Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. kingjames488

kingjames488 Kobold

while I very much appreciate your input, as is it seems very much similar to Chit Of Choking Smoke. would glob of flame not be considered more powerful since it has similar effect with a higher overall damage?

2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

As others have pointed out I was wrong about flame spit not being on any arcade item.

3. kingjames488

kingjames488 Kobold

sorry, I somehow missed some of the more recent replies to this thread before posting :oops:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's my current idea:

Winged Mount
    level 11 uncommon Martial Skill (minortoken)
    Barbed Platemail, Flight Aura, Fumble
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Are my reasons obvious?

Martial Skill because I consider mounts to be mainly a knight thing. It may still be more appropriate for Boots, but I really want to see a handicap martial skill usable on the low level quests.

Barbed Platemail because your mount protects you and attacks anyone trying to hit you. I considered using Spiked Mail, but it sucks (and it would still cost (minortoken)). I could rename it Dragonrider to justify the card better.

Fumble was the closest thing I could think of to an upkeep cost: every couple rounds your mount eats one of the cards in your hand, most likely one from this item.

ParodyKnaveBob, Potatus and Reint like this.
  5. Reint

Reint Ogre

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

If I'd be you, I'd rather post something that has at least a tiny chance of winning; At the moment, none of these cards are on martial skills and a possibility to put two Barbed Platemails in one deck is just too powerful.

IMHO more plausible cards for your winged mount would be Fly, Tough Hide and Bite, even though most of these are monster only cards.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Kalin: I like, but yeah, "Dragonrider" or "Dragonmaster" or something might be a clearer name. Pretty daring trying those cards in that slot! But Fumble is kind of a nasty one, especially with important armors involved. (Dropped Guard of course would be even worse, for whatever that's worth.) Yeah, Dragonrider sounds the very clearest so far.

@j3st3ri: Fly is a player card as of AI.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That was my thinking too, but j3st3ri still has a point: sometimes you'll get lucky and draw two Barbeds without fumbling one.

Here's another idea:

Gliding Garments
    level 14 uncommon Robe (minortoken)
    Flight Aura, Sparkling Cloth Armor, Hover
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Robauke likes this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Robauke likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

j3st, ah, I missed the word "most" k

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Crusher on a weapon is a big no-no. Might I suggest replacing it with Bash? (you get an item with the same level and somewhat similar benefits)

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I see people get bolder, adding all kinds of explanations and linking explanatory content in their submissions.
    Seems to be fair game, given Stexe won last AA while providing the funny comic he based the item name on.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

except last AA was literally something that's supposed to be somewhat tied with Jim and Co. Not everyone browses Penny Arcade comics, so linking one sounded like a fair game.

Stexe and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I know about it, but still i like it that way. It probably dont get choosen but i keep it that way. Thanks for the sugesstion

trrst and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  15. ParodyKnaveBob

In making my own item (which I'm under no illusion is prime for winning, but we -were- asked what one item would we want if stranded on a desert island, and that was the best I could do within the CH confines while still being a remotely viable submission), the longest item name I counted in my quick search was some 28 chars long -- or if I don't recall that correctly, then I'm sure 27 chars for a few times. Yours is totally fine. (I could easily see "Why the rum?" being the short name, too.)

I didn't click your "?" but I say funny movie reference anyway. $E^ J Especially since it's a clear allusion without any IP infringement issues! $:^ b
    (Answer: "Because it's more important to trash your (trash) stash for our rescue! Stupid rum." Heh. Heh heh.)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Has anyone else ever thought on creating the Compass of Xorr as an item? Now would be a good chance.

Obviously it would be an arcane item. (it is an enchanted, sentient compass after all) Funny cards for it would be Quick Rotate, Spin Around and Forced Rotate. (obviously MOST of these are not cards that are meant for arcane item slot, nor player characters)

I'd like the compass to be at least an Epic item, just like the other "sentient" items in the game. (the famous trio from AotA expansion) This is what I came up with:

(lvl 16 epic arcane item)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've already posted my item idea for the AA#10 so if anyone else is interested to refine this idea to the contest, please go a head and use it.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Not a particularly playable version, but well themed might be:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. ParodyKnaveBob

I love @j3st3ri's idea, but may I point out that for it to have any chance of winning, AT really needs a major token -- and AT really looks beautiful for the item! (..despite it showing a sundial instead of a compass..) I agree that it'd be nice to have an "Impetuous" kind of card, (mandatory/trait of some sort,) probably in place of Telekinesis (because Maze is just so great for the theme!), but what rare silver-to-gold card could replace it? Indeed, Spin Around might actually be pretty funny for it -- and weird to have on an Arcane item. (And even if an elf wizard is crazy enough to use EM or Pathfinding to draw it, it's still a tempo loss to cycle, thus not exactly OP -- even moreso for wizards who *usually* don't need to worry so much about facing.) Oh, but Spin Around is common. $:^ \

To go with Scarponi's extension of the idea (which looks like an Elf Skill instead of an Arcane Item)...
    Maze | Pathfinding | Forced Rotate
    ...might be too annoying to ever play, even at uncommon and tokenless (level 6ish), but...
    Spin Around | Pathfinding | Forced Rotate
    ...might be too annoying to ever, ever play, being uncommon and minor (level 12ish).

And just fwiw, Spin Around | Maze | Forced Rotate would be uncommon tokenless (level 3) and still probably too useless.

However! I did get an idea while typing that last sentence. $:^ b
    Compass of Xorr
    Shield
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ...might just be sick and wonderful. $E^ D
    (Epic (minortoken) 15ish)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    j3st3ri likes this.
  19. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

What if the Compass of Xorr had Prestidigitation (hope I spelled right, at work, can't check)? Symbolizing taking the turn to "check the Compass".
    This could leave us an Arcane Item with:
    Accelerate Time,
    Prestidigitation,
    And Maze.
    (Can't add links from work, but you all get the idea).
    Any thoughts?

Inkfingers likes this.
  20. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I like the idea that the Compass would be used like a buckler. (it can't be bigger than that, right?)

I also really like the idea behind Prestidigitation. If the item needs to have a major power token, like @PKB suggested, how about this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This would be a lvl 18 epic arcane item.

Inkfingers and Reint like this.