First Preview of Next Set: New Skill Cards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone! As we wrap up our exuberant birthday weekend, there's more fun stuff on the horizon: a whole new set of items and cards, in fact, and it's coming soon!

Here's a first preview of some of the new toys coming to Cardhuntria in the next set:

http://www.cardhunter.com/2016/09/coming-soon-new-skills/

What are you most excited for?

Personally, I can't wait to play triple human wizards with Vanguard!!

2. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Oh hey, elves and humans become playable again. Now maybe I can stop pretending that I like playing dwarves.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  3. I am by far the most excited about vanguard. Approximately 60% of the time move one is all you really need, and being able to get it for free out of turn order is great. In contrast to Pyrious, I will probably start running Dwarves just for the anti-magic skin. All in all, I think that the new cards will be interesting to see in play. I eagerly await getting my hands on this stuff.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Flaxative likes this.
  4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

250 new items? I can't wait.

Tine to start hoarding those chests.

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  5. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

Vanguard also makes flanking maneuver into a quick step for another character

vitreo84, karadoc, CT5 and 8 others like this.
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Oh yes, the army of Unreliable Blocks, here I come!!

vitreo84, CT5, Flaxative and 4 others like this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'm most excited for a plethora of new traits, that will definitely make many SP adventures feel more refreshing to play for the umpteenth time.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Balor

Balor Lizardman Priest

The card in your profile pic.

9. hello world

hello world Hydra

I was super excited to put antimagic skin in my human vampire team, but it is dwarf only :(

10. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Vanguard looks just perfect for Humans, they've always needed a lower-quality trait and it makes perfect thematic sense for humans. Sounds like it'll work on step attacks too, so this definitely gives more of a niche to Human Wizards as well as Warriors. It's even non-rare, so I'm expecting that this card will appear on some uncommon or even common items, which would be good for people playing SP who use humans, I know I'd have appreciated it! Plus I love the card art, it reminds me of a certain face.

[​IMG]

Antimagic Skin looks interesting as well, a pretty reliable armor roll and a reliable effect. Seems like it rewards play without reliance on attachments and punishes attachment spamming.

Fleet could be used to make pretty much any Elf better, I could see it on a Wizard to let them get out of perilous situations and survive better against fellow wizards since Fleet works against terrain, cone, burst, linear and damage over time. I imagine Elf Priests would appreciate the added mobility too while Elf Warriors see their Dancing Cuts turn come a tad closer to being Nimble Strikes by overriding difficult terrain and area of control. Also a very good card in some modules I'm betting!

Looks like the hidden card is a set of forging tools? Either that or tools used to appraise precious bars of gold, so I'm leaning towards there being a forging theme or the much-anticipated Jeweler sneaking into the game.

Wind Dancer finally puts Warriors on the map when it comes to interesting traits. All other traits for them have been frankly boring and generally their added effects are more incidental than the cornerstone of builds as far as I can see, but the obvious interaction between step attacks and Wind Dancer is too good to pass up, I'm looking forwards to putting this one in my deck, even if I imagine I'll be paying a token to get more than one.

Acid Leak seems interesting, sort of like an acid-themed Roulette. Definitely part of some greater plot for Acid cards, which I'm curious to see. Here's hoping the CoC Acid Geisha won't be Cardhuntria's only Acid Wizard any longer.

Nice to see another Priest Trait dipping into the idea that Priests aren't all holy and benevolent, so far it's just NEB to do so. I was hoping that Radiation and Laser would get some love, but while it doesn't seem that Laser will be getting any, at least this is sort of like a Radiation Trait. Also a nice inversion of the Holy Presence card, I'm curious to see whether less priests will stick to the backline and more will be fighting in the frontlines with this Trait.

And none of these three are Rare! Here's hoping they might make campaign more fun for new players with more interesting low level traits! I'm definitely curious to see what'll be unveiled next!

CT5, adajon, Flaxative and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Will antimagic skin remove cards before or after the attack adds cards?

12. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

All of the new skills look good except "Wind Dancer"
    Unreliable Block is a completely useless card (block on a 6 ...)
    A silver quality trait should give some slightly better chance to block.
    it should be a standard "Block" at least.
    Pushback Parry sounds more thematic as well.
    or make it a random paper quality block ?

I especially like "Fleet" and " Blight"

13. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Interesting that Caltrops is mentioned...will it be available to us I wonder?

Edit: The teaser seems to be Blacksmith tools, so could an Elf forge/destroy Caltrops?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I wonder if AA#14 restriction will have something to do with the new cards...

15. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I don't understand the cards theme. Why does it give a block card? One would think that every move should get Fly when it comes to the artwork.

Also Skip would fit nicely, but it's only an elf card.

Aerendhil likes this.
  16. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

About expansion name : I suppose it's the sigil of Aloyzo ? and we have a hammer and pince symbol for new cards.... so :
    Aloyzo's resurgence ?
    Crafting Madness ?

17. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

but that would create an infinite loop (move card creates a move card)

j3st3ri likes this.
  18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Oh yeah, that's true. didn't think of it :oops:

19. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

wow, great teaser, imo these cards are the kind of shake CH has been looking for, I'm really excited by the prospect of it adding variety to the gameplay both in sp and mp. The waiting part is just going to suck :p

I think Acid Leak has me most intrigued.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

AA#14 will be Halloween themed.

The idea is that you move in such a way as to become harder to hit. Think a weaker version of Pokemon's Double Team :)

j3st3ri likes this.