Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Focused Perplexing Ray
    Magic Arcane Attack, Range 6, Gold Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Target discards a card of your choice.'
    (you would click on either a revealed or unrevealed card in the target's hand)

2. @adajon That focused perplexing ray would put even more disincentive on blind rage (they'd know what attacks to make you discard). It would be interesting to see in play due to it's potential to deal with all enemy builds when combined with elven insight and scouting run. I would probably rate it as an emerald card myself, for its amazing versatility.

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Lycanthropic Aura
    Quality: Amethyst/ Emerald?
    Hybrid Armor/ Boost
    Armor 1, 4+
    Whenever you play a Move card, add Cantrip to it. Does not affect step moves.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  4. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Inertia

Type boost/move
    All step attacks have their damage increased by one
    Move 4 free move

5. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

I noticed that there aren't currently any cards which buff radiation priests...

Radioactive Aura
    Boost, Silver Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself, Duration 3.'
    Reaction: 'Whenever you play a Radiation attack, attach a random Handicap card to a random enemy. Keep.' (Chance 3+)

Radiation Leak
    Boost/Handicap, Bronze Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself, Duration 2.'
    Reaction: 'Whenever you play a Move card, a random square within 3 squares of you becomes Irradiated terrain. Keep.'

Hazmat Suit
    Armour, Bronze+ Quality?
    Reaction 1: 'This armour grants Immunity to Radiation. Keep.'
    Reaction 2: 'If a Handicap card generated by a Radiation card or Irradiated Terrain would be attached to you, that card is instead discarded. Keep.'
    Reaction 3: 'Armour 1. Keep.' (Chance 3+)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  6. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

An hazmat suit would probably provide immunity to poison and acid too...

Copycat

Boost
    When an enemy within 3 squares uses a card different from a move card, add a copy of that card to your hand. Roll 4+

7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Salvation

Magic assist - Type holy
    Range 3 - Duration 2
    Attach to target.
    When this card is discarded, target Heal 10

8. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I can see this being like a self-attached Death Meld though for a character that manages to survive attacks for those 2 turns

WexMajor likes this.
  9. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I had a few ideas some time ago. I'm not sure I remember all of them, and I doubt I'm going to specify quality most of the time. Also, the numbers could possibly vary, of course, I'm usually just going with a value that feels reasonable to me. Often it tends to turn out that whatever I think is reasonable in reality is far from it, so I suppose it's better to just look at the ideas instead.

Opportunity Attack
    Attack/boost, melee slashing
    Damage 5, range 1
    When an enemy character adjacent to you moves, deal 7 melee slashing damage to them first. (3+ roll)

Riposte
    Attack/boost, melee slashing
    Damage 6, range 1
    When you block a melee attack, deal 7 melee slashing damage to the attacker.

Lightning Attack
    Attack, melee slashing
    Damage 9, range 1
    Subtract one from the die roll of any non-armour card that could trigger against this attack.

The more time passes, the less likely it appears that rogues will ever make it to the game; I'm not trying to comment on whether that's a good or a bad thing, I only know I had a few ideas for them a while back, so I thought I might as well put a few of them down here.

Sabotage
    Boost
    If an enemy you can see within five squares of you plays a card targeting one of its allies, cancel that card.

Poisoner
    Boost
    Trait. Duration 3. When a card you control deals poison damage, it deals one more damage. Keep.

Ambusher
    Boost
    Trait. Duration 3. When you play a Melee attack from behind your target, that attack deals two bonus damage. Keep.

Marksman
    Boost
    Trait. Duration 3. When you play a Projectile attack, it deals one additional damage. Keep.

Hide
    Assist
    Attach to yourself. You may not be targeted. Frenzy 4. Duration 2. Discard this attachment if you end your turn on a square not adjacent to blocking terrain or after playing an attack.
    (Note: It's discarded on the character ending its turn on a square not adjacent to blocking terrain, rather than ending its move on one, because I suppose cantrip moves shouldn't break it.)

Sneak Attack
    Attack, melee piercing
    Damage 2, range 1
    If you have Hide attached, this card deals three additional damage.

Shadow Step
    Block/move
    Block melee 3+. If unoccupied, move to the square behind the attacker. Attacker does not turn to face you after you move.

Double Team
    Attack/Boost, melee piercing
    Damage 3, range 1
    Reaction 1: If an ally plays a melee attack at an enemy adjacent to you, deal four piercing damage to that enemy. Keep.
    Reaction 2: If you play this card and the target has one of your allies adjacent to it, deal five bonus damage.

