AI hard missions and their quests

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Magic Elves, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Acquire Within Lvl 4

Only took 1 retry total.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Tomb of Savings Handicap

1st one is usually winable round one. Second battle is a beast, will take lots of patience, practice and luck. Battle three isn't too bad.

HPr 22.1
    Level 24 Human Priest

HWz 20.1
    Level 24 Human Wizard

HWz 20.2
    Level 22 Human Wizard

40c_rudy, think_panther and Pawndawan like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Tomb of Saving Level 4

3 Dwarf Wiz, max Telekinesis.

*DWz 21.3
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

*DWz 21.1
    Level 23 Dwarf Wizard

*DWz 20.2
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

But a Trifle 1HP

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

But a Trifle Lvl 4

First Battle is easy, 2nd battle do whatever you have to to kill the chef, 3rd one you can actually run the whole thing with just one wiz on Resistant Hide if you time your Firestorms to feed you Slices of Cake when you need healing (and not before). Whole thing still took a number of retries.
    DWr 22.1
    Level 24 Dwarf Warrior

***DWz 4.1
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard
    Staff Of The Inferno
    Sensate's Ring (First two battles I used Azgul's instead of Sensate ring)
    Sensate's Ring
    Firehide Robes
    Boots Of Discretion
    Electroporter Novice

***DWz 4.2
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard

40c_rudy and Pawndawan like this.
  6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. 8 times multiplied to what? :)

For the 3rd battle I used a similar setup since I don't have all the legendaries (shield, armor, portia) your priests have. But even with your setup, you must have gotten extremely lucky to do it in only 8 retries. I mostly died from the travelling curses after a couple of rounds so I changed my strategy. How do you get to deliver 12+ damage in 1-2 rounds (3 tops)? You boost your wizard as much as you can.

First of all my priests had all the Lifesaving Block they could get with Impetuous Shield and Rusted Angel Mail.

For weapons they each had an Darkblood Glaive and a Red Shaman's Blade. In Human skills I used Novice Guidance to draw quicker and for the cantrip.

As for the divine items, one priest was nimbus with 3x Shielding Token and the other was booster with 3xCharcoal Talisman.

My wizard had Firehide Robes equipped, Naugus Hide Boots and Spreading Flames as drawing too much in this level means certain death and I wanted extra area attacks (even if you have to remove the armor first).

You just have to get lucky and draw a couple of Flash Of Agony while boosted from the priests. The priests can also help with removing the armor if the wizard can't manage to do it on her own.

And some small tips:
    1) Stay near the phylacteries because the lich avoids to use the area attack if he hits one of his own too.
    2)Use the small niche from where you start to your benefit and place accordingly the wizard and the priests, so when the wizard flashes , the priests don't get hit.

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I like it! Probably much more reliable than mine.

think_panther likes this.
  10. An easier way to do this (But a Trifle with Elf Wizards) is as follows:

First of all I'd recommend all wizards to be as high level as they can, no need for petty ones just for the draws and you'll need all the health you can get at the last level.

First battle is easy, just firestorm, flash, volcano whatever.

For the second one you have to think simple. What is essential for a chef? Knives! Be sure to equip lots of Path Of Knives and some control cards (telekinisis, gusts etc). If the chef has the sparkling armor you can just watch him perform this :)
    Finish the rest of the enemies after that with well timed firestorms and flashes.

Third one is a bit more difficult but not extreme like most of AI challenges.
    Equip your elves with firestorms, volcano, some control cards, walls of fire, some armor removal (Crisping Rod and Akon's Amulet will do fine) and some Displacing Staff for Punishing Bolt.
    Remember to take cover from the cake's ranged attacks by dancing around the columns.

Whole module took less than 10 tries in total.

timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  11. I would like to see "Hard modes" of the existing modules, with more creatures etc. Would be fun.

12. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Anyone got a good build for tomb of savings for everyday farming purposes? (quick, reliable, no changes between maps)

13. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

just going to bump this incase some people need help with build ideas for the lf

EDIT: Also killing the tombs at the same time with festering guts is an awesome feeling.

Flaxative likes this.
  14. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

No deck change between the map is an Utopia i think.... i hope that your retrieve/store function work :) since i can't retrieve my team :)

Maybe only reliable build would be one with teleport self or other fast move card... but i think it would require maany try to be found out :) and maybe often you will kill yourself with brain burn :)

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yeah, store/retrieve doesn't work mid-module when in co-op.

Hmm.. why was I thinking the only teleport card available was Reflexive Teleport? Anyway, for the first map just resign if you don't see a teleport in your opening hand. For the other maps there are other items that replace the damaging trait with a garbage card.

16. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

So you can't never retrieve in coop also in other module? maybe should be reported in bug :D

i think that changing equipment is a much better choice infact instead of using the same equip for the full module.. since there are 3 absolutely different battle... so it is a nonsense using the same item.

17. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I was watching CT5's video for But a Trifle hard mode, and a comment was made in the chat that cold attack wizards work very well for the 3rd map (giant cake boss). Has anyone tried it? I'm looking for some builds using cold cards.

18. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

As far as I can tell the only cold card you can use for any of the AI modules is Cone Of Cold Arcane Items since all the staves using Cold cards require yellow tokens which you can't use. I'm not sure what the point of that is though, you could slow down the Slice Beasts with it, but you could also just kill them with a Strong Hack.

Personally I like to bring a Priest with a bunch of Nimbus and Strong Hacks, a Warrior with a bunch of Strong Hacks and either another Warrior with Strong Hacks or a Burning Wizard. All dwarves, since the enemies tend to come to you and just play aggressively with my attacks and use Nimbus on whoever will be taking most of the hits. All the Morsels you can get from killing Slice Beasts should be able to give enough healing.

19. haho

haho Orc Soldier

it was a comment my by finalcheetah. Seemed to use maybe 2 wizards and one priest, not sure.
    [​IMG]

It wasn't elaborated on though.