Aloyzo's Arsenal #15: You make the card! Part 4: Card Effect!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Oct 21, 2016.

?

Aloyzo's making a new card. What's the card?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2016.
  1. Clear Mind

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Disengage, Soldiers!

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Ready to Strike

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Scout's Vigil

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Terrifying Visage

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Trailblazer

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

"Drum Rolls" And the winner is ...

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I hear those go great with Kobold Butter.

Pie. The winner is always pie.

[​IMG]

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

4. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey all, this has been a bit of a process, but I'm Ready to Say that Ready to Strike is the winner. Hopefully in the next day or two we'll be putting together a new test build with a new Mauve Manticore and a small handful of new items that use Ready to Strike. The numbers on the card may have changed in the itemization process; no announcement on that front at this time but stay tuned.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I also want to thank everyone for your patience. This was an experiment, and one that I think went well, but there were some unknowns going in, and it took some thinking on our end to figure out what to do with the final poll, whether and how to change the winning card, how to introduce the new card, etc.. I want to remind folks that Aloyzo's Arsenal is something I do on the side, and that I will periodically need to put other work ahead of it. Thanks again everyone!

7. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Flax! I'm pretty sure we're all just joking around and teasing you. We know you have a rather small team, and continue to make awesome content for an awesome game :) I don't think anyone was really getting upset. We all really appreciate your efforts, and look forward to seeing the content come into fruition in the future!

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I assumed most of these posts were made in good fun but I wanted to explain the time it took me regardless =)

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I think it was a great idea to go with what card you did. I kept thinking of magic the gathering's "imposing visage" when hearing terrifying visage.

10. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

So what's going on with this? Is the contest being started with those conditions or what?

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Stexe likes this.
  12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

@Flaxative

So, can we hope the next Aloyzo will be based in creating a set of new Immovable/Stone Feet items, to further emphasize the counterplay of the new card? :)
    I would also accept a "Fancy Hat Competition".. :rolleyes:
    I can't imagine the entire meta shifting to base around a niche helmet-only card, but given that the two cards are rather useful on their own, RtS combined with giving them better itemization could really encourage them being slotted [whereas currently they tend to be pretty rarely included, from my experiences].
    Boots, for example, could benefit from some expansion-based cards combined with Immovable- I believe currently only one CM boot exists with the card, and no AotA, EttSC, or AI ones.
    In any case, definitely appreciating the extra build depth the card's addition offers the game. :)

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm going to close and unsticky this thread now. Hopefully opening Aloyzo's Arsenal 16 within the next day or so. It'll be an item design contest again :p

vitreo84, CT5, Pokemaster131 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.