I want to help the community grow so I created a Discord server

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Kaishin, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Kaishin

Kaishin Kobold

While the game does have built in chat and while it is quite good for a medium like Kongregate, it has a lot of limitations. The biggest of these is the separation between Steam, Kongregate, and whatever other platforms Card Hunter might be on. I also believe each region of the world has a separate server (and subsequently, chat) as well, further dividing the community.

A Discord server can supplement the forum as another way for people to communicate. Whether your goal is to discuss tactics or strategies, ask for help, or even just to make new friends, a Discord chat is a perfect place for that.

https://discord.gg/D5BzUPb

Clicking the link opens a new tab in your browser window. No downloads and no resource hogging (unlike skype on both accounts). It's comparable to IRC, but logs are stored automatically (don't worry, they aren't loaded all at once), you don't have to rejoin, and frankly the interface is just much neater and clean. Also, like IRC, it is very fast.

Also, if you're like me and vastly prefer dark backgrounds, Discord has a nice black background that's really easy on the eyes. If you prefer black over white or vice versa, you can click on the gear symbol at the bottom way underneath the channel list, go to appearance, and click on which color you want.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Nope. All clients connect to the same server and the world chat is shared with all online users, regardles of the client/region.

Anyways, hopefully CH Discord will spice things up. At least it has timestamps. :)

timeracers likes this.
  3. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Solid idea. ElreyNito, Calaran and I use Discord for co-op shenanigans, I'll certainly drop into the channel soon.

4. Kaishin

Kaishin Kobold

This has picked up a bit but as of now it's still a little slow (10+ people). What should I do?

5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

imho a prompt in-game in Options would be nice. @Flaxative ?

6. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Strange that you would pick one of the few games around with an in-built chat function and try to introduce a third party chat function. Good for you. I like your spunk.

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

except discord is also a voice chat and easy image posting

8. Pawndawan

What does Discord do better than current in-game chat and this forum? I'm not sure voice chat and easy image posting are enough.

I use Discord only for Duelyst, which doesn't have in-game chat, so I don't really have answers to you. Maybe a bot that acts as a quick item / card lookup (parses the live csvs [Equipment.csv & Cards.csv])?

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Pawndawan

One thing you could do right away, is to change the Discord server icon:
    [​IMG]
    This icon should make the Discord server 110 % better.

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5, karadoc and 2 others like this.
  10. Kaishin

Kaishin Kobold

Done and done. TBT I didn't know what to put but I guess this works... for now.

11. Gaston Darkus

Gaston Darkus Kobold

The Link Expired, please sumbit again

12. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Please, resubmit a new link.
    Sorry, but I was away when this was made.

13. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

14. Slop

Slop Kobold

It would seem that the link has expired again. Mind making a new one?