Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Man thanks for this

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

You know what? I think you're right; all the cards in that one can be found in acid fiends arsenal and in staves. (Acid Pool excluding)

The upcoming trait also benefits more of that version ;)

Since Lava Pool is only on a robe, the maximum you can get is three. I'm worried that with my staff maximum number of Acid Pools a team can have is six.

When it comes to AA qualifications, at least the design ticks all the boxes :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Any Thoughts on my Guztuks Giant Gutter? For more Flavor I would have loved to add Blind Rage or Raging Strike (instead of one clumsy chop), but I think the item then would be too strong / too weak.

1. HaesslicherBob

2. GuztukĀ“s Giant Gutter

3. Weapon (Lvlv 15,5 (majortoken)(minortoken), epic) (Monster: Guztuk, Goblin King)

4. Unstoppable Chop Massive Chop Massive Chop Strong Chop Clumsy Chop Clumsy Chop

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Last years halloween competition had an uproar, because Tasty, Tasty Staff was one of the winners. I don't think Flaxative wants to take any risks that happening again. Your weapon has basically three cards that are not on any weapons; I'd change Massive Chops into something else, if you want your weapon to have better chances to win.

For example:

Rarity: Rare
    Item Level: 17
    Power Tokens: (majortoken)(minortoken)

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@j3st3ri Massive Chop is on a weapon already.
    @haesslicherBob Did you consider adding Fumble instead of a clumsy chop? The goblin king has it in his deck.

6. haesslicherBob

Thx for the feedback.
    Hmm, do you mean the fact that Tasty,Tasty Staff is legendary? My item would be epic and I think epics are added at a regular basis at AA, right? As Tolkien said, Massive Chop is on a weopon already.

@tolkien Fumble would fit the theme, but usually Fumble makes an item unplayable. So I am a bit reluctant to add it. It would definately make the item weaker. Do you think it is too strong?

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

What weapon are you two talking about? I only know one divine weapon (Giant Skeletal Arm) that has a Massive Chop. And divine weapon is not a weapon, when it comes to warriors.

Also what I mean with Tasty, Tasty Staff is the fact that the Staff had multiple new cards instead of one. Just like yours.

8. haesslicherBob

Ahh now I got what you mean.
    Technically you are absolutely right. In my mind Giant Skeletal Arm was indeed a weapon...

Maybe I should ask @Flaxative about it. Or he can post here if Massive Chop counts as a monster card on a weapon or if massive chop can be paired with unstoppable chop?

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

While it's true that Massive Chop is currently only on Divine Items, nothing about the card itself suggests it has no place on a Warrior's weapon, having no holy/unholy/radiation theming. There's no reason to count it as a monster card unlike the cards used with Tasty, Tasty Staff which were exclusively used by monsters and not itemized at all outside of AA-winners, Massive Chop is simply poorly itemized but itemized nonetheless.

It's also worth noting that Whammo's Battleaxe of the Berserker with a Massive and Unstoppable Chop has made it to a community poll in last year's AA, meaning it was shortlisted by Flax and we can assume it doesn't break AA rules. http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/poll-alozyos-arsenal-october-community-choice.8236/#post-102410

timeracers likes this.
  10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So I'm trying to decide between the following:
    Assassin's Shiv
    [​IMG]

Kryppt's Cursed Cloak
    Divine Armor
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Whip of the War Dog

Chief Thief Knife

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I want horned headbutt to make it on a helmet so I suggest taking off demonic miasma and replacing it with something like Spiked Mail or Horned Plates. I know it fits the Morvin theme but not the slot. You're welcome to try though. We do have arcane feedback on boots. How about "Mask of the Malodorous Minotaur"?

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I wonder when will people get it.

ONE CARD MEANS ONE CARD ON THE ENTIRE ITEM. NOT THREE OF THE SAME ONE CARD.

hope I wasn't too loud but it kinda makes my OCD go crazy seeing people submit 1 monster card 3 times on one item.

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

If you didn't tell people (like me), you'd have less entries to fight against; however, I've modified my entry to fit the qualifications. ;)
    Good luck.

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

If only I cared about winning all that much. All I want is a bigger selection of items to pick between.

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I don't believe there is a poll choice this month. That's happened, what, twice in fourteen contests?
    The less players pick the winning items, the better.

16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I just want to give people a chance, 's all

17. @haesslicherBob I think is better to try to post something playable than something to just win the AA. If the item lose almost was something good.

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

'Tis noble of you. Good fortunes on your path.

19. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Actually one card doesn't necessarily mean one copy of that card in the entire item. It could easily mean that the item should contain only one specific monster card. The restriction isn't very clear imo, so maybe Flax needs to clarify this.

20. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

He did earlier, in game; he stated one total card. Hence why my staff does not look as pretty as it used to (symmetry destroyed! wah-wah. :(:(:(:()

40c_rudy likes this.