First Preview of Next Set: New Skill Cards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

To quote a post: Click +Quote which is at the bottom right of a post. Then when you start making a post click Insert Quotes which is at the bottom left of post making options.
    To partial quote someone: Select the part of post you want to quote(click and drag to do it). Then do the same things as above (the +Quote should be right under the selected area).

Potato Priest likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

4. visak13

visak13 Ogre

OMG! Does the last card imply that we will have the racial moves replaced by a random werewolf card?

Edit: that is, Lycanthropic Form

5. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

It says "when a card is drawn from the deck", but I think the racial move doesn't count as a deck card, hence why they're destroyed rather than discarded when used. Plus if it did work like that it would remove the benefit from using Elves/Humans over Dwarves which wouldn't really be fair.

visak13 likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, this. The Form cards don't affect racial Moves.

However, they can cause you to draw cool Move cards, like Mighty Charge, Swarm of Bats, or Prowl, depending on the Form...

visak13, Maniafig and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

A few questions:
    When you have Lycanthropic Form attached to your character, do card such as inspiration make you draw Werewolf cards?
    When drawing cards in your initial draw with Lycanthropic Form attached, do you discard the cards that you should have drawn or do they stay in your active deck of cards?
    Another question, when you have Lycanthropic Form attached to you and you play Inspiring Presence, and draw lets say a block for example, do you: replace that block with a Werewolf card, discard the block or just draw the Werewolf card without checking what card is next?

Scarponi likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, because they draw from your deck.

The draw is replaced, so the cards stay in your deck.

I *believe* the draw from Inspiring Presence is replaced by creating a Werewolf card. I do not know if the created card will be discarded if it's not an Attack. We need to test these interactions more :)

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Plural!

Are discarded Werewolf/etc cards destroyed, or do they go to the discard pile? Pathfinding will be interesting, since your deck will never empty...

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Created cards don't go to your discard pile right? I actually don't know :p I'll check...

EDIT: Yep, they're destroyed.

Also, looks like cards like Inspiring Presence or Pathfinding just create 1 card from the Form deck and then stop, and don't discard anything. So Elven Maneuvers will be realllllly strong on characters with Forms attached unless we change something :p

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What happens if you have more than one Form attached and try to draw a card? Genetic Engineering is capable of attaching all 3 at once.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can't have more than one Form attached. The preview blog images are a bit out of date; the Form cards all have the Form keyword which specifies that a new one knocks off any previously attached Form.

13. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Vampire's Kiss looks new. It will be fun to see players draw multiple kisses in a single round.

14. visak13 likes this.