Distract
    Utility
    Range 8
    Target a square. All characters within two squares of you turn to face that square. Cantrip.

Blinking Strike
    Attack, melee piercing
    Damage 3, range 1
    Step 1. Poison 2, duration 2. Stealthy. Move 1 after you play this attack.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    timeracers, wereviper and Maniafig like this.
  10. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Just reading all this almost sounds like how I'm tryin to build my Trickster Rouge in Neverwinter. Namely the Shadow Step, and Sneak Attack as I'm trying for a DPS build with stealth on at least first attack in order to stun then backstab, hit enemy until recharge then try again with the stun attacks to take advantage.

11. Ludicrine

Ludicrine Kobold

Have three very unrelated ideas I've been milling around with for a while:

Chicken (alternative names: Lightning Round, Sudden Death, or any other stuff of that caliber)
    Boost/Handicap, Emerald Quality
    Attach to all characters. When a card is played by a character, they take 3 unpreventable psychic damage. Duration 1.
    "No, please, you go first! I insist."
    (Slightly inspired by the Yu-Gi-Oh card "Chicken Game". I figure this'll encourage more people in ranked matches to keep more purging cards on them. Either that or it'll make a lot of people angry.)

Flanking Strike
    Attack, Paper Quality
    Melee Crushing, 2 damage, range 1
    Cantrip.
    "Think of it like an appetizer, but a lot more painful."
    (The description of Weak Strike suggesting to "test an enemy's defenses" is something I've taken to heart - unfortunately, I've found myself dying a lot when hitting an enemy with a Bludgeon only to get demolished the next turn by some 10 damage card. Thought it might be nice to have something to trigger some block cards and reveal some armor cards without ending the turn.)

Semi-Reliable Mail
    Armor, Bronze Quality
    Armor 2. At the start of each round, discard your oldest card other than this. If this is your only card, it does not prevent damage. Keep.
    "Sturdy and fortified in all the right places, this armor will keep you ready to take on anything... But it's the lack of pockets that are the problem."
    (Lots of times I end up chickening out and keeping only my armor cards until I can get healed up and ready for battle again. How about a card that penalizes you for doing that?)

Dunno if I'm allowed to get it on this thread but I'd love feedback/potential fixes/all that jazz.

12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Ludicrine welcome to this thread. Regarding flanking strike and your explanation: this is what Extra Hack is nice for. Chicken is a terrible name but a great idea. It would be sweet to have Adaptable on if that card ever came around. I love the flavor text for semi-reliable mail. I think the quality on that card would be black though, and it would be a hybrid black/grey card. The drawback is very costly.

Ludicrine likes this.
  13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Respite

Assist/handicap
    Type holy
    Heal 5 Mandatory action

Revenge

Melee attack/boost
    Type slashing Damage 7 - Range 1
    If you play this card when you are the last character of your team, this card deals double damage

14. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Isn't that basically just Morsel but less healing?

15. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Dimensional Rift
    Handicap, Tar Quality
    Reaction: 'At the start of each round, you Move 2 randomly, Teleport. Keep.'

Dimensional Tear
    Magic Arcane Utility, Silver Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Create and attach a copy of Dimensional Rift to every character.'

Vlamona likes this.
  16. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Major Dimensional Rift
    Handicap, Tar Quality
    Reaction: 'At the start of each round, place yourself in a random unoccupied square. Keep.'

Major Dimensional Tear
    Magic Arcane Utility, Gold Quality?
    Play Effect: 'Create and attach a copy of Major Dimensional Rift to every character.'

17. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Interrupt

Melee block 4+
    If the attack is blocked, deliver 6 penetrating piercing damage to the attacker
    If the attacker is still alive, he will strike with his original attack.

18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Thats more of a boost like Simian Reflexes than a block.

WexMajor likes this.
  19. Pounce
    Move 2
    Move in a straight line. At the end of this move, if you have moved at least 2 squares and there is a character in the next square, create and attach a Trip card to that character.

20. ArkyRomania

ArkyRomania Kobold

Hello! I have an idea of a card, more like a easter egg card... With the power of photoshop i created the card :) With a good description and maybe poison imunity this card will be good :) maybe only 2 armor, 4 and poison is a bit owerpowered :) I let you guys know the reference. :)
    [​IMG]