Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Arrogant Armor always capitalizes His/Her when it removes an attachment, therefore making the wearer some sort of deity.

2. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Not exactly a card text bug, but how could the function of Holy Presence be made clearer in terms of trigger order? The purge effect is basically useless for the start of the round if the character is in the rightmost slot (where the hands are visible). Trigger order is extremely important here (I've won games wherein the purge effect saved my character from lethal damage) so it might be a good idea to mention the trigger order in the card's text or something.

3. Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

In the wake of awesomesause150's find and @LieutenantCommanderData's post, here's a more in-depth conversation (minus off-topic stuff) a bunch of us had in World. (As I edit out stuff, I notice that I missed some ppl saying a couple things before I said them. Whoops! Sorry, folks. $:^ P heheh)

awesomesause150 says: shouldnt the harnesses that boost armour have keep on them?
    rinco69 says: harnesses dont have keep?
    LieutenantCommanderData says: yes all harnesses already have keep
    awesomesause150 says: enchanted harness doesnt have the keep keyword
    LieutenantCommanderData says: yes it does
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @awesomesause: Did someone remove your armor and you missed it?
    awesomesause150 says: "whenever you roll a die for armour, add 2 to it"
    LieutenantCommanderData says: "Armor 2. Keep."
    awesomesause150 says: nah im just reading the card
    awesomesause150 says: yes the armour is kept but if it boosts another armour the lack of keep would imply that it is discarded
    LieutenantCommanderData says: err i guess it could be read that way
    LieutenantCommanderData says: that is not the behavior though
    LieutenantCommanderData says: it is kept
    LieutenantCommanderData says: youre right, the wording could be improved
    awesomesause150 says: resistant hide has keep on both of its effects, armour and immunity
    Assassine says: yeah, hes right in that its missing the word
    Assassine says: pretty much all others do
    Assassine says: frenzy aura etc too
    ParodyKnaveBob says: During the discussion just now, I went to my Keep (heh) and saw the issue. Yes. Card Text bug. The boost reaction should read Keep.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: every harness is missing it
    LieutenantCommanderData says: yeah, and then some
    LieutenantCommanderData says: frenzy aura is not missing keep
    awesomesause150 says: this is outrageous!! melvin
    Assassine says: no
    Assassine says: im saying frenzy aura has it
    Assassine says: ^^
    LieutenantCommanderData says: oh :p
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Arcane Shell reads Keep for both armor and boost.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: so yeah its missing on leather harness, chain harness, enchanted harness
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Blind Rage should probably read "Melee Frenzy 2, Keep." within its text
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Wow, this is a good find. $:^ )
    Assassine says: nah, blind rage is a trait
    awesomesause150 says: i dont thin it would apply to traits since they wouldnt be discarded
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @sine: I've seen attached cards with Keep.
    brockritcey says: I just skimmed through a bunch of the other armour boost cards and they all have keep after their effects too.
    Assassine says: then again, altruism has something like that
    Assassine says: now im confused
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Right. Every single card that Keeps should read Keep for consistency. Very, very good find.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: i dont think traits should have it though
    LieutenantCommanderData says: since you dont keep the card
    ParodyKnaveBob says: "Keep Unless X" is an interesting wrench in the attachment works, though.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: attachment cards arent kept though. theyre attached
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Holy Presence says "Keep" after its effect.
    Assassine says: so does ex. vulnerable, mind leak or others
    awesomesause150 says: sorry it just seem obvious that cards that are kept should read keep, i felt "durr"
    ParodyKnaveBob says: They are kept. They're kept after their effects trigger.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: oh i guess ..... because of stuff like altruism
    LieutenantCommanderData says: hm
    Assassine says: blind rage doesnt say it because it has no triggered effect
    Assassine says: just a persistent one
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Armor of Faith, for example, shouldn't have to read "Discard after use." It should just get by without the word "Keep."
    Assassine says: true
    LieutenantCommanderData says: like cloth armor
    awesomesause150 says: i guess alutruism reads keep unless 4 because it needs to show that it has a die roll
    Assassine says: though i guess the discard line is supposed to make it clear that it only works once
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @sine: It has two triggered effects. A Melee Frenzy boost and a Magic Psychic damage handicap.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @sine: Exactly. It's redundant and would be clear if every single other Keep attachment read Keep.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Funny. Healing Spirit says Keep. Talented Healer does not.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: yeah i never realized how amazingly inconsistently that keyword is applied
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Btw, the Keep keyword's tooltip is "Return this card to hand or re-attach after it triggers."
    awesomesause150 says: yep
    LieutenantCommanderData says: err which is also wrong
    ParodyKnaveBob says: I half-thought about it once but I guess I just thought I was too new to know better.
    LieutenantCommanderData says: because altruism doesnt reset its duration when it triggers
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @Data: how is it wrong?
    Wandere says: What about Laser Cutdown? Is there a reason that is worded in that long way?
    LieutenantCommanderData says: thats what reattach would imply
    Guises says: Laer Cutdown isn't kept if you don't meet the condition
    awesomesause150 says: wandere because if it kills and enemy its reterned to your hand rather than discarded
    Wandere says: That is to say, kept.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: It's just saying "remove from hand or detach upon trigger - put back when done with trigger"
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @Guises: I was going to say that, too. It shouldn't have to have the long line about returning to hand. It should just say, "If such-and-such, Keep."
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Or "Keep if such-and-such."
    Wandere says: Auto Block is Keep, with keyword.
    Guises says: That's a good point
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Neat. Bruiser reads Keep. It's a Basic set card, too, thus older.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Point being, this isn't something they started adding eventually.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: All four Martial boosts Keep by keyword.
    Wandere says: Magic ones do too, including Defensiveness.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Vulnerable, Keep.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: I've long-appreciated the differences between Dodge and Jump Back having Keep vs. Skip not.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Elven Maneuvers does not.
    Wandere says: That was AotA.
    Wandere says: Superstitious doesn't say it.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: @Wandere: (EM) Yep, after Basic's Bruiser and before AI's Negative Energy Being.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Very weird thing. Typing "Keep" on Human Skill brings up many items with no "keep" in sight. $:^ o
    ParodyKnaveBob goes to check Cards.csv to see if keep is not in sight but on those cards.
    ParodyKnaveBob says: Yeah, Inspired Command: Inspirational Thinking, "Shuffle, Team!", Subtle Parry - and no word "keep" tucked away in any of the cards' database entries.

