what else are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neoncat, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I played through the Faeria tutorial and 1 campaign battle and this looks really cool. The most similar game to CH I've played online. It's still in early access but there's no need to fear it seems: https://steamcommunity.com/app/397060/discussions/0/385429254943598129/
    Also:
    Each Month
    32 of the finest Faeria players will compete for $3,000!

that's 1500-1000-500 for TOP 3. Not bad.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Tried Faeria out for an hour or so. It is decent but it is pretty similar to other CCGs (especially MtG and Hearthstone) except with a hex grid. It wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either.

I wish there were more multiplayer (3+) competitive games. Not directly competitive in a sense but all competing over victory like you see in board games. Offworld Trading company did something like that and it is a great first step, but I really want more. Kind of tired of the 1v1 card combat games that keep popping up after the success of Hearthstone and Infinite Wars and a few big names.

3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Endless Space and Endless Legend are good multiplayer 3+ competitive games. Also I like how the AI takes over if/when friends drop out.

4. Stexe

I meant things that aren't 4X / Civ games / Empire games. There are a few, but not enough. I'd love to work on one.... maybe one day. :-P

5. A lot of Overwatch lately. PM me for my Battle.net ID if you want to play.

6. Stexe

I'm Stexe#1579 but I don't play much. Like 15 to 30 minutes every other day.

7. Blah, I'll just post it here. Data#11860. I used to have a sweet low number like yours but with a different name and I wanted to be Data so ... oh well. :)

8. Stexe

I kept trying to get Battle.net to change my number to something I wanted. Unsure why they wouldn't let you just pick a number that wasn't taken... but oh well.

9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I took this picture last night.
    It made me very happy and very sad at the same time.

I had a great time walking on the Path. I might just have to do it again.
    bkPVV7Mh.jpg

10. Lord Feleran

I'm currently experiencing what it's like to play an MMO that's still in beta (Riders of Icarus). Probably won't be a "beta tester" next time.

11. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Currently playing Divinity: Original Sin. Turn-based RPG with a ton of character customization. Bit of a slow start, but now that I've got a handle on most of the mechanics and have ventured out into the world I'm loving it!

12. Stexe

That's one of the highest games on my wishlist. Been waiting for them to put it on a super sale, but so far it is always like $10 or more.

13. Lord Feleran

I played that some time ago, didn't complete. Without googling tips and making it through in your 1st playthrough was too much of a challange :p
    But then I read that everyone failed their first party setup and started with a new one and felt a little better :D

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I finally beat Brogue, which was really nice! It's a good roguelike, not overly complex but the systems it does have interlock really well. Plus, the level generator is fabulous, opting for more open levels and circular/cross shaped rooms with short hallways instead of the long hallways/square rooms of some other roguelikes. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a shorter roguelike with a lot of heart.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Transistor is absolutely adorable and beautiful. One of the few games, that I completed.

Before that I binge-played through the Shadowrun trilogy by Harebrained Schemes. Dragonfall had the best story out of the bunch, in my opinion.

16. Stexe

Transistor had amazing visuals, superb music, and was neat... but the gameplay was pretty horrible. It wasn't balanced at all, the same few skills could be used to auto win in even the hardest difficulty, and it was extremely repetitive. I do love their work, but this was a huge let down compared to Bastion (which ranks up there with the best music of all video games just below Chrono Trigger).

17. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I'm fixing to try out Lord of the Rings online. The only other game right now that I really play outside of Cardhunter otherwise is one I need to upgrade my computer for. Path of Exile isn't too bad though for me the skill tree is a little confusing but otherwise I like the way it plays like a Diablo style game

18. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Pawnadawn,

Is the Shadowrun series anything like the one that had came out for Sega so long ago?

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

That's quite broad question. Anything like a game that's 20 years older and uses the same RPG setting? I guess so, but I can't comment any further, since I haven't played the Sega games.

20. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Sorry, Pawndawan.

In my head I ment to ask if it was part of the same game series or if it was just a same name, different game. I looked it up on wikipedia and I didn't know that the series had orignally started on SNES and has gone on since then. I've only played the Sega Genesis verison of Shadowrun and I must admit it was hard to play but I enjoyed it otherwise. I may check out the series when I can upgrade my computer.