Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Rewind
    Magic Arcane, Utility?
    Play Effect: 'Target character is placed in the position they were in at the start of the round, and their health is set to what it was at the start of the round. May self target.'

uhlik and WexMajor like this.
  2. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

Yep, exactly. It only cancels the potential damage. The terrain attachment is still staying there. Maybe a human/dwarf/elf skill and boots can have that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Magma Flow
    Magic Fire Attack, Gold Quality
    Play Effect: 'Target square becomes Flowing Magma Terrain (Stop; at the start of each round, occupant takes 5 Fire damage; at the start of each round, each adjacent square that is not Flowing Magma Terrain becomes Flowing Magma Terrain, Duration 2). Duration 2.
    Flavour Text: 'The magma surged towards us, consuming all in its path in a tide of unstoppable fiery destruction.'

4. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Hidden Cards
    Boost, Gold Quality
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself, Duration 3. Your opponent cannot see how many cards you have in your hand or what any of those cards are.'

5. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Disable Gravity
    Assist, Silver Quality
    Play Effect: 'Attach 'Hover' to all characters.'

WexMajor likes this.
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Facepalm. This would be almost useless because you can keep track of the cards they draw and discard, and cards previously revealed must still be in hand.

7. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Yes, you can still keep track of their hand, this card just makes it significantly harder to do so.

8. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

This is my feedback for the Hidden Cards card idea. (WARNING: Wall of text inside spoiler)
    It would not be that much harder to keep track of your opponent's hand. Most ways of drawing or discarding cards always draws or discards a certain amount (Inspirational Thinking) or will continue until a certain amount (End of round discarding). There are a few cards that can make it hard to keep track (They can draw or discard cards from 0 to X):
    -Elven Maneuvers (0-1 cards). -Inspirational Thinking (0-1 cards). -Pathfinding (0-2 cards, but mostly likely 2 considering it goes until your deck is empty)
    -Boiling Armor (0 to your entire hand). -Counterspell's Offensive Effect (0-2 cards)
    -Forgetfulness (0-2 cards). -War Cry (0 to your entire hand)
    -Dissolve Armor (0-1 cards, but multiple armor cards can reveal that you discarded 1 card)
    -Melt Armor (0-1 cards, but multiple armor cards can reveal that you discarded 1 card) -Mind Leak (0-1 cards every time you take damage). -Acid Terrain (0 to your entire hand)
    -Sundering Strike (0 to entire hand, armor cards not discarded by this would be shown to the opponent)
    (Cards in italics discard instead of draw)
    There might be a few cards I am missing (I am only including player cards). Out of these cards, only three would benefit you as well as possibly confusing the opponent (Playing any of the cards in italics against yourself would not be worth it). If you did confuse your opponent, would would have to beware some specific cards so to keep your opponent from understanding your hand better:
    -Punishing Bolt. -Punishing Strike. -Touch of Death. -Purge's effect. -Ouch!. -Brain Burn
    -End of Round Blind Rage.
    -Taking damage while Raging Strike is in hand. -End of Round
    -Getting 3 new cards attached to you
    (Anything in italics would be stuff coming from your own hand (or radiation cards (both monster and player cards)). Anything in Bold would immediately end the overall effect).
    I could be missing a few things from this list too. The most major problem with this card is the battle log. Since the battle log shows when any character draws or discards cards and shows every action in the match, it would seem strange for it to not show one character drawing or discarding cards. This card would at least render "Scouting Run" "Elvish Insight" and "Obvious Maneuvers" useless against that character.
    My recommendation: Change the effect to "Trait. Whenever a card in your hand would be revealed, but not discarded, by enemy cards or from an effect from your hand, hide it and shuffle the cards in your hand after the effect triggers" and lower it's rating down to bronze. (This would still be a bad card, but it would not cause much problems with the battle log).