In the chat, I alluded to the fact that some Keep things confused me when I started playing but figured I was just missing nuances and stuff, being a newbie; eventually, players just learn how the cards work by practice even if not by strict rule. This now makes me wonder how many newcomers get trapped by needless Keep gotchas -- and therefore hope this can be fixed. $:^ ]

Quick question for anyone in Blue Manchu: With this system-wide text issue brought here as such, which would you prefer? Someone create a separate thread for tracking down Keep inconsistencies? You review every card in the system yourselves and afterward let us help you catch any potential mistakes? Other? Seeing the community so far, I'm guessing we'll be fine either way. $:^ }

--

Come to think of it, does Blind Rage only have one text box because you don't have room (or code in place) for three text boxes? (I'm adding Keep below.)
    • Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Melee Frenzy 2. At the start of each round, take 3 Psychic Magic damage for each Attack card in your hand. This damage cannot be prevented by Armor. Keep. Duration 2.
    vs.
    • Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 2.
    • Melee Frenzy 2. Keep.
    • At the start of each round, take 3 Psychic Magic damage for each Attack card in your hand. This damage cannot be prevented by Armor. Keep.
    Or is mixing the boost and handicap text just fine?
    • Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 2.
    • Melee Frenzy 2. At the start of each round, take 3 Psychic Magic damage for each Attack card in your hand. This damage cannot be prevented by Armor. Keep.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A lot of our traits are poorly formatted. This is something that has been discovered before and that I keep meaning to get around to. Blind Rage, unfortunately, probably only fits in a single txt box as is :(

6. ParodyKnaveBob

Thanx, Flax. Concerning the upcoming major rebalance, I know "no details" and all that, but $F^ , could I ask if such formatting-for-clarity might get placed under that to-do list?

7. ParodyKnaveBob

(Btw, I'd say that last question about the upcoming rebalance was really more intended as a rhetorical suggestion to help you lump like-work together rather than an outright desire for answers.)

