Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

The item is actually great. I mean, I would go for this if I would run Delegate. Good job, @Stexe :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  2. Might get the Humans off from running Leadership if they have a major to spare.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I'm actually seeing a lot of Delegate recently. That's very nice. A lot of AA items see good use now!

I hope the next rotation would allow something like Disorienting Block on staffs. That's something I'd like to see :)

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I would not want to see that. Disorienting Block is already found on too much stuff... to find it on wizards with their ranged control would be even more annoying.

I would love to see a good tokenless Human Skill, but I was more focused with creating a thematic item. I tried some iterations that had Retreat and some negative stuff to make it 1 minor or tokenless, but it didn't feel right. Bad Luck not being a handicap made it hard to theme it around the comic and have it be tokenless so I figured I'd just go all out with Delegate.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Congratulations, Stexe, on creating an interesting and usable item, which won even. $:^ ]

--

I've been very slow and hesitant to say that because .. well, I've been torn on how the CH linking rules have been handled lately due to the new third-party AI involvement. I've seen mods crack down on people for, say, showing a video on the forum with profanity. Stexe's post explaining the source comic for Make Haste! does the exact same thing, but ... in this case, the AA item source is the very AI expansion source. Meanwhile/likewise, upon AI's release, BM's own news announcement understandably linked to the third party source material -- which (rather expectedly, considering it is Penny Arcade,) contained the same kind of language. So like..... Now it just seems inconsistent (which can lead to feeling of being pointless) to say that anyone shouldn't be posting such-and-such.

--

That out of the way, thank you, Flak, for the honorable mention in the video. $:^ ] (But fwiw, it's spelled Full Scream A Head for extra stupid punniness, lol.)

6. Stexe

I dunno, I just assumed it was fine since it is the source material. But I guess in-game is very different than the forums. The content in-game is like PG while the forums are PG-13.

7. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

The other cards you put in the item matter, of course. This is exactly why the item-level of race/class balancing is so effective - you could restrict certain card pairings by itemization. If you're going to put in an item with Disorienting Block, 4x Arcane Burst, and Flash Of Agony, everybody's going to hate you if it gets in! But what if you have an item like this:

Disorienting Block, Surging Blast, Surging Blast, Surging Bolt, Nimble Strike, Bash
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    But yeah, it's not realistic :p I guess I just hope elven wizards would get some sort of melee-magic staff that gives them survivability and targets for Elven Maneuvers, at least.

Also, the submissions that have been accepted can really expand the game. I have found use in several AA items that I didn't expect, and that enriched my experience. Add that to the fact that they're open to allowing new cards in specific slots (the new Mad Centaur's Spear has Brutal Charge in it!) and you're looking at a hopeful me.

One day, I'd even wish to see one or more copies of Cutdown Laser on a staff. It actually makes so much sense on wizards, imo :p

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I really want to resubmit Pressing Problems, but I think I might just wait until I have another idea.

10. ParodyKnaveBob

@Flaxative, could we have a clarification? Do you mean specifically a desert island or really just a deserted island? Thank you in advance. ~nod~

Stexe likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

[​IMG]

12. ParodyKnaveBob

Seriously? Seriously, our language is that messed up? ~sigh~ Man.

Well, thanks then. ~nod~

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Don't freak out about it - "desert" as an adjective (not a noun!) has always had two meanings—one is "like a desert" and the other is "uninhabited and desolate" :)

14. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeah, I totally get that -- but searching through dictionaries etc. shows "desert" being archaic as an adjective in and of itself yet the compound noun "desert island" retaining the one element's archaic meaning. Craziness. Never knew that. $F^ }

EDIT: Ironically, "deserted" would literally mean it was inhabited and then became uninhabited, yet I never even gave that any weight. Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Now, if I had said "Dessert Island" your design options this month would be quite limited.

16. ParodyKnaveBob

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Another idea I'll pop out there for someone else:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As I was thinking, I'd really want to teleport off, switch with my enemy, or teleport my wife there.

18. Stexe

19. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I'd like to see an AA in the future where we make items based on "item characters" (Bleneth, Pain, etc.), and an additional criteria would be that it has to fit with the overall theme of the items.

Darkgryf likes this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

My idea, which I tossed out to pandawan was: make three items across races or skills that utilize an unused card yet balance.
    See my thread on unused cards for examples