moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Something I think most of us can forget is that there's a Community Hub for CH on Steam, and Flax actually hinted at some potential new builds that will be more playable in the upcoming expansion a while ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/293260/discussions/0/350540973995183347/#c350540974010559504

"All I will say is we have some cool new archetypes coming in the next expansion. I've already revealed elsewhere that acid wizards are getting more support.

Here's a couple other things...
    * debuff-melee priests
    * elf wizards
    * defensive mobility warriors"

Elf Wizards? Madness I say!

visak13, SceoMyntan, CT5 and 5 others like this.
  2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Complete Madness confirmed!

wereviper, CT5 and Maniafig like this.
  3. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Madness? I'd go so far to call it lunacy!

4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I'm excited for the priests personally as I've been running a fairly successful 2 human and 1 elf priest team for heals and melee though right now I lack any armor removal amongst them at least I have a chance to gain penetrating

5. So far 10 of the 35 new cards are accounted for as skills. (3 racial skills, one unknown elf skill, 3 class skills, 3 unknown class skills) The others, well, we could still get our Acid Jet! to go with the leak.

Yes, I am counting cards.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Flaxative likes this.
  6. hello world

hello world Hydra

Noooo,antimagic skill is dwarf only, my human vampire team would love having it. At least it will stop these 11 damage nimble strikes from wrecking them so much.

7. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Wait, I got the title.

elf-trait.jpg true-hex-of-dissolution.jpg

There's a hammer and a (well hidden, but nothing escape my keen eye and masterful use of paint) sickle... Communist Manifesto.

Non-Dwarves of all Cardhuntria, unite!

8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Also, every RACE and every CLASS got a card revealed! And Flax's av is a card that changes EVERYONE into monsters!

it all makes sense now

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm seriously impressed!

10. boro

boro Goblin Champion

wow I thought the EXACT same thing ! (minus the hidden sickle)
    some other hints:
    The first words are salutations, card hunters ! , which sounds like salute, fellow comrades and similar communist sayings.
    The tumbnail image of the 3rd birthday announcement shows Gary posing like a dictator giving a speech.

11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

There's gonna be a card that says "All squares adjacent to squares with acide terrain gets accid terrain."

12. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Blooming Acid? This would make Acid Pool very wrong, comrade >.>

13. I foresee a new role for the Charismatic Wall Breakers in the future...
    Mr. Flaxative, tear down this wall!

14. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Wow! Totally unrelated and "wild".

15. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

There will be more powerful vampire weapons for priest. Some of them will include Swarm of Bats. All of the most powerful vampire weapons will include creature of the Night (or maybe some other card that makes you vulnerable to silver.)

One of the new cards will be "Adapted to Silver".

The card in Flax's avatar will attach "Creature of the Night" to all characters.

16. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

There's a new class called Vampire. All priest items with vampire attacks becomes Vampire items instead.

wereviper likes this.
  17. hello world

hello world Hydra

Oh, ancient grudge.
    robe of lightness and runestone just became the next wizard meta.

18. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Not totally unrelated...
    Or elves with Pathfinding or Elven Maneuvers. Those things can churn through cards pretty quickly. (Well, not so much maneuvers after the nerf.)

I'm not sure I like the idea of ancient grudge. I'm kind of hoping it's not a player card... ... but I don't know. Maybe it'll be cool and interesting. I'm just feeling a bit uneasy about a single card that changes something from being completely irrelevant to being so important that a game could hinge on it. (ie. the size of the discard pile.)

Potato Priest likes this.
  19. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

I don't know, I think it's kind of cool. Opens up some new design space when you bring in something that used to be irrelevant and make it useful for something.

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Guys, are you serious?
    No card should be able to deal ~15? damage on average with no buffs from range 4 in ranked MP. Let alone a bronze one. It will be a monster card in a league most likely.

timeracers likes this.