Keyword bugs which wreak havoc on the new player* trying to learn the important difference between a turn and a round.
    * the new player a year ago named ParodyKnaveBob at any rate!

Poison,"Attach to target. At the start of each turn, target takes <x> points of Poison damage. This damage cannot be prevented by Armor."
    Burning,"Attach to target. At the start of each turn, target takes <x> points of Fire damage."

vs. all the card faces reading "of each round"

Scarponi likes this.
  8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Good catch, never noticed the keywords switch "round" with "turn" incorrectly.

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Blizzard Breath and Disenchant use the word "destroy." However when a card is destroyed it is not returned to the deck, but is actually removed from the game. Melvin defines this specifically in "How to Play" for the default move card, that it is created at the beginning of the round and destroyed when played or discarded.

Fwiw Boiling Armor appears to use the word "destroy" in the battle log text.

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yeah, "discard this" would be more consistent.

13. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'd think destroy would be better wording, considering it shouldn't be going back into the player's deck.

Kalin and timeracers like this.
  14. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

Laser Strike flavour text error.
    Like a sword but only 10 000 hotter.
    It's missing the "but".
    [​IMG]

15. ParodyKnaveBob

But Birthday Present's wording is funny. $:^ D

Laser Sword's flavor text doesn't need a "but" as far as I'm concerned, but it could use a comma (since I don't recall dashes in use in the cards).

"Like a sword -- only 10,000 degrees hotter."
    "Like a sword, only 10,000 degrees hotter."

Potatus, Magic Elves and Kalin like this.
  16. ParodyKnaveBob

All right, time to enter the Keep. Time to grab the Keepsakes. Time to Keep on Keepin' on. Time for me to stop the horrid puns and list the inconsistencies to the best of my ability. Every time a card does something, then is not discarded but instead remains usable, I'll list it here -- either as properly listing Keep or as not. (I'll gather my list from the wiki in alphabetical order.) When it does not, I'll do what I can to write a suggested fix.

Note: due to all this, I suggest "at the start of each round" become "at round start" for brevity's sake -- along with more as I find them. Ah, yes, like "May Not Self Target." Ah, and more: Poison and Burning automatically contain "Attach to target" in the tooltip; I suggest adding Keep to it somehow, too; for example, (with some additional clarification,) "Attach to target. At round start, target takes <x> points of Poison damage which does not discard this attachment. This damage cannot be prevented by armor except by Immunity." Same of course with Burning except "Fire damage" and no last sentence. Something else: I'm starting to wonder if Encumber should have the Keep mechanic built into its keyword, too, hm; until it's said otherwise, I'm adding Keep to Encumber below, too. Oh! Actually! I now see that Burning and Poison should say "Attach to affected character" in the tooltip since you might not be targeting chars at all.

Accelerated Thought
    • Attach to target. Duration 3.
    • At round start, target draws a card. Keep.
      "Think fast! I said FAST!"
    Acid Blast - Ugh. Just ugh. I'll skip terrain cards for now. That's a-whole-nother can of worms right there. (e.g. Why can't "Acid Terrain" get its own keyword status? Is "Stop" so necessary to be a keyword instead of spelled out in various terrains' tooltips? Are tooltipping keywords that painful to program/design to nest inside other tooltips? ~sigh~)

Adaptable - text is fine - however, I can't help but point out that Adaptable really should be a Boost card - it reacts upon cards getting played, and its reaction is designed to help the char who owns the card - it in no way decreases damage by itself (whereas Quick Reactions and Simian Reflexes can likewise indirectly decrease damage by adding cards to the equation upon triggering) - and if anything, it acts more like the defensive version of Retaliatory Mutation, and RM is pure orange, no red to it - I expect the only real reason it's gray is so that armor removal can get rid of it, but isn't it funny that Sundering can't remove it anyway $E^ J - for that one reason alone, maybe orange|gray ? $:^ \ ...it's still not an actual armor...

