Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Generally some people add after those 4 pieces of info mere facts stating the level, rarity, etc. Those are a safe bet because they likely won't bios the staff, but are more for garnering likes then anything else. (also worth mentioning that Flax & Co sometimes makes mistakes regarding the level of items.)

2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

So, while I like my idea of an inner tube, I also had the idea of a Cold Drink....
    Arcane item
    Frost Jolt Flash Flood Flash Flood
    But didn't know how well it'd go over...

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

A rule from my guide that it breaks:

4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Could use cone of cold instead.

5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Its not Chilling Rhyme, it's Chilling Rime. (which you would have noticed, if you would have bothered to check your links)

Here's a suggestion for the staff name: Dowsing Twig. (or Dowser's Wand)

7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Sorry for that, I thank you. My name idea otherwise would be Fresh Water Staff, but I like Dowsing Wand; it really gets the idea across.

8. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Since Dowsing is used to locate also other things than water, cards like Hot Spot (oil) and Stone Spikes (ore) seem thematically plausible cards ;)

This gave me an idea:

Dowsing Rod (lvl 9 Epic Arcane Item)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    seth arue likes this.
  9. kingjames488

kingjames488 Kobold

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Fiery Breath + Smoke Bomb for minor x4 is insanely overpowered.

13. kingjames488

kingjames488 Kobold

thanks for your input guys!
    too bad about firey breath, I was going to go with something like glob of fire and something else but thought the negative trait would balance it out kinda :p
    also not too sure what you mean by "minor x4", sorry.

should I tweak it a bit maybe? (or are we even allowed to do that?)

14. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I mean you can equip four of this item on one wizard for only a minor token each. Four minor tokens, four Smoke Bombs, four Fiery Breaths to canvass the whole smoked-out area -- and you even get a manageable card cycler (Loner) to shrink your deck more .. and this being a wizard who can lob from afar, Loner isn't expected to be that impactful. Now just add some staff Cone of Cold and Force Cone (also through the smoke) while you're at it to keep enemies even further away from your Loner self; might as well pick a dwarf for some Firestorm, too. $;^ D

It's okay. When I first went to design some items, I didn't think about the overall repercussions, either -- and when I first started playing, I had no idea how awesome trait cycling was, even for handicaps. $E^ b

And yes, you can edit your post as much as you like until Flaxative closes the thread.

15. kingjames488

kingjames488 Kobold

ah ok, so just being a negative trait isn't always considered a mark against a card?
    do you think swapping that with a low-end card like ember spray or something would be more fitting? or better to have 2 ranged fire spells that would conflict with the smoke?

edit: hows the changed version look? :oops:

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  16. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Flame spit does not appear on any Arcane Items. I don't think they'll allow it. Arcane Items don't tend to have spells that are both long range and so damaging. (Unless the damage is from terrain).

Panic does not appear on any items, so they might not allow it. Although personally I don't think it is overpowered.

If you wanna know what cards are safe to use, look at arcane items and what cards exist on them.

17. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Doh!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Also be sure to check out Stexe and Timeracers item creation design guide

Stexe likes this.
  19. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier