CARDHUNTRIAN BOXING TOURNAMENT!!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Janet, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

THE CARDHUNTER BOXING TOURNAMENT

You’ve heard it folks, boxing is coming to cardhuntria! And thanks to the cooking skills of Jon and Flaxative there is pizza in this for you to win…that is, if you don’t get K.O.ed!

So, do you have what it takes to become a boxing champion? Here is what you have to do:

1) Sign up to the tournament by typing “I have what it takes!!” below before October 5.

2) A draft will take place and you will be assigned an opponent! Don’t get KOed by him and advance to the next stage on the custom-made boxing map.

3) Reach the finals to win pizza and ever-lasting glory!

[​IMG]

RULES:A. there is a 24 player limit to this tournament, first come first served.
    B. There is also a max 4 player per guild limit, with the exception of Sorcerors (they have 5 times more players than other guilds), no signing out of guilds to avoid this I will be checking!
    C. Banned Cards: flashflood (more cards may be added to the ban list as tournament progresses)
    D. You will have 10 days to play your matches, if you fail to do so within this limit a winner will be drawn at random and will pass the turn with a malus (=a player with a malus will have to win two consecutive draws against a player who does not have a malus if it becomes necessary to advance that player by draw a second time NOTE: this is not ideal, if you enlist, you should be willing to play the games!). If you can prove that you have tried to arrange suitable time to play a match with your opponent who does not turn up twice, or that he has been online and refused to play multiple times, he/she may be banned at the judges discretion.
    E. Remember to record video of the match, for proof of your victory and for record-keeping in the cardhuntrian annals!
    F. When the 24 cap is reched 2 more players can enlist as reserves (they will take the place of a player who has a malus and is not tunring up for his second game either).
    G. Prizes will be $10 pizza code for first place, 2 epic chests for 2nd place, and 1 epic chest for semifinalists.
    H. You will be duelling on this map, If you think there are any cards that would be borken here, let me know and I will consider if they should be added to ban list.
    I. I'd love to take part in this, but I am going to have to self-ban myself for maintaining impartiality :(. I will enroll as a reserve though.
    [​IMG]

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I have what it takes!!

Some questions:
    • So is this 1 character vs. 1 character?
    • Single elimination tournament, with best of X matches? (I would much more prefer Swiss-system, but I guess [single] elimination is more thematic for boxing.)
    • If it's best of X matches, are we allowed sideboard items or even change our character between matches?
    • Are we allowed to change our character between rounds / opponents?
    • Is there a special round timer and/or VP target?
    Thanks for running this tournament! :)

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just posting here to confirm that the devs are sanctioning this event.

Dark Brightness and 40c_rudy like this.
  4. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

I have what it takes!!

Dark Brightness likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I have what it takes!!
    (timeracers)

Edit: I don't have video recording either.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. I have what it takes!*
    (Designer's Den) (Don't tell Kalin I'm doing MP)

Also, if video recording is a must, count me out. I don't know how to do that and don't have time to learn.
    *I probably don't.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  7. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Welcome to the frey!

@Pawndawan
    1) Yes 1vs1; 2) Based on number of players I will decide whether to go for straight elimination or another format; 3) Players can agree that before the game, depending on time they have, I would encourage the 3 games in which case you can change around builds and characters, but players can also do only 1 if they do not have the time; 4) timer: the usual; vp are for both players, I just gave them different colours for making it more boxing like: 5) if anyone feels like running some tests on the map would be I woul be delighted.

@Potato Priest @timeracers screen recording is easy and nothing to learn, download a free recording tool like Screen Recorder, click record button, send me the file and I will edit it.

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I have what it takes!!

But I'd rather not play a 40-minute game on this map :eek:

Dark Brightness and timeracers like this.
  9. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

You can agree a different time with your opponent

Dark Brightness and Lord Feleran like this.
  10. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I have what it takes !!!

But also player from no guild can join this meta game ? im from no guild...

11. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

(ultimatetoken)(ultimatetoken) I have what it takes! (ultimatetoken)(ultimatetoken)

12. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Of course you can! The guild-cap limit is only to avoid the usual suspects from snatching up all the places! :)

7 players so far, 17 spots left :)

13. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I have what it takes!!
    and then some!

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Can't say "I have what it takes", that would be the stomach to run a dwarf vamp. But I will cook something up and have some fun with that as long as it lasts.
    (i suggest to ban blind rage for starters)
    Can both players just agree on a witness that forwards you the result?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have what it takes!!

16. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

I have what it takes!!

About the recording part though,if you link for a free recorder or something maybe I will participate,but I can't promise anything because my laptop is really bad one...

17. visak13

visak13 Ogre

I like the idea but have no taste for pizza unless I officially buy in-game which I can't until a few more months but for all the guys with video recording problem here's an easy to use screen recorder:

https://www.bandicam.com/free-screen-recorder/

P.S.: Use the full screen mode with a low FPS if you lack graphics card.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If you don't want to use the pizza code you win, you can give it to a friend. :)

19. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I have what it takes!!
    I hope :confused:

Edit: I don't have video recording either.

20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Question: If one of the two players record the video, is that enough - or do you want both player's footage?

Gast86 and Dark Brightness like this.