Side Note: For your Magma Flow card: There should not be a card that can (eventually) flood the board with terrain that basically ends up replacing itself (If it is not removed at the end of the round, a few cards could still remove it. After a second, it would take 4 cards (They cover a 3x3 area). At this point, both sides would have to work together to control this.
    My recommendation: Increase the damage to at least 8 and change it's end of round effect to "At the end of the round, adjacent squares become lava terrain (at the end of the round, occupant takes 8 fire damage, duration 2) if this card was played within the last turn".
    Your Disable Gravity card is good, though it might be a bit weak for silver quality.
    /SPOILER]Sorry for the wall of text, this is my overall feedback for Hidden Cards card idea.
    It would not be that much harder. Most ways of drawing or discarding cards always draws or discards a certain amount (Inspirational Thinking) or will continue until a certain amount (End of round discarding). There are a few cards that can make it hard to keep track (They can draw or discard cards from 0 to X):
    -Elven Maneuvers (0-1 cards). -Inspirational Thinking (0-1 cards). -Pathfinding (0-2 cards, but mostly likely 2 considering it goes until your deck is empty)
    -Boiling Armor (0 to your entire hand). -Counterspell's Offensive Effect (0-2 cards)
    -Forgetfulness (0-2 cards). -War Cry (0 to your entire hand)
    -Dissolve Armor (0-1 cards, but multiple armor cards can reveal that you discarded 1 card)
    -Melt Armor (0-1 cards, but multiple armor cards can reveal that you discarded 1 card) -Mind Leak (0-1 cards every time you take damage). -Acid Terrain (0 to your entire hand)
    -Sundering Strike (0 to entire hand, armor cards not discarded by this would be shown to the opponent)
    (Cards in italics discard instead of draw)
    There might be a few cards I am missing (I am only including player cards). Out of these cards, only three would benefit you as well as possibly confusing the opponent (Playing any of the cards in italics against yourself would not be worth it). If you did confuse your opponent, would would have to beware some specific cards so to keep your opponent from understanding your hand better:
    -Punishing Bolt. -Punishing Strike. -Touch of Death. -Purge's effect. -Ouch!. -Brain Burn
    -End of Round Blind Rage.
    -Taking damage while Raging Strike is in hand. -End of Round
    -Getting 3 new cards attached to you
    (Anything in italics would be stuff coming from your own hand (or radiation cards (both monster and player cards)). Anything in Bold would immediately end the overall effect).
    I could be missing a few things from this list too. The most major problem with this card is the battle log. Since the battle log shows when any character draws or discards cards and shows every action in the match, it would seem strange for it to not show one character drawing or discarding cards. This card would at least render "Scouting Run" "Elvish Insight" and "Obvious Maneuvers" useless against that character.
    My recommendation: Change the effect to "Trait. Whenever a card in your hand would be revealed, but not discarded, by enemy cards or from an effect from your hand, hide it and shuffle the cards in your hand after the effect triggers" and lower it's rating down to bronze. (This would still be a bad card, but it would not cause much problems with the battle log).

Side Note: For your Magma Flow card: There should not be a card that can (eventually) flood the board with terrain that basically ends up replacing itself (If it is not removed at the end of the round, a few cards could still remove it. After a second, it would take 4 cards (They cover a 3x3 area). At this point, both sides would have to work together to control this.
    My recommendation: Increase the damage to at least 8 and change it's end of round effect to "At the end of the round, adjacent squares become lava terrain (at the end of the round, occupant takes 8 fire damage, duration 2) if this card was played within the last turn".
    Your Disable Gravity card is good, though it might be a bit weak for silver quality.

9. Super4011

Wall of Text
    Attack, Magic Psychic, Range 6, Wizard Card. Target three adjacent squares become wall of text terrain (Stop, at the end of the round, all characters within 4 squares and facing the wall of text terrain take 3 penetrating psychic damage. Occupants take 6 penetrating psychic damage instead. Duration 2)

If you were to create this in the middle of a crowded town square, most people would run around in a panic. Their minds simply cannot handle that many words.

10. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

@Super4011:

After reading your reply, I agree with your recommendation for 'Hidden Cards'. Your idea sounds a lot better than mine!
    Regarding 'Magma Flow', I have realised that I accidentally missed out a crucial part of the card effect. It should have been: 'Target square becomes Flowing Magma Terrain (Stop; at the start of each round, occupant takes 5 Fire damage; at the start of each round, each adjacent square that is not Flowing Magma Terrain becomes Flowing Magma Terrain, Duration 2). Duration 2.' Therefore, instead of flooding the entire board, the Flowing Magma Terrain would move in a wave across the board, affecting only a certain number of squares. I quickly made a few diagrams to illustrate this.

