Caverns of Chaos

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Oct 13, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Good god thats more gold than I have on the test server :eek:

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Managed to beat a level with Death Elementals with all characters alive due to a winning combination of:
    • The only other enemies on the level were Goblin Shamans, Servants, and Lord Stafford
    • I took out one of the elementals first turn with strong attacks and it not drawing NEB
    • I got a relatively closed map
    • My wizard had Blizzard Breath to finish off the second Elemental
    Also, does anyone know if the Werecake is a CoC boss? The Slicebeasts would probably make it impractical, but I'm still hopeful.

Maniafig likes this.
  3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I met several times the Werecake as CoC boss. It does not have slice monsters with it, it has 60 hp, it uses Frosting Cannon, Frosting Storm (without checking if it hits ennemies) and Icy Block
    20160420210222_1.jpg 20160421192046_1.jpg 20160422170805_1.jpg 20160425170536_1.jpg
    And, yeah, I play too much.

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Lichard as a Lieutenant seems a bit too easy, unless they changed his cards to make him less suicidal and/or he rearranges Grendel directly on top of you. You have any info on him?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, he's definitely an easy bone thrown the players' way. He self-destructs round one quite often.

6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

While facing Tombstones in CoC, I noticed that they didn't seem to have Toughness. Can you confirm or deny that, or was I just getting really lucky with their draws?

7. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

I ran into a group of Tombstones a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure I saw a Toughness.

The end result of one of those runs:

And another :eek:

8. Since I finally got a club membership, I decided to tackle CoC again. Forgot to screenshot, but on the 10th level, I got Melvelous with the charge mutant and some yellow slimes and trees. I had the Argy blob guy, the vampire and the cold mage. Easy crown, though a bit anti-climatic.

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Should Assassins come in groups of 3? They might have a low HP pool but they take a very long time to take out with characters who don't have untargeted attacks, which happens to be the majority of characters. To hit them you need to make sure they don't have Here For The Job, aren't in a facing or position to just Uncanny Dodge away and make sure you don't leave yourself exposed for another Assassin's Backstab if you do attack. With 3 cards per turn and 3 Assassins to Scamper their way around your characters they're overbearingly hard to deal with for most characters on most maps.

I think just groups of 2 Assassins should be enough to pose a threat.

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have some more tweaks I want to make to CoC but I'm not sure how soon I'll get to them. I'm going to remove the Death Elementals.

11. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Vholes, PDXTai, trrst and 3 others like this.
  12. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Good!

If you aren't lucky enough to have a suitable deck, there's just no counter-play for those guys. You can't hide from them. You can't damage them. You can't do anything except die...

It is possible to kill them of course, by making sure you get first move just when their trait is about to expire... but that's the kind of luxury that you are unlikely to have until you've killed off all the other enemies!

No heals, no purge: no chance. :(

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  13. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Rolling, rolling, rolling... :D?

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

The whole time I was hoping you draw pickpocket.

visak13 likes this.
  15. Well, just after see your team I knew yoou will lose badly. Technically wasn't impossible to win but really close to that. Only way was to keep the rad priest, draw jump back and use his only sundering strike to deal with the boulder. But come on, was technically impossible to run all the game, he draw a lot of movement.

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'm hoping the Boulder is being changed to the regular, non-Hard Mode version is one of the tweaks, multiple charges per turn and Immovable is pretty crazy, at that point it's less a game of staying away from the Boulder and more an inevitable demise.

Does anyone know exactly which mobs can be bosses and lieutenants?

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I got 200 points of retribution for you:

Retribution.jpg

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Duck? I hope you also had a Sundering Strike!

19. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I keep thinking that it might have been possible with something from the Radioactive Spray. But the random cards created from that have to be attachables, right? So no Demonic Revenge or Fumble? Can Dreadfully Ill damage the boulder?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  20. hello world

hello world Hydra

supertitious works, sorta, it still draws it back next turn.

ParodyKnaveBob and karadoc like this.