[Suggestion] CoC module where players play as monsters

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by think_panther, May 14, 2016.

?

Would you like to play in CoC as monsters?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. What about making a module of Caverns Of Chaos, where the players get to play as monsters?

It's Chaos after all, isn't it? Why would their forms be limited to change into dwarf, elf and human only?

And at the nightmarish modules, instead of having a chance to play with legendary characters, you could get to play with big figure monsters.

I bet that would be really fun and it would also help new players get familiar with different monster types and discover new card synergies and strategies.

It wouldn't be that hard to code, would it?

SpaceDoubt likes this.
  2. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

I don't think that it would be hard for the developers to code since we do have MM and in MM you play as monsters.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Technically speaking, after round 1 you ARE playing as monsters, just ones that look like PCs. And I've been asking Flax and Jon to add the CoC decks to the scenario editor so we can use them in MM too.

timeracers and Potatus like this.
  4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

But would the CoC decks have any artificial intelligence coded?

timeracers likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It wouldn't be hard to code, but it would probably be nigh impossible to produce an interesting gameplay experience. Monster strength is soooo disparate.

timeracers likes this.
  6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

What do you mean? Troll Warrior is interesting!

Potatus likes this.
  7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

If monkey warrior drew 2 cards, and had some more HP it could make an interesting player character.

Stout Maple Tree might be an OK player character.