Adapted to _____ - all 15 of these
    • Attach to self. Duration 2.
    • You are Immune to _____ damage. Keep.
    Add Dark Butter
    • Heal 30. May Not Self Target. Target may act again this round. Attach to target. Duration 1.
    • Target cannot take damage. Keep.
    Add Evil Salt
    • Heal 30. May Not Self Target. Target may act again this round. Attach to target. Duration 1.
    • Add 8 damage to any damaging Attack target plays. Keep.
    perfect:
    Alabaster Wyrmhide
    Altruism
    Amorphous Body
    Ancient Statue
    Arcane Aura
    Arcane Curse
    Arcane Feedback
    Arcane Shell

Armor Of Faith - lack of Keep means no need for explicit discard text (which only helps confuse the newcomer on non-Keep cards)
    • Attach to target. Duration 3.
    • Armor 3.
      "Faith is tangible, and it will protect you. Briefly." - Mokad
    perfect:
    Arrogant Armor
    Auto Block

Bad Luck - to keep the flavor text and make a proper two-box card, it needs some major shortening
    • Attach to target. Duration 2.
    • Subtract 1 from target's die roll. Keep.
      "If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." - Cardhuntrian minstrels' favorite.
    Bad Medicine - ..oh, I see this messes with things, too.. not the card itself, but the Poison and Burning keywords.. I'll put a note at the top of this post..
    • Heal 3. Poison 3. Duration 2.
      "Take this and call me in the... Well, see how you go." -Feckle the Scabrous
    Barbed Platemail - nothing wrong with the Keep, but the rest could be tightened, including adding "Melee" to reaction's attack type
    • Armor 4. If this Armor prevents damage from a Melee Attack, the attacker takes 4 Melee Piercing Penetrating damage. Keep.
    Battle Rage
    • Trait. Attach to self. Duration 2.
    • Melee Frenzy 2, Keep. Armor 2, Keep.
      "Battle Calm" didn't test well with the barbarian demographic.
    Battleaxe Chop - this appears to need a serious overhaul upon really looking at it - attack|handicap hybrid - and I'm going to introduce a new "Target X" keyword for brevity, "Choose up to X different targets." (Then DAttF & Jim's cards would become "Target X. You may choose the same target multiple times.") - also, I removed the space in the flavor text's "battle axe" on the "battleaxe" card...
    • Target 2.
    • When this card is in hand, you may not Block. Keep.
      Dwarves consider being called an "old battleaxe" a compliment.
    Blade Bouquet - perfect? should it in fact read, "When an enemy ends a Move adjacent to you, do 7 Melee Slashing damage to them." ? (the "ends" part, the capitalizing "Move" part, and "adjacent" instead of "next to" for consistency)

Blind Rage - ahh, the big one $;^ J but! after all my shortenings, I believe it can actually fit two boxes finally - also, ha ha, "Psychic Magic" -> "Magic Psychic" $F^ b
    • Trait. Attach to self. Duration 2.
    • Melee Frenzy 2, Keep. At round start, take 3 Magic Psychic damage for each Attack card in your hand, Keep.
    Blink - oh wow this card which I didn't know even existed $8^ o ...text is perfect, but looks like it should be Assist instead of Utility... and if you desire it to be an Assist which says May Not Self Target, then there ya go

Blizzard Breath
    • Cone. For all affected characters, discard all attachments, then attach this. Duration 2.
    • Encumber 2. Keep.
    Blob Of Slime
    • Encumber 1. Keep.
      Don't panic, just try not to get any of it in your mouth...
    perfect:
    Boosted Heal
    Brittle Flight Aura
    Bronzantium Plates
    Bronze Plates

Bruiser - I'd say perfect except if any get shortened, so should this for consistency
    • Trait. Attach to self. Duration 3.
    • Add 2 damage to any Bash you play. Keep.
    perfect (mostly?):
    Burning Blade
    Burning Fingers - well, except for punctuation is all
    Chain Harness - perfect now $:^ ] - only to match my Bad Luck suggestion, the boost might read, "Add 1 to all your Armor die rolls. Keep." or something

Chilling Rime
    • Encumber 1. Keep.
      "Chill your enemy, slowing his progress and allowing your escape." - Oberlin Ninetower
    Clumsy - I know Flax already said "attacker" is generic, but "when attacking" was already generic by that logic - I've written up a new version along with the splitting of effects, shortening, and adding Keep
    • Trait. Attach to self. Duration 1.
    • You cannot turn to face your targets, and you do not turn to face enemies when they affect you. Keep.
      Where you go?
    Cold Snap
    • Attach to target. Duration 1.
    • Encumber 2. Keep.
      When the weather is your friend, woe be to your enemy.
    Combustible - perfect except can shorten to "Attach to self."

