Aloyzo's Arsenal #13 - Community Choice Poll!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Sep 12, 2016.

?

Which player-made item should be added to the game?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2016.
  1. Ninetynine Knives

27 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 3-Stage Rocket Boots

39 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. Purificator

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Vanity Mirror

37 vote(s)
    45.7%
  5. Oxha's Sparkpinger

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
  6. Syringe of Chemotherapy

15 vote(s)
    18.5%
  7. Classy Cane-Sword

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  8. Near Depleted Shard

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. Death's Embrace

21 vote(s)
    25.9%
  10. Nimble Nibbler

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. No comparation, But for real, I'm a player that try to adapt and not complain. But the item will stuck the meta of the game, is easy to see it. Will be fun at the beginning, but I'm sure that people will hate it later.

There are more things I can add, but hey! the point of the thread is voting, and don't want to start an offtopic now.

Also, of course Flax is ok with it, he is secretly a member of the nimble strike cult, and a vamp lover ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    timeracers, 40c_rudy and Flaxative like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's possible that I have advanced knowledge of upcoming changes in the environment, and have reason to believe Nimble Nibbler will be harmless based on that knowledge. Alternatively, I can't do my job. ;)

3. hello world

hello world Hydra

I think I wil switch and vote for nibbler, it might be interesting if armors that require a token and aren't named cuirass of froth become a little less terrible.

4. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

It was not my intention to sound like i am complaining or anything, i hope @Flaxative didn't perceive it that way. Since i am not playing multiplayer that much (if any at all), i won't mind even if that item made it into the game, since it won't affect me the slightest. I just didn't expect to see such a strong item in the shortlist, that's all i wanted to say.

Force.ofWill likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's fine - I was being a bit facetious but I did not take any comments on the shortlist in this thread as personal attacks, even when they did look like complaints (which yours didn't).

I try to approach all this stuff with a sense of humor; I hope that's ok! :)

CT5, Force.ofWill and 40c_rudy like this.
  6. We Believe in you. I hope this is one of those tricks you like to do :oops:

I solemnly swear that I am up to good

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

i'm sad my button masher was unnoticed

I voted Sparkpinger, Syringe and Cane-Sword. Sparkpinger because ELECTRIC WIZARDS ARE UNDERUSED, Syringe only adds 1 Gene Therapy to the available max (2 Syringes, 2 Anti-Radiation Hypo = 8 compared to current 7 max) and Cane-sword because it's the slickest theme in my eyes and I happen to love the theme.

Mama Mia likes this.
  8. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

Any changes that would make Nimble Nibbler "harmless" must be pretty big, so I am excited. Its actually pretty hard to imagine how that is possible given that priests have access to armor removal, attachment removal, and terrain removal.

Maybe armor that blocks all damage from attacks with base attack <= 5, but does not do anything against other attacks. This would block a majority of vamp attacks, but would not be removed with sundering.

9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Oh right, so Nimble Strike will be step 1 right?

10. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Step 1, Fly. It's an important distinction.

11. Of course Nimble Nibbler made the list since Flax loves Vamps! *rolls eyes*

Voted for "3 Stage Rockets" since it should have won the first contest I saw it entered for and lost to some lame card, plus Charge builds needed more help than annoying vamp builds.

Voted for "Vanity Mirror" since reflect items need love.

Voted for "Syringe of Chemotherapy " since it is more interesting than the other generic "almost like another item but a bit better for my build" items left on the list and really don't help any of the unloved or unused builds.

Pyrious likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Haha. If you go back and look at past AA contests I've consistently called out Scarponi's design as quality, and I stand by that! :)

No card or item changes planned in the expansion ATM, just new stuff.

Inkfingers likes this.
  13. hello world

hello world Hydra

So a new block that discard all 4 or lower damage attacks from the opponent? Probably will be overcosted like a 3+ emerald however.

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I don't care if Nimble Nibbler gets chosen or not, because I don't care about multiplayer.

What I do care is that Ninetynine Knives won't get chosen. There's already Boxton's Razorstaff.

This is the only reason why I'm voting Nimble Nibbler.

[​IMG]

Reint likes this.
  15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Ninetynine Knives is the only legendary item on that shortlist and BM hasn't promised that all winning items will be guaranteed drops from MM #20.

This is the only reason why I'm not voting Ninetynine Knives.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

My top choices for this are 3 stage rocket boots - provides an accessible set of boots for those wanting to put charge into their built. It is probably beaten by Boots Of Etzicatl(Legendary) and but slightly superior to Tochtli Boots (Epic), albeit for a major token compared to minor token for the current brutal charge boots.

Vanity mirror is also a good pick; I have used Gunward shield for some leagues and this is a more focused item with a trait

Not a fan of the nimble nibbler - the only one that would push a lot of people to change their builds imho - can't believe that would works out as two minor tokens either!

17. Other than the 3 I voted for, Here are some of the rejects that I would have liked to see made the poll. Since they make good use of rejected cards that no one uses or has super bad itemization or would make a unloved build concept a bit better.

gulo gulo
    ZAP
    A level three token-less epic staff:

Would be good for a melee mage build since zap is their spear attack!

================================================

1. MathuranF
    2. Mosaic Skipping Rope
    3. Staff

Linear cards don't get much love and the concept for the item is pretty genius. Plus any item that has acid jet is good in my book!

inalCheetah

Unstable Isotope

Divine Weapon (Level 17 (majortoken)(minortoken) Epic)

Destructive Purge is kind of cool, but not many uses of it at this time. Cool rad cannon item. It's pretty sad that rad cannons get more items and gear than Acid mages!

===============================================

Fanturluche
    Deep Reflection
    Human skill (majortoken)

Reflect Missile card and Forward Thinking, cards that don't get much love. Good theme and gives Human mages an almost answer to Dwarf Toughness.

1. 40c_rudy
    2. The Triplets
    [​IMG]
    3. Staff (lvl 13, epic, (minortoken)(minortoken))
    4. Jim's Magic Missile x2, Spreading Laser x2, Jumpspark x2

Great theme, and in my opinion great cards on it. Something I would be glad to get in a loot chest since I have use a spread fire mage and a jump spark mage sometimes!

==================================================

gulo gulo likes this.
  18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I actually made it, thinking it might be helpful for campaign players, especially if trying to complete lower-level adventures where tokens are few and far between. That being said, 25 big zaps on a wizard (then 3x that), well, that just sounds transplendent.

Also, you could have a big zap league....consider it the whack-a-mole/skeeball of Cardhuntria.

BlackVoidDeath and cycosurgeon like this.
  19. It's a good MP item in my book too since I have a couple melee mages and big zap fits the build's theme pretty good since I doubt there will be many more staves with good bashes on them.

Plus you are right it would be cool for low levels fighting armored golems or shield spamming kobolds in the campaign!

I still think the name needs some love! :p

20. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

At least someone got it. zap in big letters.