Build Deployment Downtime Thu 27 Oct 23:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The server will be down for about an hour as we deploy a new build. This build contains the latest Mauve Manticore, seven new items from Aloyzo, and our latest set, Castle Mitternacht. Also, Halloween content, which will run through mid-November.

Some local times:
    • US (PST): Thu 27 Oct 4pm
    • US (EST): Thu 27 Oct 7pm
    • Europe (CET): Fri 28 Oct 1am
    • Australia (AEST): Fri 28 Oct 10am
    We'll detail the release in a blog post, and will make sure all the info is linked when we announce the new release.

2. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Although this expansion doesn't contain any new adventures, I'm far more excited about it than the last two expansions (although I bought both of them). I only play SP and as there are tokenless items with new cards on, they make every adventure a new challenge as I attempt to find the most efficient way to get to that final chest.

Whilst high-level items may make MP hunters drool, they are unusable for much of the campaign and so items that add to all of the SP experience are very welcome.

Many thanks BM!

ParodyKnaveBob and cycosurgeon like this.
  3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Are there new collector achievements for Steam?

Kashad likes this.
  4. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Speaking of SP, and improving the SP experience; are there any plans to allow players to replay the campaign with the original GM dialogue? The dialogue from Gary et al. is a fun part of the game, and I'd like to see it again. It would be really nice to have an toggle option in the options menu, with something like:
    GM dialogue:
    • Always
    • Once
    • Never

or if those words sound too permanent, perhaps this:
    • On
    • Auto
    • Off

Kashad, seth arue, wavy and 5 others like this.
  5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I am excite

MathuranF, CT5 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  6. I have wanted this myself. I've actually taken to playing on an alternate account to get my fix once more of Gary & Gang.

7. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You all planning on surprising Steam users in 3 hours? May wanna rush out a News post there about the downtime. :X

@Jon @Flaxative

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

#Hype

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

>US (PST): Thu 27 Oct 4pm

Eh. Well, I'm out 5 epic chests early. Not used to PST and EST being the reference points for US.

I guess I'll bite the responsibility for this one, but for my sake, wouldja include GMT in the description next time? It'll remind those absent-minded of us to calculate it ourselves [as I normally do].
    (Or even better, write out the abbreviations, or relate it to server reset.)

..and I worked so hard for those chests, only to get duplicate epics. :'(

:sniffles in the corner:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This downtime will be delayed by 1 hour and 15 minutes as we need to give the league time to finish.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, it's in the thread title :X

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That's the problem. The game itself uses UTC, so that should be more prominent in the thread itself. :X

I'm just asking if you could try and consider it next time. Shouldn't be any more work for you, if you remember it. :)

13. Don't open your chests until you see the update announced by the herald on the game opening screen.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

And the new chest shop :)

karadoc likes this.
  15. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

:takes notes:
    Good call, I'll use that as my verification step next time. :)

Shops are a useless basis for change to anyone that isn't obsessive about keeping track of them, sorry.
    For someone who can't tell minor differences in things, such as myself, and who ignores all the shops other than Randi and DD (in the campaign menu), I wouldn't notice that unless I happened to pop into the multiplayer screen and the entire background had been changed.
    Adjusting an existing pattern into a new one for conditional circumstances isn't feasible, but associating a new premise, like Potato suggested, would be quite doable.

It was just a lot of careless acknowledgements by several users to the timestamp I'd interpreted, this time, combined with my general interpretation issues and lack of an established framework for confirmation. Potato's suggestion should resolve it for the future. :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  16. Downtime's over!