Legendary find!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I'm testing the botscript with groups of items at the moment, although in theory I could just let it go (it shouldn't fall over) - I was away this weekend but I plan to whack some more items up to level 20 in there this evening. I think that will round out most of the ones missing from above ^_^

Zalminen likes this.
  2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician or a saint to work miracles.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well then i was correct while being too narrow i guess :p

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Wizards cant cast impenetrable nimbus. You both are silly. Also firestorm hits allies as well and not something i choose to enjoy to do.

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Firestorm can be mitigated by Resistant Hide, Toughness, Impenetrable Nimbus etc. It's quite good for house cleaning low HP minions and my party don't mind a bit of pain... :eek:

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I had a wizard wizard cleric party not even dwarfs that just focused on firestorm cleared house easily until around level 15 then it got terrible

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Recently added legendary item i think that i just found in citrine portal
    savage curse.png

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I wonder about all the person names used on the items. Will we learn more about "Mathilda," or is that just supposed to sound evocative?

And what about Quick Jon's Boots? Hmmmmmm.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

He designed those for his warrior i bet!

10. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Another cool legendary item (I think)

[​IMG]

Glob of Flame and Flame Jet are really good, if you use Firestarter and/or Kindler

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

My Crazy Boots are now Legendary it seems. And in the game... :rolleyes:

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

i noticed that to kinda funny suddenly having 3x legendary :p

13. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Is glob of flame and flame jet rare because of Burning 3? I don't see why that would make a card rare.

14. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

For Glob Of Flame at least, I'd say it's because the thing can goes with many decks (and not to mention at 10 damage ranged attack)
    With Enlarge or Bad For Them it can apply that high damage to multiple target.
    Firestarter make the DoT tick for 5 damage, which if I'm reading the wiki right, can't be blocked, only reduced with armor.
    Then add in Time Snap for making that 5 damage (as well as the trait to keep it at 5 damage) last longer.

15. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Goblin Champion

Found a new one:

[​IMG]

16. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The question is what makes something deserving of legendary? I personally agree that random arcane items shouldn't be legendary for no apparent reason but at the same time wouldn't it be boring if all legendarys where just 3x the same good card?

The ones with force cone in them i find fine to be legendary because that is a cool spell you cant or cant easily find at those levels. The telekinesis stones i have said since i first found it is a absolutely terrible legendary and it should have at least one better spell on it if not 3. The crown seams just horrid for a legendary but i think that has to do with them greatly overvaluing forgetfulness.

18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I agree and disagree. Crazy Boots is level 3: give me three copies of Wild Run at level 3 and I just might use it. I think Telekinesis is pushing toward "overvalued," what with three copies on Telekinetic Stone making it level 9: I'd feel better if at least one were Improved Telekinesis at that sort of level.

Vicna . . . just a moment. The wiki says "Wicna." Which is correct? It's probably wise to get multiple steps removed from "Vecna," being D&D's term, so I'm guessing "Wicna" is correct. Also, "Xemu's" Crown, huh? A reference to a person who worked on Thief, which was itself a reference. But anyway, Short Perplexing Ray, Cone Of Cold, and Stone Spikes make for a nasty combo item (Xemu's Crown), and I'd love to own it! Should it be level 12? Maybe, maybe not: but again, this is an actual combo-in-a-card-suite, and certainly not filler.

We've talked about "undeserving Legendaries" before. At the time, I'd noted "Stop a moment and consider the 'bug' forum. Not once has there been a complaint or a bug about item value. Given the magnitude of this project, think about what Blue Manchu has accomplished." This was one month ago, and by now there naturally have been complaints about item value. The thing is, though, this just means were at the point of real analysis: it's hard to go straight to "of course these are undeserving of Legendary status."

19. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

20. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Unless we have a clear line its hard to say what is deserving really it varies a lot from person to person except for the telekinesis stone that is just incredibly meh right now according to most people.

Except that all cards will be at least rare on a legendary which is the only rule i know to be true so far.