Post nerve farming builds

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Obernoob, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Unfortunatly it is not only the Searing Pain, which suffers a lot from the comming nerves, but also a lot of my farming builds. Most of them are depending on Staff Of The Misanthrope or Staff Of Pain. Currently I love to play Defence of the Woodhome with three of this characters:

Obernoob
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Beside gold this way I can farm my missing level 6 items, from which you can't have enough. Even post nerve Skull Of Savage Iljin should be fine as well as Asmod's Telekinetic Chain.

The above build looses a lot of reliability and needs something like Bertha's Big Clogs or something else to reduce the incoming damage. May be it is time to run the build with a priest again, alltough the priest relied on Skull Of Savage Iljin, which may not be the best idea post nerve.

I guess the last truely fast farming spot will remain Against the Cockroaches, because the monsters have less life than your level 1 characters.

After Firestorm was nerved heavily, now Flash Of Agony looses also a lot of efficiency. Which alternatives are still present?

2. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I use this simple and reliable party for The Compass of Xorr
    Full clear takes about 100 seconds (all 3 stages on speed10).
    It will not suffer anyway from nerfs, coz alot armor and heals.

pve1.jpg

Items in spoiler

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

You just need 100 seconds? That is the time I need to load the stages in my experiences. But I will give it a try. This is my party I used until now for Compass. It is really fast, but I dont come close to the 100 seconds:

Obernoob
    Level 23 Dwarf Wizard

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Where do you get all these Misanthropes from, omg :/

5. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

mis.jpg
    I have done a lot of 3lvl adventures hoping they drop 6level legs, coz i need at least one Raging Battler. But they drop only 3-4 level legs, inspite of +/- 3lvl rule.

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

For compass with my party I need 130 seconds in a fresh browser.
    For Against the Cockroaches I need 35 seconds.

Both times are full cycles, so until I am again in the start screen of the adventure. Since I need 3 times Against for the same loot, it needs 105 seconds, which is slightly faster, than Compass. Compass on the other side id a little bit more interesting.

7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Additionally there are not as many low level legendaries as higher level legendaries, so the chance for getting a staff is really high.

8. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Steam is working faster than browser, give it a try:D
    I tried once more and it took me 95 seconds (for full cycle reopen adventure, loads etc can add 5 more seconds i guess).
    Recorded a regular run (no sound)

This is avarage time i think, with this build in my case it can be 10-15 sec faster or 10-15 sec slower depending or draw/luck.

ParodyKnaveBob and 40c_rudy like this.
  9. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

t.jpg
    Yeah, Troggs give

this
    mis.jpg or this mis2.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

ps: maybe one or two more items in legendary loot table, but i got mostly these two:D

Afeter i finaly realized that i cant get any Raging Battler from Troggs - i moved to Compass of Xorr, but its loot table is pretty rich, and have big diversity of possible legendary drops.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

You are right. The steam client is faster. But the cockroaches are still slightly faster with 3x 30 seconds vs. 100 seconds in compass.

Master Goo likes this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

ParodyKnaveBob and Master Goo like this.
  12. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Actually I still have old (maybe outdated) data that:
    lvl 6 adventures had ~51% lvl 6 drops and
    lvl 7 adventures had ~56% lvl 6 drops.
    :)

Jarmo likes this.
  13. Maybe the thing I post on Summer Balance Discussion will be on your interest

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Then it would be nice to have the good old firestorm back for farming puproses. But this would be some more effort to implement, so I am not sure how likely we will see something like this.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, you're right, the data in the thread linked earlier bears this out:
    Level 6: 42,2 %
    https://forums.cardhunter.com/threa...et-most-gold-pieces-gp.4246/page-7#post-49294
    Level 7: 47,4 %
    https://forums.cardhunter.com/threa...t-most-gold-pieces-gp.4246/page-10#post-52617

This is probably caused by the differing amounts of items of different levels in existence: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Item_Distribution_by_Level
    There are lots more level 6 items than level 7 items. The loot drop system seems to be influenced by this in some unknown way.

Most level 7 adventure loot drops should be level 7 items but they aren't. The same goes for level 5 adventures:
    https://forums.cardhunter.com/threa...t-most-gold-pieces-gp.4246/page-11#post-54226
    The huge number of existing level 6 items has a great gravitational pull on the loot drop item level distribution of nearby adventure levels. This is true also for other item levels with relatively more existing items. There are more items of levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 than of other levels and the same effect is observable there.

The loot drop item level distribution isn't purely some mechanical curve like 50% exact adventure level, 20% +-1 level, 4% +-2 levels, 1% +-3 levels. It's mostly how it works but the above has an influence, too.

To sum up: The best statistical chance of getting a level 6 item is by farming level 7 adventures.

Whether the best practical chance is also this is determined by how fast one can farm level 6 and level 7 adventures with one's items, builds and skills. If level 7 adventures are slower to farm, one can still get level 6 items faster by farming level 6 adventures. While the percentage of level 6 items will be smaller, the total number of level 6 items dropped will still be larger in this case.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Regarding cards functioning differently in SP/MP—we don't usually care to respond to every balance comment (it would be endless!), but I just want to say here that we don't love Obvious Maneuver and we anticipate never making another card like it. It's not just an effort thing. Not only can the text be a bit confusing, but this kind of design is also counterproductive from our standpoint. While different functions in different modes is easy enough for veteran players to grasp, one of the main purposes of the campaign is to teach players the game and prepare them for multiplayer. You get used to how a card works in the campaign, and then it does something different (and worse!) in multiplayer—that's a bad experience. Obvious Maneuver at least is better in multiplayer, and not a card anyone is trying to use anyway, but yeah. Just a couple thoughts from the dev team :)

HisRoyalHygiene, Master Goo and Kalin like this.