Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Also, I love your staff @Fry_The_Guy; just thinking about swapping an elf warrior and her support priest up to six times in a game sounds delightful. I'll have to figure what the token cost is on that one, ha.

2. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I was not aware of that, thanks for the information.

3. It was a weird try for sure. I think Morvin is a fun monster ( due to the fact he is based on a game character and part of a sibling rivalry ) but sadly he was hard to make an item for since it's pretty much a known thing that the devs hate poison items and ranged projectiles in MP. So the only way I could get the theme of Morvin is to use the demonic miasma since all his stink/poison cards are a killer in the devs eyes. I also thought about the Horned plate, but that isn't on a helmet. And I figured with all the min/max'ers a spiked mail one wouldn't ever get used even if it did get selected, so I went with the Crown instead. I'd rather gamble with the stink then betray the true "essence" of Morvin! :p

As far as I remember there are no Minotaur in the game and there is already an item called the Minotaur Helm.

In general I always feel like I am gambling with all my AA submissions, since I don't min/max them out and I usually try to use cards that don't get much love/usage in MP. I guess I could have just made an item that was super similar to the 3rd place item of the AA #13 voting contest and submitted that for the new contest like someone else did, but instead I took a weird monster I enjoy and tried to make an item for it even though I know the devs have issues with most of the cards he uses.

I'd rather take the partial gamble and pay tribute to a part of the game I really enjoy than play it safe and have a better chance of winning.

MALODOROUS MORVIN FOR PRESIDENT! If all the candidates stink, why not vote for the STINKIEST ONE!

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like it. I want more ranged attacks for warriors. And the horned headbutt shouldn't be too much of a stretch on the helmet since one helmet has two barges.
    Edit: ariston's only has one barge

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    cycosurgeon likes this.
  5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

What helmet has two barges?

6. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

Unfortunately there is no way flax would select an item that has swap. Ever since I played the geomancer league I have really wanted it on a user item, because it leads to really interesting movement decisions. Because of the possibilities it opens up though, it would probably require expansion-level playtesting to make sure it was not broken in certain teams.

Before I saw your comment I updated my entry to make a tokenless staff instead, but now I am really tempted to keep the original design even though it has a really low probability of being selected.

gulo gulo likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was going to comment myself that this contest seems to be a test of how many players can count to one.

Also:
    I'd like to add my own emphasis to the phrase "in-game", having seen a couple entries about chars from other sources.

seth arue likes this.
  8. Founder

Founder Hydra

I always wanted a staff which could drain the enemy of cards, for putting wizards into a support / frustration role.

I could make a staff based on the Mind Munchers - but it seemed a bit... eh. In the end I went for an arcane item, but I'm not convinced it's tight enough around the monster (though all three cards are memory based).

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Double bit axe has two monster cards. Just switch the battleaxe chop for a regular chop and you'll be good. @Aerendhil
    @hwango I love the synergy with this card, and I've been dying for mad dog ever since they released Festering Guts
    @Quanta Why two Trips? There's been some talk that negative traits are mostly bronze quality cards in disguise. For someone like me that runs an Arrogant Armor Lateral Thinking squad this item is extremely powerful. Blade Bouquet is super hard to get rid of. It has work arounds though. I like it as a tacit answer to cautious mobility step elves though.

10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

@Hidden Jaguar , your entry looks like the dryad trait I submitted for the Oyzola's contest once. I like it.

Hidden Jaguar likes this.
  11. Hidden Jaguar

Hidden Jaguar Lizardman Priest

@gulo gulo, thank you for your kind words. You see, I've made an identical submission for AA #3 and I've just resubmitted it with changed name ;)

gulo gulo likes this.
  12. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

@tolkien ah yes, you're right. I thought battleaxe chop was on a player item, my bad.
    But it looks more thematic this way, so I'll keep it as it is.
    thanks for the feedback though :)

tolkien likes this.
  13. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I like "Whip of the War Dog" better
    I always thought "Cowardly attack" should be on a player item as it favors positionnal tactic.
    And the same for "All Out Attack" : it's something that one has to set up in order to work, not trade blow for blow hoping to have more blocking cards than the opponent.

14. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Why not call this Mantis Mail so as to theme it around a particular monster?

15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks, I like your simple and elegant suggestion! :)

gulo gulo likes this.
  16. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

How about Mantis Carapce?

tolkien likes this.
  17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I love how @CT5 doesn't give a rip about rules. He's like "I'm a frikkin youtube sorceror who publicizes cardhunter more than anyone so I don't need rules." =)
    @Mama Mia you probably want to have another melee on that item for it to be legit (like Bite even though that's another monster card, it isn't anything we basically don't have access to already, and drop the boost card. Unless you're just screwing around and if so...I love it.

Mama Mia and Inkfingers like this.
  18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

If I could like your post more than once, I would, @tolkien. The mentality you are describing is exactly how I think AA should be approached.

tolkien and seth arue like this.
  19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I feel like i'm kinda off with the name. I dunno. The item itself seems pretty good, but not on OP-side in my opinion, but I'd ask y'all for opinions.

20. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Thanks for the feedback, haha.
    Healing Spirit is pretty tamed as far as screwing around is concerned. I really only have it cuz there's a caduceus on it. I'll give Bite some thought, thanks.