Cone Of Cold
    • Cone. Attach to affected characters. Duration 2.
    • Encumber 2. Keep.
      "Nobody moves and nobody gets hurt!" -Carlan Wintersleep
    perfect:
    Cooling Laser
    Crafted Mail

Crude Plates - actually, this card has a lot of little issues, but the Keep part is fine - I'll address this card separately later

Crusher - I'm guessing the crushing attack doesn't matter for melee vs. projectile/magic - I'm guessing the attack must also be damaging in the first place
    • Trait. Attach to self. Duration 3.
    • Add 2 damage to any damaging Crushing Attack you play. Keep.
    Curse Of Fragility
    • Attach to target. Duration 1.
    • When target takes damage, add 2 to that damage. Keep.
      "Break a leg." - Feckle the Scabrous
    Cushioning Armor - perfect

...and wow, this took a LONG time... I'm gonna stop here and work on DEF next time I have an opportunity... However, I also have some five ABC cards I pushed to the side to address separately, thus I'll hit those before moving onto DEF...

17. ParodyKnaveBob

Brain Burn has been discussed before, but it still exists as-is. If the functionality is to remain the same, then here's how the text should read to match it. (I updated "Arcane Magic" -> "Magic Arcane" and "two" -> "2" as well.)
    • Trait. Reveal all Magic cards in your hand. Take 2 Magic Arcane damage for each revealed Magic card in your hand.
      The mind can only take so much. Know your limits, Apprentice.
    Corrosive Breath
    • Cone. All affected characters discard all Armor cards.
      The Yellow Dragon's breath attacks metal as voraciously as it eats through flesh.
    Weakened Armor

I played the first Smashing Spin from the front; the armor die rolled as expected. I played the second Smashing Spin from behind; the armor die did not roll, which although expected, does not match the text's specificity.

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Event=PlayAction,Action=Smashing Spin,Instigator=[SRC] Disseev'r,Targets=
    stopTimer 0 676
    startTimer 0 676
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Ruffklinka,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=Ruffklinka took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Number1,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=Lord Feleran drew a card for Number1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Group=Number1,Event=Discard,Card=Toughness
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=Number1 took 0 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Disseev'r,Event=Move,Origin=(8, 8),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(8, 8),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    stopTimer 0 666
    startTimer 1 992
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=The active player is now Lord Feleran
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Lord Feleran,Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Event=PlayAction,Action=Walk,Instigator=Ruffklinka,Targets=
    stopTimer 1 986
    startTimer 1 986
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Player=Lord Feleran,Participant=Lord Feleran,Actor=Ruffklinka,Event=Move,Origin=(9, 8),StartFacing=(-1, 0),Destination=(10, 8),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    stopTimer 1 980
    startTimer 0 666
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=The active player is now ParodyKnaveBob
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Event=PlayAction,Action=Smashing Spin,Instigator=[SRC] Beltoll'r,Targets=
    stopTimer 0 635
    startTimer 0 635
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Msg=Ruffklinka took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle,Room=Lord Feleran's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=475551,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Beltoll'r,Event=Move,Origin=(9, 7),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(9, 7),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    First, I Shoved from behind; although expecting it to skip Weakened Armor, the occurred skipping is inconsistent with the texts' specificity. Second, I Shoved from in front; the armor rolled its die as expected. Normal battle log:

[SRC] Will shoves [SRC] Victor
    Crusher added 2 damage.
    Blind Rage added 2 damage.
    [SRC] Victor took 4 Crushing damage.
    [SRC] Will shoves [SRC] Victor
    Crusher added 2 damage.
    Weakened Armor reduced damage to [SRC] Victor by 2.
    [SRC] Victor took 0 Crushing damage.

