King of the Jungle

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by adajon, Sep 15, 2016.

1. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

King of the Jungle
    By adajon

Just a simple 'survive against waves of enemies' scenario; the spiders respawn every round, and you don't get any points for killing them.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Solid, challenging play. It was hard to see it as not being random, though. I like the concept, and it was fun. I wish there was some way to bring more tactics into it, but that's an issue with the game, not with the map.

adajon likes this.
  3. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Thanks for the feedback! I'd agree with you , the gameplay is definitely very random; a game can be lost or won depending on the type of random handicap card created from a rad bite. For example, gaining a Massive Chop can help greatly, whereas a Vulnerable... well, you get the idea. I guess the way to avoid this random element is just to try and kill the spiders before they have a chance to attack you (easier said than done!).

4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Never played with the Hydra before, definitely a good pick for this map since its Four-Headed Bite and Fire Breath can get through a Hear Them Out and its Shrug It Off can come in handy as well while its size means Spiders can gang up on you even if you hide in a corner. Definitely a more luck-based map, but that's a given with Radioactive Spiders and the randomness can be funny when your Hydra is suddenly Laser Spraying or opening a present. :p

adajon likes this.
  5. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

I like the big monster vs puny critters concept, though honestly this map feels a bit too random. Putting it first on MM#20 was definetly the right decision, personally I died 3 times in a row. Getting Walpurgis Night from a spider's bite was hilarious... until my giant zombie was swarmed by werewolves and vampires.

timeracers and adajon like this.