World chat debate about stalling

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by LieutenantCommanderData, May 16, 2016.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

banned unfairly
    I think there have been some not "unfair" bans too.

2. I really wish turn time was reduced to 1 minute, I have no idea how someone would take that long to think of a move. I run into folks stalling often. Such as people with no cards in their hand "thinking" about their next move for 2 minutes. "Hmm should I hit pass turn? I don't know, it's really hard to decide!"

3. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Who is or was leanbear?

4. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

I never report people for doing this stuff, somehow not annoyed because I had many timer wins this way. What annoys me are people that play at normal pace until they start to lose - after which they really start to stall/disconnect/go afk/etc.

40c_rudy likes this.
  5. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

this is a reason why I got banned, because gulo had said he was doing this and I merely said that I would report an opponent for doing that, since I do not have a fast computer capable of handling cardhunter. Someone taking longer than 15 seconds a move will be asked to hurry up, if they don't I leave the match, since I won't be able to finish the match otherwise.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Problematic assessment. I imagine most people play at a slower, more considerate pace once pressured.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

When all they got left are two almost dead characters just with move cards left on hand and they take 2 minutes to take a turn after which they disconnect and reconnect few times in a row then yes...

8. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

wow

CT5, Magic Elves, DupleX and 7 others like this.
  9. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Fine, who is wow? XD, seriusly who it was?

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

11. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

As see that really was an answer, i feel like playing grim fandango or escape from monkey island.

12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

13. snickersimba

I personally feel that the easiest way to fix this is have an auto pass feature. After around thirty five seconds, your turn is passed if you haven't made a play. Simple and effective.

14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Impossible, too little time.

15. snickersimba

Maybe you should stop thinking too hard my friend. In twenty five seconds I can make four plays and if you need to sit there and think for more than thirty seconds on one move, please go play chess. If we had two seperate modes with different timers it would be fine but that would result in issues all around. I personally feel that the slower players should just adapt to the faster ones as the faster ones aren't causing the issue.

16. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

If I didn't know better I'd think you were trolling :D

EDIT because that was an unfairly short comment.
    I've always been a quick player. Mostly I sit with a build until I know it inside and out. I know what my positioning should be in any given match up, I know what I need to do to win, or at least prevent the opponent from winning. But there are times when you have to reassess a situation. Think about the cards your opponents might have. Check facebook.
    For these times, a hard turn limit just doesn't make sense.

17. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I play chess and enjoy doing it, still im pretty fast player, but 35 seconds its too short. And if you dont see CH as a easy game congratz but is a hard game.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and trrst like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Ironic that you say that! How many CH players have described it as chess-like? I know I have...