" use two different models. They're a couple of minions, so both of their models should be the same.

In the third battle (Dense Wood), I noticed that the Towering Maple Trees have their cardboard section floating in the air above their base. This is probably the case everywhere else, too.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I renamed your thread and stickied it, because it's a good idea.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yay! I'm a helper!

(Cue sitcom-standard counterpoint, like me toppling a display case or something.)

Dorque likes this.
  4. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

When a figure is floating above the base, it means it was exported as a 2x2 figure but is being used for a 1x1 monster...
    The trees got changed around a lot and are clearly messed up. In this case it's misnamed figures in the Monster file, but I'm probably going to rejigger the whole trees range to try to help fix it.

5. Ben_Lee

fixed this issue, plus made changes to the figures so that they are more clearly distinguishable from each other (the original art was done a really long time ago).

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Not sure if this is the right place for this:

Young Maple Trees in Stand of Maples missing small portrait. I can see small portraits of the Stout maple tree and forest spider.

edit: Tall Beech Tree in Beech Copse and Enchanted Thicket is missing small portrait as well

7. Ben_Lee

Thanks, fixing it!

8. Ben_Lee

Trees are all screwed up at the moment, should be fixed in next release.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Third color for half naked elf warrior 3 is inverted green and silver instead of the black and purple on the cardholder that looks awesome i might add!

mf1.png

necklace, belt and staff gem/wrapping on card holder doesn't match avatars on 2 and 3
    dwarf error.png

human wizard with long beard 3 has a purple gem on the avatar but it is white/clear on the cardholder.
    human error.png

elf 1 and 3 swap the hands they hold flame and staff in when facing away from the player.
    elf error.png elf error 1 part2.png

Dwarf cleric 3 doesn't have a helm on the cardholder but he still does on the avatar also his armor and weapon is gold tinted on the cardholder but not on the avatar and the shield symbol doesn't match.
    dwarf error 2.png

also might add that a single priest has her head cowered combined with her different and cool looking weapon might get her confused for a warrior.

And the human female warrior with wings on her head goes from a two color shield to a 1 color shield on number 2 and 3 which might be intentional but i just figured i should point it out in case.

Looked through all of them as far as i can tell and i love the detail and heart that has been putt in to them thanks a lot for helping make this game awesome!

10. Ben_Lee

Turns out some of the figures were using an old export. Should be fixed in next release (and purple elf is back!)

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

*tips hat* you are awesome and so is purple elf!

Ben_Lee likes this.
  12. Ben_Lee

Cheers Wozarg!

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Apprentice geomancers in ritual core missing small portrait.

14. Ben_Lee

Thanks, fixed next release!

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Goblin Shredders use same model as one of the three Goblin Grunt models. Is this intended? Maybe save one of the Grunt models for Shredders if you're not planning to make a new one.

16. Ben_Lee

That wasn't intended, I'll look into it. Thanks!

17. Ben_Lee

The Shredder figure has a different weapon to the Grunts, but it's otherwise identical (from early in development). I'll change it to be more distinct.

Zalminen and Pengw1n like this.
  18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Might i suggest scars since they seam to handle volatile weapons if they can shred my 5 armor full plate or maybe torn armor would fit better. Just a thought considering your work so far i know it will be awesome either way.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Guztuk, goblin king in Goblin King adv missing small portrait.

20. Ben_Lee

Also missing a figure... Fixed today, figure and portrait should be in next build. Thanks Phaselock!