[Guild] Walking Carpets

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Scarponi, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

2. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

WE HAVE OUR MAGEAMENT FINALISTS!!
    [​IMG]

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

Nice graphic, Gnizla, but two curiosities:

1. What do the orange- and gray- backed numbers? I see a range of -1 to 2, thus it probably doesn't deal directly with wins and losses -- maybe indirectly?
    2. If we Running and Dashing Rouges wanted to spectate you folks' internal matches, how would we know when? You tantalize us with pre- and post- announcements, but nothing about the mid- !

Janet and visak13 like this.
  4. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

@ParodyKnaveBob well, the posts are really intended for guild members! Having said that, thank you for your interest in the matter, it's already difficult to get 2 players to coordinate and play a game, let alone try and advertise the match beforehand!! What we will do, as we did for last tournament, is post the video of the final match publicly (when revealing players' builds will not affect them negatively).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Congratulations on another top finish! You were 297 points ahead and you reached the point wherein defeating any opponent except one from the top 2-3 guilds by blitz or by regular win yielded only 2 points. That's great :)

Farbs, Janet, Scarponi and 1 other person like this.
  6. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Congratulations to all for placement last season, and and especially big congratulations to
    @WhiteSorcerer and @GCar for making it to the final of the Mageament! Who won?! Watch the video to find out:

Pawndawan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

Nice! I counted only six mere sorcerers, but it was still a lot of fun anyway! $;^ b

Janet likes this.
  8. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

And the winner of the Dwarven Lottery is @rinco69 !!

9. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

@ParodyKnaveBob as you are always taking an interest in our events I would like to invite you to play our next tournament if you like the idea, you can win pizza if you place well. Let me know, thanks!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  10. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

TATARATAAAAA [SOUND OF TRUMPETS]

HEARDY HEARDY, INSCRIPTIONS ARE OPEN FOR ALL THE KNIGHTS OF THE REALM WHO ARE HUNGRY FOR PIZZA AND EAGER TO IMPRESS THE PRINCESSES OR THEIR MUMS!

THOSE VALIANT AND GALLANT KNIGHTS WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE SHOULD POST THEIR NAME AND STATE THEIR INTENTION TO JOIN IN THE TOURNAMENT SCROLL THAT HAST BEEN SENT TO THEM!

[​IMG]

RULES: 3X WARRIORS; 1 WARRIOR OF EACH RACE.
    BANNED CARDS: PARRY [SIC!]; FORCE FIELD

THOUST VALIANT WARRIORS HAVETH TIME UNTILE THE 15TH OF THIS GLORIOUS MONTH TO JOINETH!

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am timeracers and I wish to join the tournament.

I am a little confused, is this some sort of official tournament? If so I will post info about it on the tournaments and events thread.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  12. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

@timeracers you've asked that before for our Christmas Raffle: it's our usual monthly guild event, I've been posting events every month on our page, that's why I am posting it on guild thread rather than on the events thread. Maybe the fact that I asked @ParodyKnaveBob if he wanted to join is what caused some confusion, but he's been taking such a keen interest in the tournaments, that I thought it would be nice to invite him to join even if he's not from the guild :)

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Oh, this bit was confusing:
    It doesn't specify only Walking Carpets but it does specify that a tournament scroll has been sent, but then why is a name required?(unless they have alts I guess)

If you have been doing this monthly then there have been more Walking Carpets' tournaments then non-Walking Carpets tournaments.

14. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

That's just because it's easier to organize a small scale tournament than a large one! I'd have no issue organizing a large one for all the guilds in the near future though We had discussed the idea of a guild vs guild tournament with PoF, but coordinating 6 players to play at the same time was not easily done!

15. ParodyKnaveBob

/me mimes grasping a non-existent skirt and curtsies deeply.

Thou hast greatly honoured this lowly knave -- and although he is unsure that such a tournament scroll hast been specifically sent to him, he nevertheless hath no problem crashing thy shindig.

Janet likes this.
  16. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I'll send you the invitation! :)

17. ParodyKnaveBob

...awwwww, and too bad the assembly surrounding that invitation declares "Parry" (linked and everything) banned 'cause I was gonna argue that "PARRY [SIC!]" would explicitly mean only PARRY (all-caps) would be banned -- not the in-game card, Parry. $}^ D But okidoky. $}^ b

(I'd be laughing out loud except people are sleeping right now! Hahahahahahaha...)

18. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]

TOURNAMENT RULES
    -Banned Cards: Force Field Parry
    -Warriors only 1x for each race (1 Elf; 1 Dwarf; 1 Human)
    -2 Weeks to play matches, matches can be played in any order, if player does not play within the deadline and makes no communication he/she will give forfair
    -In the case of a tie (=each player wins 1 game), winner will be selected according to a criteria chosen by the organizer
    -Winner of Each bracket moves on to semi-finals, which will be straight elimination!
    May the machoest warrior win!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Post videos! I mean, you don't have to. But it would be fun.
    When are these happening?

CT5, ParodyKnaveBob and Janet like this.
  20. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I'd like to, but it would be complicated to do one for each game, I just post the finals!