Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

make it arcane pulse, penetrating 2 dmg all enemies within 2 . Like an evil healing pulse. you could go the same route with the fire sprays.

2. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Lots of arcane spells change position. So Arcane Spray could have a mini-maze: For each affected character place on a random square within 1 square.

3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Currently I find Superstitious a bit too annoying when I play CoC, where you cannot really delay killing ennemies. You get to discard your hand, and you get to discard your hand AGAIN the following turn. Maybe we could remove Superstitious once it is triggered?

Magus, Robauke, Maniafig and 4 others like this.
  4. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I would like to see Bless nerfed. Maybe something like:
    All Squares occupied by allies and without terrain attachments become Blessed Terrain (at the start of each round, occupant Heals 2 and draws a card). Duration 2.

Stexe and timeracers like this.
  5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

let's talk Spreading Laser.

Obviously a nice card, but it kinda sucks compared to, say, Arcane Burst which happens to be godly itemized too. So how about... lowering the damage of Spreading Laser by 1, but making the roll Major Erratic? This could potentially also buff Bad Luck.

6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

This might sounds like a radical idea, but what if we made Bless Duration 1? That was it would draw 3 cards and heal 6, same as it's single tile duration 3 counterpart.

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Not sure about what exactly has to happen, but the power relation of Consecrate Ground and Bless should be adjusted. Bless can only be brought down in power. CG has duration 3, but thats next to inconsequential.
    I dont think you can temper with bless without looking at volcano at the same time.

Another topic: Genetic Engineering - The minimum that has to happen is that it generates no duplicate attachements. 3 guaranteed attachements, every time!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    WexMajor, Maniafig, Potatus and 2 others like this.
  8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Not sure if it's already in this thread but maybe acid terrain's damage could be increased by 1? All the acid cards seem quite pointless in MP.

Robauke, Magic Elves and Lucky Dice like this.
  9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Dangerous Run and Teamshift could use adjustments. One is too good, one is underwhelming. I'll let you guess which is which.

Acid Spray is bad, Jet and Blast could be more exiting, but they get their job done. Maybe some sort of direct damage effect to make acid blast truer to its name?

Christofff likes this.
  10. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Team Shift and Team Walk are both golden and both move your characters by a total of 6 so it sounds fair to me.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

It's a great anti Volcano card though.

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Bump Holy Armor protection to 2. Or maybe 3+ Armor 1, "heal 1 yourself and every adjacent ally".
    Another route would be making it like they whyrm/drakehides, always armor 1 with the roll only for the effect.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

This is really annoying me, almost to a level i would call it a bug:
    Currently, Destructive Purge damage does trigger elven maneuvers and martyr.
    What i want to happen is what happens with purging strike: Remove attached cards before the damage gets processed.
    Im not totally sure, but i think vulnerable usually doesnt get processed.
    Caribou [99K] destructively purges Snake.
    Savage Curse added 4 damage.
    Caribou [99K] discarded Scouting Run.
    Mass Frenzy added 1 damage.
    Snake took 7 Radiation damage.
    Martyr Blessing triggered draw for Snake.
    Snake drew a card.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Given how Purging Strike works, I'd call this a bug. I'll fix it.

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

@Robauke, this is your Gulo's Large Weapon moment! Revel in it.

(Yes, I wrote Gulo's Large Weapon on purpose)

Melancthon likes this.
  16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Negative energy being should have Duration 1.
    I really don't know how it is on normal adventure, but when it happens in COC it's usually game over.

17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Pulverizing Hack is incredibly underwhelming for the amount of stuff it's on. How about we do two things to it:

1. Change the value on it to 14 instead of 15. That would make it Amethyst-, ergo... do a whole bunch of nothing right now, but would allow us to make better itemized item with it.
    2. Change The Hackmaster to 2x Pulverizing Hack 4x Strong Hack. With my change listed before, this would make the Hackmaster a double major token weapon, level 20. And would be helluva lot more useful.

18. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Honestly Pulverizing Hack and Pulverizing Bludgeon have no issue right now. Which card are you referring to, by the way? Pulverizing Hack does not have a damage value of 15, and neither does Pulverizing Bludgeon

@Lucky Dice, as I touched on in the thread [Suggestion] Reduce Cooling Laser base damage or range, I believe the reason why the attacks with the highest damage in this game are overcosted and instead given secondary conditions is that having pure high damage cards could be ridiculous. Obliterating Bludgeon has the same quality as Pulverizing Bludgeon but the +3 damage means an All Out Attack with the former can reduce any character's health to 0, including dwarf warriors. You could fish for blocks with Unnerving Strike or Reaching Swing then go for a devastating hit (and that has little counterplay other than avoiding that character completely).

I actually do not think Pulverizing Bludgeon nor Pulverizing Hack is underwhelming in practice. For the former you have six damage that's definitely getting in whether the opponent has blocks or not, and its high base damage can give a high lethal health value for the opponent, which is difficult to predict and play against. For instance, if one is running Mass Frenzy and Blind Rage, you have a lethal health value of 18. For the latter the case is similar. It is unlikely that a player running an elf warrior and a healing priest would start using their high single target heals on that character (there would even be a reduced health gain from a Greater Heal). People would usually expect 8 to 15 damage attacks from the character with the frenzies.

---

What does everyone think of Meltdown's duration? I think three rounds is too long. Even Volcano lasts just two. It doesn't make sense to me that melee users get access to such long-lasting terrain. In practice, three turns does turn out to be too long (excuse the pun).

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

20. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Sorry yes, I confused Pulverizing Hack with Almighty Hack because I keep thinking that Pulverizing Hack and Pulverizing Bludgeon are equivalent forms. I edited the post accordingly. I'm still confused whether Lucky Dice meant Pulverizing Bludgeon, though, because he mentions "for the amount of stuff it's on". But then again, he references an incorrect damage value and mentions The Hackmaster. Lol.

You didn't have to deliver the correction that way, though. :)

Melancthon likes this.