Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Brickhouse

Block Any Roll +4

If this card blocks, attach to character. This card prevents all damage to character. Durration 1.

adajon and Potato Priest like this.
  2. PicnicpieTP

PicnicpieTP Kobold

Shield Pressure

Attack, melee crushing, Damage 5, Range 1, Warrior card.
    If this attack blocked, the target gains Halt. Duration 1.

"Pretty nice... Let's see if you can hold on with THIS !"

wereviper likes this.
  3. @wereviper I love the thematic nature of the card. However, before it becomes an in-game card ;), it should probably be changed from
    to duration spelled the regular way.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  4. This card would inspire a song over Skype every time it triggers. I love that.
    Also, the proper wording of the battle log text for it seems pretty clear. :D

P.S. Shouldn't it be "Brick... Howse"?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  5. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@Potato Priest,

lol sorry yeah didn't have my spell checker on! And yes if your making refrence to the song then that would be the correct name! lol

6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Forged in Fire
    Boost
    Add +2 Fire damage to any melee attack. Attach "Set Ablaze" (Burning 2. Duration 2) to Target.
    Cold as Ice
    Boost
    Add +2 Cold damage to any melee attack. Attach "Cold Feet" (Encumber 2. Duration 2.) to Target
    Thunder Struck
    Boost
    Add +2 Electric damage to any melee attack.

Corrosive
    Boost
    Add +2 Acid damage to any melee attack. Target discards oldest Armor card.

Weapon of the Mind
    Boost
    Add +2 Psychic damage to any melee attack.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  7. @wereviper who would be burned and encumbered by the fire and ice boosts?

wereviper and WexMajor like this.
  8. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Frosting Cannon

Projectile attack - Type cold
    Range 5 - Damage 5
    Encumber 1 - duration 2
    If target dies by the damage of this card or while having this card attached, create in the hand of attacker a "morsel" card.

Potato Priest likes this.
  9. What do you think about adding the following provision: "If this attack is blocked, create a Morsel card in target's hand."? (Simulates eating the frosting as it is shot at you)

WexMajor likes this.
  10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Psi Wave

Attack/handicap - Type psychic
    Range NA - Damage 3
    Affects all characters Unblocable, Penetrating.

Ancestor's Blessing

Assist - Type holy
    All Dwarf character Heal 4; draw a card

11. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Why is this a handicap? Unless it is a mandatory action maybe, but currently I don't think this is a handicap. Also you can just say it does unpreventable damage.

12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Backbiting Strike is a pure attack card with an E/Tar rating. It's not a hybrid attack/handicap card.

Other cards like Bungled Bolt and Firestorm that can also harm the player are pure attacks as well, while Demonic Feedback is a pure assist card. This is because the negative effect the cards have on the player only occur when the player plays the card itself and they have full control over when to do so. To be a handicap card the negative effect has to be out of your control by being a mandatory action, trait or a reaction, even if it's a reaction to your own movement.

EDIT: I don't know how the Impetuous traits fit into this though, they're odd ducks and by this logic I think they should be part handicap given they're beyond the player's control and often negatively affect your play.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  13. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@Potato Priest Thanks for pointing that out. The enemy being hit by the attack would suffer the burn and encumber effects. Not sure how to properly word that off the top of my head.

Potato Priest likes this.
  14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Right, that was poorly written. This is more like what I had in mind:

Psi Wave
    Attack/handicap - Type psychic
    Range NA - Damage 3 unpreventable
    Mandatory action

15. Try putting parentheses and italics around the effects of Set Ablaze and Cold Feet as is done with Attack, Soldier!

16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Speedy stab
    Rare silver quality piercing melee
    Damage 2 range 2 cone
    (Should it be 3 damage?)

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Dwarven Armorer (Dwarf Skill Slot only)
    Rare emerald quality Hybrid Armor/Boost
    Boost: Other Armor cards gain the Keep keyword
    Armor: 6+ Armor 2

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    trrst and alikus2 like this.
  18. Oh my god. This is soooo much better than silver. Think about inspiring armor.

tolkien likes this.
  19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Currently inspiring armor is unplayably awful.
    Emerald quality? Maybe amethyst?

20. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

Shield Bash
    Attack/Block, melee bludgeoning, 4 damage, 1 range, warrior card, 1. When this card deals damage, increase the damage dealt by 5 if you have another block card in your hand. 2. Block any (Roll 5+), if the attacker is adjacent to you, deal 4 bludgeoning damage to it.
    Brawl
    Attack, melee bludgeoning, 5 damage, 1 range, warrior card, when this card deals damage, increase the damage dealt by 2 for every other attack card in your hand, you take 2 bludgeoning damage for every attack card in the target's hand.
    Arcane Orb
    Attack, magic arcane, 6 damage, 6 range, wizard card, when you target an ally with this card or this card is blocked, reduce the damage dealt to 0 and place this card into the target's hand.
    Shocking Aura
    Armor, wizard card. Armor 1 (Roll 4+), if you take more than 3 damage from electric damage, reduce the damage dealt to 3, when taking melee damage from an adjacent character, deal 3 electric damage to them, at the end of the round, deal 3 electric damage to all adjacent characters.
    Soul Siphon
    Attack, magic unholy, 1 damage, 1 range, priest card. For each point of damage this attack does, you Heal 1, attach to target: At the end of each round, take 3 penetrating unholy damage and the caster Heal 3. Duration 2.
    Cursed Wound
    Attack, melee piercing, 2 damage, 1 range, priest card. Penetrating, attach to target: When you are healed, take penetrating unholy damage equal to double the amount healed. Duration 1.