[GUILD] 99 Lenbears WalkingOnFire (Flaxative's worst nightmare come true..)

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Janet, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Boy I'm glad that Ironwood won't ever be beaten again by the guild with the most embarrassing name. Have fun with your merger, hope you can do it in a timeframe less than the month it took Forest Wizards/Ironwood!

2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

By "challenge", I was referring to the additional threat your combined guilds pose in the monthly guild seasons :p

I am definitely not going to try and outdo anyone on in-guild events :rolleyes:

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Elves, where the ART?

(I figure, since this guild is merging/leaving, I'll co-opt it for other things. If you have a problem with it, you can 3 v 3 me.)

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

@Janet: I still need an invitation. But it is not that important currently since I lost the desire to play multiplayer at the moment. Hopefully some cool item in the daily or randis, which opens up a new build, will change that.

Janet likes this.
  5. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

YOu're afk every time I pm you! ^__^

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

My computer is mostly on to ensure I can double dip if necessary (meaning if one of the last needed five legendaries will appear).

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Actually the items needed are six. The Softener, Skull of Savage Iljin, Asmod's Telekinetic Chain, Xlaka's Sacred Bundl and Huetotl's Firebrand.

8. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

9. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It is not like I would have completness than, but that are the last legendaries I need for builds.

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Way to sweet talk a player into your Plan B guild against his better judgement. Disregard for the person behind the elo and lack of scruple will always be something this venture will have over 99K.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  11. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Sorry @Robauke I tend to not answer this sort of messages, but I am going to have to answer this one. I met hot_spirit online yesterday, he was unguilded, I invited him to guild. I had no idea he was even a former 99k until he told me he had been. End of story.

EDIT: I just looked for hot_spirit's original post, he posted it on December the 4! If you see a link between him leaving and us, you have a strange thinkin process. Not that there would be anything wrong even if it was otherwise, it's guilds in a game, not contracts signed for life, he said thank you and goodbye, as long as a player does that, they have all my respect.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Oh, he is the one who got my respect, thats why we are here. I think he made a tough call despite feeling obligated to his team. I think it's evident he wouldn't just reattach those confining strings without a considerable dose of persuasion. I am not faulting a good natured player for giving in, i am faulting you for carelessly burdening my friend's enjoyment of a game with your overboarding competitive ambitions in that game - ambitions that seemingly cant even be contained by a single guild.
    Understanding that guild ties mean little to you and that you've now learned more about Hot_Spirit then his elo, seek him out again and weigh your interests against his anew.

13. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

This is the last time I bother replying to such a pile of nonesense: 1) I invited him and it took him about 30 seconds to make the decision, funnily enough we even both spoke well of you as 2 ex 99k in that short exchange, he's obviously ready to take on a new challenge in the game; 2) My only "ambition" a long while ago, was to stop PoF hegemony, they are great players and nice people, but I thought a bit of variance would be good for the game, that actually ended up leading to a WC hegemony for quite some time, and I must confess I am quite happy PoF are back and won last season because I think it will be good for the game. My only current "ambition" is to serve my guildmates as well as I can, by organising events and keeping the guilds competetive for them to enjoy the thrill of trying to reach the top. Setting aside the fact, and this is ironic, that you were the first player to set up a two-guild system, (at the time you even accused me, wrongly, of "copying" your idea), the only reason I found myself in this situation is that when we merged with WC we had too many players for 1 guild. As I am fond of my guildies and did not want to leave anyone behind, I set up a two-guild system, with the idea that one could work as an academy. It turned out that the "academy" guys were just as good as the main guild guys, so I ended up thinking of the two guilds as a single entity.

So, to conclude, with regard to your nonesense about "ambition", you really have little idea of what you are talking about, because I have been asking @Scarponi (and he can confirm this) to take back leadership of WC for some months, but he has been bogged down with his thesis, so for now I am keeping things in order.

p.s.
    can't believe we are making such an elaborate discussion on such a trivial a matter, it's a game, it's meant to be fun and enjoyable and make you laugh, you sound bitter and resentful, maybe you should take a different approach to things. I think you're a good guild leader, but by the tone of your response it is evident that you take matters too personally. If anything, you are trying to spoil your ex-player's enjoyment of the game, by turning his off-the-spur decision, in such a big matter and such a weird post..

Have a nice day,

J.

p.p.s
    When I decided to quit 99k I played on an extra season to win pizza and leave it to my guildies (winning pizza for my guildmates is more or less my only ambition) and guild master as a token of appreciation for hospitality, you were still resentful even in that scenario, so I reiterate my suggestion: don't take matters so personally.

Jarmo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

So when you invited PKB to your tournament, Sorc. chat blew up with (some really good) advice for him. Which makes me yearn for an intra-guild tournament. Something to consider for next time?

Edit: "inter-guild" to "intra-guild" since that is what I meant. :p

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I would be happy to organize it, but there would be a cap (of 3) on players per guild to make it manageable.

16. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

What? You'd bar a single team from having one hundred forty-two players? Nonsense. Just pit us up against the St.exe guild.

Flaxative and Potatus like this.
  17. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

That's about the only way I can think it would be manageable :) Having said that, if guilds can't select 3 champions unanimously, there can be spar matches within the guild for who gets to represent it. In the case of Sorcerors, as they have about 5-6 times the other guild's number of players (but how many are active?), I would be willing to let them run 3 teams. Again, that's just how I would do it :)

Potatus and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

~sigh~

I'll keep you updated, but if I don't solve the problem of not being able to play lately, I might have to drop out. $:^ [

Last night, I tried to click an Oozeball match. I accidentally clicked ranked. Whoops, y'know. I tried to unclick it. Several seconds later, I was into a match, nevermind the unclick. I spent 19 mins to my opp's 6-7 mins, and I was not playing slowly.

I rebooted the whole machine and tried one Oozeball match. It was so slow, I tried to hit my options to resign just to relieve my patient opp from the torture of sitting through it. Snoozi was popping up before I could even get that subscreen open, though. (I realized in retrospect, I could've just let Snoozi time me out to give release, but I've never been in the mindset to stall nor lose via "inactivity" abuse, thus this method didn't strike me 'til later.) We "played." When I ran out of time, we were in round one, and my opp had spent one minute and three seconds. $:^ [

This afternoon, it seemed better, and I played a ranked match. Tonight, though, even after full reboot, it's back to Encumber 2, Duration Who knows.

EDIT: Wowee. I set up a password via Kongregate and opened the game on the CH website. I hoped it might .. possibly give at least some kind of noticeable difference. Maybe. ... Purge!! I'm seriously shocked how much improvement I got from doing that. It's playable again -- and better than I've ever seen it. I'll try to post this in the Feedback subforum at some point.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  19. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Epic showdown for second place!

Also did sucre break some sort of record for number of games played in one season??

Pyrious, Macizo and Janet like this.
  20. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Another close finish this time for 4th place. But yet again 99LB WoF delivers a high win ratio across the board.

Amazing 564 contribution by Beerbarian @krystalis1 over 597 games. Someone give that man a beer.

Janet likes this.