FAQ and Glossary - Questions, Comments, Suggestions and Corrections

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scarponi, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Make the sections for board/scenario editor easier to find.

Update the list of scenario tags:
    • drawLimit
    • forceWinWhenAllDead
    • noAIPass
    • noAutoSchedule
    • noKillPoints
    • noMinionKillPoints
    • noNonMinionKillPoints
    • noShuffle
    • quickDraw
    • quickDraw0
    • quickDraw1
    • quickDrawUseParty
    • respawnFilterMinion
    • respawnFilterNonMinion
    • respawnFilterPlayer0
    • respawnFilterPlayer1
    • respawnPeriodOne
    • respawnPeriodThree
    • respawnPeriodTriangular
    • respawnPeriodTwo

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

What do these tags do?

Potatus likes this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

@Kalin, if you can identify what the first 4 do, I'd be happy to add them.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

drawLimit applies the 10 card extra draw limit(like you see in ranked) per round to each player. forceWinWhenAllDead likely makes the player without characters lose even if respawning is enabled. I have no idea what those other two do.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes.
    Yes.

"noAutoSchedule" is, I believe, for holiday ranked scenarios so they don't go into the rotation automatically at the beginning of a new month.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

So does that mean anything in regards to us using the scenario maker?

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nope :p

timeracers likes this.
  8. Well, they are entries about "free move" and "free draw"... Why not an entry about Free Card (a keyword included in officer's harness).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Is just for the sake of completeness.

Also when i talk about interactions with "same target multiple times", i'm talking about how blocks, armors, buffs apply in those cases.

Didn't see the entry for negative energy beign, but the new Doom entry is really usefull.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

What does "noAIPass" do?

• Add how Firestrom mechanics works
    • Add how Festering Guts mechanics work
    • Linear mechanics (which square is affected by the damage first, Sneaky linear)
    • Cone mechanics (Which square is affected by the damage first)
    • The missing things here

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Bump?

timeracers likes this.
  11. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I believe that will stop the AI from passing if it has any valid card to play.

BlackVoidDeath and timeracers like this.
  12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Done

These entries clarify something that is not explicit in the keyword tool tip, there's nothing additional to say about Free Card other than what it already defines itself as. There's no point in clogging the FAQ with statements repeating precisely what's on a card itself.

Same thing, the card speaks for itself.

Things about the forum have been suggested before, but that's beyond the scope of what I want to cover.

Will do, when I have time.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Pawndawan and Lord Feleran like this.
  13. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

timeracers likes this.
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Good call, added to the unpreventable damage entry.

15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Force.ofWill likes this.
  16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Anyone have any heading/title suggestions for an entry discussing the phrase "You may choose the same target multiple times."?

17. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I'd discuss it under the Multi-target cards section of Targeting Types or even under an entirely new bullet. As a separate entry I'd go with "Choosing the same target multiple times" or "Targeting the same character multiple times".

18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I think its worth its own entry. "Targeting the same character multiple times" isn't bad though it's a bit lengthy. I guess the real question is if you were going to look for a post about it in the first page index, under what heading would you naturally look it up?

19. Valadilene

Valadilene Lizardman Priest

Instant burn

what happens when you have three burning cards attached to an enemy and cast instant burn as the fourth card on top of it?

• Instant burn deals 2 base damage and attaches itself to the enemy.
    • The first card gets knocked off by instant burn and does not deal burning damage
    • afterwards the second and the third burning cards trigger.

playing at animspeed 10 took me weeks to notice this.

if the first card was fragile (and probably martyr, elven maneuvers too), it is triggered once by instant burn's 2 base damage before being knocked off. Thus, the card is already gone when the second and third burning cards trigger.

unsure in what order the cards trigger when there are burning cards active on multiple characters. I had flame jet active on an ally, and i think he received damage while the game was in the middle of resolving that enemy with multiple burning cards. Could be useful information when instaburning a firestorm.

Negative energy being
    Damage received still gets reduced by armor before being converted into healing, giving it less healing than preferred.
    Healing does not get reduced by armor in normal play. As such, damage converted from healing bypasses armor.

Force.ofWill likes this.