Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hehe. Word of warning - the item has been picked and implemented, and will probably hit the test server before CT5 and I get around to making our video. That said, we'll make our video before the item goes live :)

2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

3. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I see it is allready spoiled:D seems really interesting item. Congrats the author!

Art in spoiler
    New AA Item Art in this spoiler
    aa2.jpg

4. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

.. Isn't that really overpowered..?

2 Boxton Razorstaff
    4 AA item
    Robes of Lightness
    Goat Boots
    Raging Battler
    Electroporter Novice

Two of those wizards and a heal/vspin priest, or one of those wizards with a heal priest and a control wizard.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  5. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

It might work only against full melee-based setup, and easy could be autoloose to half of setups with at least 1 wizard.

6. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

In a melee meta (like the present one) this item is absolutely insane.

7. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

From the other side it can shift meta to use at least one wizard, and we could see more 2-0-1, 0-2-1 and 1-1-1.

Also it can shift meta to take more terrain (anti) control, so it might happen more of a depth.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  8. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

The fact that it would shift the meta shows that it's an OP item that you have to always be prepared for.. which I think isn't a good thing..

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is quite strong :)

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I, for one, approve an indirect buff to Stone Feet.

SceoMyntan likes this.
  11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I vaguely remember that the interaction of stonefeet and immovable with the main AA-item card wasnt fully satisfying... am i rite?
    But the last AA items gimmick should trump the new AA item's gimmick. Does H...r work though? Something was off.

12. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Just tested it.

Fast built wizards/priest VS 2xBejElves/Priest (priest even had 4 healing beacons, but it didnt help them too much, coz wizards had much more beacons in hand:D)

It was like cat with mice, wizards won lol.

PS: seems it is really either OP or "only" extremely powerful vs current melee setups, yet there were no 2 green cards and a cycling train on single item. In good build this curses even will help you to kill opponents' characters faster.
    If this goes live, meta will undoubtedly change.

AA_.jpg

Pyrious likes this.
  13. Oh god, what have I done?!

SceoMyntan and Pyrious like this.
  14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

So much for the spoilers... Thanks for the effort @Lucky Dice

BlackVoidDeath and Robauke like this.
  15. Ya know, it's funny that you mentioned that. I did consider Demonic Revenge over Traveling Curse which would've also fit the theme, but there weren't any arcane item with the card. Drawing the curses is rather rare though and if you do end up going all in, you'll be lacking damage anyways.

Master Goo likes this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

it will definitely replace all the vicious lockets in my traveling curse extreme build. Which is - excessive testing has shown - not a danger to anyone. But the beacons might buy that extra time you want with that silly, silly strategy.

Kalin likes this.
  17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

"I tried so hard
    and got so far
    But in the end
    it doesn't even matter"

~Linkin Park

18. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Can anyone tell by heart? I've definitely experienced it with Immovable instead but can't really remember.

19. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I checked Stone Feet and Immovable. They do not cancel effect of Hypnotic beacon.

20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

But Hover will.