Key:
    Grey = normal terrain
    Light red = flowing magma terrain, duration 2
    Dark red = flowing magma terrain, duration 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've changed the card effect in my post.

11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

What prevents dark red in diagram 3 from making the square in top right a duration 2 flowing magma? Iirc, effects happen before duration is counted down. If you want it to work at all well, make it duration 1.

12. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Maul Bash

Melee attack - Type crushing
    Range 2 - Damage 8
    Slide Back 2

Warhammer Strike

Melee attack - Type piercing
    Range 2 - Damage 8
    Penetrating, Slide Back 1

13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Glue

Magic assist - Type arcane
    Create glue terrain (Stop any character that is in a glue terrain) - Duration 2
    Burst 1

14. Super4011

Prepare Weapon
    Support, Warrior Card. Draw a card, discard it unless it is an attack card, repeat until you draw two attack cards or three cards are drawn, then attach to yourself: (Frenzy 2, Duration 2).
    Blind Striking
    Attack, Warrior Card. Discard a random attack card that has a base damage, then deal the card's base damage to every adjacent character and half of it to yourself with the same damage type as the card discarded. This card cannot be used if you do not have another attack card that has a base damage in your hand, add 2 to blocks against this attack.
    Throw Weapon
    Attack, Projectile Crushing, 0 Damage 4 Range, Warrior Card. Discard all attack cards in your hand, for every attack card discarded this way, increase the damage of this attack by 4.
    Burning Overload
    Attack/Handicap, Wizard Card. Your square and adjacent squares become lava terrain (At the end of the round, occupant takes 8 fire damage) and deal 3 fire damage to all characters within 3 squares, draw a card. Mandatory Action
    Shock Cone
    Attack, Magic Electric, 1 Damage, 6 Range, Wizard Card. Cone, adjacent targets take 2 extra damage, non-adjacent targets within 3 spaces take 1 extra damage, targets take 1 extra damage for each character adjacent to them who also got hit with this attack, attach to characters that take 5 or more damage from this attack: (Stun, Duration 1).
    Banish From Dimension
    Utility, Range 5, Wizard Card. Attach to target character (Stun, Halt, this character cannot be targeted and is unaffected by cards played by other characters, terrain, or other cards attached to this character, when this card expires or is removed in any way, target moves 3 randomly, Teleport, and set it's facing randomly, Duration 1)
    Peacekeeper's Strike
    Attack, Melee Crushing, 6 Damage, 1 Range, Priest Card. For each attack card in the target's hand, deal 2 unbuffable, penetrating holy damage after the attack.
    Unpreventable Death
    Handicap, Priest Card. Trait, attach to yourself: (At the end of each round, take 3 unpreventable unholy damage and increase the duration of this card by 1, if this card is removed from this character in any way, reattach it, Duration 5).
    Equilibrium
    Support, 8 Range, Priest Card. Heal 4, if the amount of holy cards and unholy cards in you hand are equal, you Heal 8, target heals 8 instead, and all other characters heal 4.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Warhammer Strike
    Attack
    Range 2 | Damage 10
    Affects all characters within two squares except yourself.
    His mighty Hammer sowed chaos all over the battlefield, as blood and tears fell everywhere like rain.

16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Those are really good! :)

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Shish kabob
    Melee piercing
    Range 2
    Linear
    Damage 9

Potato Priest and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  18. Name: Shield Bash
    Quality:
    Good (4/7)
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Expansion: Lorth's Idea
    Color Class: Attack, Block
    Attack Type: Melee
    Damage Type: Crushing
    Damage: 4
    Range: 1
    Reaction 1: Block Any
    Play Effect 1: Slide Back 1
    Chance: 50%

19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Mana Spike
    Mandatory Action
    Damage 4 Range 6
    If you cannot target another character do 4 unpreventable arcane damage to yourself.
    [​IMG]

adajon likes this.
  20. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Berserker's Armor

Armor 2 - Roll 4+
    Anytime this armor fails to protect from range 1 or 2 attacks, create a random melee attack in both attacking and defending characters hand
    Keep