Caverns Of Chaos ridiculous levels

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by think_panther, Jun 14, 2016.

1. I am posting some screenshots of setups I encountered in CoC runs. Some have very bad starting layouts, while others are impossible. Post your own "Uh-oh" CoC level and let's make a funny gallery and discuss strategy.

CoC 1.jpg CoC 2.jpg CoC 3.jpg CoC 4.jpg CoC throne.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    trrst, SceoMyntan and Master Goo like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I suggest you put the images inside your post instead of them being attachments(which we can download but can't view the image).

think_panther likes this.
  3. Fixed!

4. That first one tho...

5. Trolls are pretty much impossible without the right setup. That takes the cake. In fact the cake is there. Ready to destroy you.

tolkien and timeracers like this.
  6. Yes, the cake by itself is hard enough. Ranged attacks that encumber you and push you back, spawns enemies that move fast and hit hard... But to tell you the truth, I lost this level because of the thought muncher. Because of its mind munch I couldn't stack moves, and the trolls got near. I got the cake down to 25 health and had 1 troll left but it was doomed from the start. Oh well, it could have been worse, with the Captain as a lieutenant.

7. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Here is the worst CoC setup I've seen:
    WorstEver.jpg

and here's the worst one that I've beaten: :D
    cardhunter00060.jpg

think_panther and Maniafig like this.
  8. Yeah I love the laser bacon wizard. The AI doesn't seem to realize that the adjacent squares are bad.

esthkol likes this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Typo of the day.

tghy71, esthkol, tolkien and 5 others like this.
  10. Regarding the maps I posted, I only failed the throne room, and the 1st one, in which I was left with one robot with 13hp, but died from poison. Second map I hid behind the rock so the turrets couldn't see me and after killing the storges it was pretty easy. Third map I killed the lone cockroach and with flank move and run team I took cover. It was all about movement afterwards, since robots and Towers killed more enemies than I did. The fourth became easy when the first card the Tower played was Rook Push.

Unforunately, I didn't get a screenshot of the most impossible setup I ever faced, the one I died at round 1. It was the first level of the Pools of Slime (shown below) with 2 laser turrets next to where the green slime is (shown with red), and 2 cameras at the niche where the black slime is (shown with cyan). Total death :)
    800px-The_Pools_of_Slime_Part1_Map.jpg

BawlingBrawler likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

For what it's worth, the cake does not spawn enemies in Caverns of Chaos.

Macizo, BawlingBrawler and timeracers like this.
  12. Another gem for this collection. Made it to round 2 after killing the turrets but then the Blinking Wisps zapped the hell out of me :)

CoC 5.jpg

Maniafig likes this.