Lil' People's Town Meeting [Win Pizza!]

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Shanomo, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Shanomo

Shanomo Guild Leader

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, All peoples of Cardhuntria!
    The Braves of Glory, the awesomest new guild, and masters of kicking butt, have an urgent mission of peace for all brave adventurers.

Premise: The Lil' People of Cardhuntria have founded a lovely town here in this thread: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/turning-items-into-lil-people-and-stuff.8600/

Until recently they have lived in peace, but there is talk of monsters roaming the night, slaughtering sheep, haunting houses and worse yet! The town council of the Lil' People have elected to hold a meeting which all the town's people should attend, for fear of their very lives. :eek:
    The only place big enough nearby to hold all the Lil' People in a single room is the Fort of the Braves, who have offered kindly to let them use their hall and also hold a pizza party for them! But the Lil' People must first travel some distance, and for fear the new monsters, they want adventurers (AKA Big People) to guide them safely there. Will you help one of them to their destination? They might just share some pizza with you!

Instructions: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a Lil' Person (as seen in the above thread link) and post them here safely so they may attend the Meeting/Pizza Party. Each Big Person may only bring one Lil' Person (further submissions after your first will not be counted). Depending on the number of submissions, in 2 or 3 weeks on the weekend the Lil' People will be judged and the most amazing looking Lil' Person (and their guide too!) will be given the first lot of pizza! Then all the Lil' People will begin their meeting after having safely been brought to the hall.

Prizes:
    First place - $10 pizza code (330 in-game pizza)
    Second place - 2 epic chests
    Third place - 1 epic chest

Rules:
    -One submission per person.
    -Please name your Lil' Person.
    -No photo editing, all submissions must be direct screen shots of items in game only.
    -Original, new designs only! Do not use the designs found in the original Lil' Person thread, even if you are the original poster, this is important to create an even playing field.
    -Each submission will be given a score by each judge, then scores will be added together to find the winner.
    -Judges may not enter the competition.
    -Braves may enter the competition, but they will not be able to win first prize, they already have enough pizza :D
    If a brave does happen to win first place, the pizza prize will be given to the next non-brave in the list.

If anyone wishes to join the braves while they are visiting our fort, please click the link on the banner below to see information about our guild. Good luck to all the adventurers travelling through the night, may all the Lil' People be brought safely to our halls!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Shanomo

Shanomo Guild Leader

Please find Lucas in the town center now, who has set up a sign up desk for the journey.
    Lucas.jpg

News:
    23/10/16 - Contest start, The Braves of Glory invite all able adventurers on a mission of peace, for pizza! http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/lil-peoples-town-meeting-win-pizza.10267/#post-124128
    24/10/16 - Lots of new submissions on our first day, and also have gotten word from Flax that they would be happy to give us some chest prizes for the runners up!
    13/11/16 - Closed for Judging! Good luck to all!
    14/11/16 - Results are in! See as follows below!

Thanks to all contestants, we've had some amazing submissions! The Judges gave each Lil' Person a score from 0-10 based on their Originality, Quality, Detail and Theme. I will list each username with their overall score from each judge.

So, without further ado...
    Username - Judging scores
    1st: Mama Mia - 6.21, 8.33, 8.5
    2nd: Trrst - 7.22, 7.33, 7.5
    3rd: Hwango - 5.6, 7.16, 9
    4th: j3st3ri - 5.13, 8, 8
    5th: Herself the elf - 7, 5.5, 8
    (Honourable mention to Gast86, who just missed 5th place by a difference 0.01!)

Could these card hunters please message me or post their in-game usernames here, so I can pass on their names to staff to be given chests in game.

Congratulations to all the winners, and once again thanks to everyone for getting involved! You have the Lil' Peoples eternal gratitude :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Robby the Robot - Turbocharged Edition!

redrocket2.png

Casual42, DunDunDun, Rohndil and 9 others like this.
  4. Shanomo

Shanomo Guild Leader

Haha nice rinco :D how much horsepower does he have in that car engine stuck on his back?

5. Ashendale

Ashendale Kobold

Rupert, the gladiator.
    Rupert.png

Rohndil, timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  6. rifrazionista

rifrazionista Kobold

THE SELF-INVITED GRINCH him love party,pizza and burn all!!! grinch.JPG

7. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

Handsome Pete, who went questing for wizard treasures to enhance his handsomeness but found nay but curses.

Wizard Treasures.jpg

Pawndawan and Gast86 like this.
  8. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Pumpkin Pat.PNG

Pumpkin Pat is ready for Halloween! Are you? (He looks sad because he is wearing mismatched boots, one Marmot and one Patchwork)

Pawndawan and trrst like this.
  9. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

upload_2016-10-23_16-41-1.png

The band "Rag Items" will also be there to bring a little music to the party.
    (I'm not sure if I'll be disqualified for posting three, but a one man band is just not as much fun.)

Casual42, trrst, 40c_rudy and 3 others like this.
  10. trrst

trrst War Monkey

"Mad" Max Rockatansky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  11. Dr Cerebro

Dr Cerebro Kobold

Lil' Red Spiking Hood and the Big Bad Monkey Hydra (I don't really care which is the entry, both pale in comparison to some of the steller stuff posted upthread)

[​IMG]

BONUS: Happy Skull gives questionable fashion advice.

[​IMG]

12. BillyIdol1978

BillyIdol1978 Kobold

upload_2016-10-23_16-16-45.png Keeble. keeper of he never ending ale mug who can have a party without Ale.

Pawndawan likes this.
  13. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

I present to you....My little indiscriminate pyromaniac. [​IMG] He likes to set stuff on fire just like me :) His matches are just fire-starters...to cover his murders in a fiery hell.

BlackVoidDeath and Pawndawan like this.
  14. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Sleek Billy admires his haircut in a mirror:

[​IMG]

15. Craga

Craga Kobold

Wolfie the spirit guide

wolfie.png

16. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The garish color selections make it impossible [for those of us with certain visual circumstances (and presumably to anyone with any sense of aesthetics) ] to read.
    @Flaxative , does the Manchu guideline for "all player-run events have to be accessible to all players" apply to deliberate formatting-based exclusions, as well? :oops:

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To clarify, this is only a guideline for player-run events with Blue Manchu-provided prizes.

And yes, @Shanomo could make their post more legible I suppose.

18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Well, I literally can't read it, and the attempt is painful.
    Of course, it occurs to me now that I can copasta it to text file, so it's not like I don't have recourse, but given how woeful the sense of aesthetics is, it's not as if there's a constructive reason for them to have blindsided me with the headache-inducing formatting. :X
    Well, I'll go take that approach I suggested and drop the matter, now that my sentiments are well expressed. :confused:

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

A heavily armored vampire:
    [​IMG]
    Name: Marc Tussand

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Mama Mia and Pawndawan like this.
  20. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Thanks for changing the formatting!

..though I'm still not sure what we're supposed to do. :rolleyes:
    You just want us to collage item art together into simple caricatures?