First Preview of Next Set: New Skill Cards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Sep 18, 2016.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Unless I can get more than one copy of Vanguard per character, I'm not seeing much that's appealing so far; acid is not exciting unless it somehow gains the ability to become impervious to flight, or gains a burst attack. {EDIT} Even more so with the Nimble Nibbler apparently going to place in the poll and be added to the game.{/EDIT} But I will digress until all the cards are revealed.

Also, if your two allies are equidistant from the vanguard-ing teammate, do they both move one?

I'll go back into my niche corner now. Thanks.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can get 2-3 copies of all these cards I think. Not spoiling items fully yet but there's some really cool stuff.

Ties are broken in party order, left to right, like with Help the Weak and so on.

Maniafig likes this.
  3. Holy Underwater Underwear Batman!

Acid mages got mentioned in the update with Acid Leak! There is a sliver of hope now that they will get some decent items with acid jet and maybe another card!

Color me shocked and impressed!

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What if it gave a duration 1 attachment with the same effect as Shimmering Aura? Otherwise you could fill your hand with cards, and even keep a few till next round.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We can always play what ifs :) we are really happy about all these designs and unless there are any big issues in playtesting we are going to keep them!

6. hello world

hello world Hydra

Free unreliable seems pretty decent to me.
    What's the issue?

7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

The issue is that we have somehow figured out the whole expansion with only "seeing" 6/35 cards and 2/250 items that might get tweaked by further playtest.

CT5 likes this.
  8. visak13

visak13 Ogre

With the current set of cards, Unreliable block is a free draw replaceable by human commands. Me likes itsssss!

Edit: and if it blocks then hurrah!

9. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

of the 6 cards I've seen, I'm not excited for dwarf and wizard exclusive cards only.

everything else just makes me hype

10. Do we know if the new expansion is for this year or next year yet?

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This year.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  12. Technically, 6.5/35 cards revealed . DonĀ“t forget Flax avatar

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Lucky Dice likes this.
  14. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

It thought that it was just new items, but apparently there are new levels too? With monsters like werewolves based on the cards?

Edit: Whoops, Rohndil said basically the same thing in another thread, guess I should have checked first

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Likely just new league(s) as someone pointed out.

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Flax has said in chat there's going to be no new leagues and most likely no new leagues coming out, the only new content is new items and cards and all cards are player cards, pending balance testing on the test server when that happens.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To clarify I actually didn't say anything about whether or not there would be leagues. Just that all the new cards appear on player items.

18. Seems spooky themed so may mean it will be released around Oct 31st.

19. The pressing question (for me anyways) is not whether there will be leagues, but whether there will be levels. It would be torture to put me through all this awesome buildup without a few levels.

Edit: I love the Baron of Shieldhaven's Jorvana and Yuric impersonation

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  20. hello world

hello world Hydra

If there are leagues but no levels, what about putting all the new League characters in the editor so players can make custom adventures based on them?