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=PlayAction,Action=Ooze Shove,Instigator=[SRC] Will,Targets=[SRC] Victor
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Crusher,TriggeringActor=[SRC] Will,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Blind Rage,TriggeringActor=[SRC] Will,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Msg=[SRC] Victor took 4 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Victor,Event=Move,Origin=(2, 7),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(2, 6),EndFacing=(0, -1)

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=PlayAction,Action=Ooze Shove,Instigator=[SRC] Will,Targets=[SRC] Victor
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Crusher,TriggeringActor=[SRC] Will,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Weakened Armor,TriggeringActor=[SRC] Victor,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Msg=[SRC] Victor took 0 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Weakened Armor text bug test #2,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=477601,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Victor,Event=Move,Origin=(2, 7),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(2, 6),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    • Armor 2. This Armor does not prevent damage from behind you. Keep.
      "Yes, there are better suits out there, but not at this price!" - Skonn Mosstoes
    (I also changed "doesn't" to "does not" since I've noticed cards avoiding contractions elsewhere.)

Furthermore, the Ooze Shove test demonstrated that the Melee Frenzy <x> keyword ought to say, "Add <x> damage to any Melee damage you play." and that Crusher should in fact read, "Add 2 damage to any Crushing damage you play." (...or, "Add 2 damage to any initial Crushing damage you play." or something if you're concerned about confusion over Pulverizing blocked damage.)

I suspect Crude Plates (the reason I noticed this in the first place) also needs to remove the word "Attack" from its text, but apparently the game has no enemies with Smashing Spin and no enemies with (Advanced) Battlefield Training to reliably test this. I suspect it'd take less time for you programmer(s) to look at Crude Plates' functionality than it would for me to chase down Gary's trogs (or find willing playtesters) with properly positioned Smashing Spins and buffed Ooze Shoves. lol $E^ }

Huh, now I want to try Smashing Spin and Crusher; I expect no interaction, but then I then suggest the new "Unbuffable" get added to Smashing Spin's text. (Which really is kind of funny since Unbuffable only really explicitly states what we can directly infer from the cards anyway due to no "standard damage X" symbol in the lower left corner. Still, clarity, yay! $:^ ] heheh) Yeah, Smashing Spin's doesn't receive buffs:
    [SRC] Inj'rie drew Frenzy Aura.
    [SRC] F'talitie drew Crusher.
    [SRC] F'talitie plays Crusher.
    [SRC] F'talitie drew Blind Rage.
    [SRC] F'talitie goes into a blind rage!
    [SRC] Inj'rie smashes and spins
    Solid Wood failed!
    Reinforced Door took 2 Crushing damage.
    [SRC] F'talitie smashes and spins
    Solid Wood reduced damage to Reinforced Door by 3.
    Reinforced Door took 0 Crushing damage.

BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=PlayAction,Action=Smashing Spin,Instigator=[SRC] Inj'rie,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Reinforced Door,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=Reinforced Door took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Inj'rie,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 2),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(5, 1),EndFacing=(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=The active player is now ParodyKnaveBob
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=PlayAction,Action=Barge,Instigator=[SRC] Ag'nie,Targets=[SRC] Inj'rie
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Frenzy Aura,TriggeringActor=[SRC] Ag'nie,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=[SRC] Inj'rie took 8 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] Inj'rie,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 1),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(7, 1),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=The active player is now ParodyKnaveBob
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=PlayAction,Action=Dash,Instigator=[SRC] F'talitie,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] F'talitie,Event=Move,Origin=(1, 0),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(5, 1),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=PlayAction,Action=Dash,Instigator=[SRC] F'talitie,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] F'talitie,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 1),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(5, 2),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=PlayAction,Action=Smashing Spin,Instigator=[SRC] F'talitie,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Solid Wood,TriggeringActor=Reinforced Door,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Msg=Reinforced Door took 0 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Smashing Spin buff test,Room=ParodyKnaveBob's battle (custom),RoomID=480174,Player=ParodyKnaveBob,Participant=ParodyKnaveBob,Actor=[SRC] F'talitie,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 2),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(5, 1),EndFacing=(0, -1)
    Smashing Spin - I gave the text a couple other little fixes, too
    • Do 2 Unbuffable Melee Crushing damage to every enemy adjacent to you at the start of this Move. Unblockable.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

Oh, almost forgot.

Crude Plates, Jump Back, and Uncanny Dodge mention the ability to "move back X" or "Move back X" without any keyword/tooltip (unlike every other special Move type where facing does not change and/or the end location is chosen automatically and not by your clicks). So, all that said, my final version of Crude Plates (assuming they work like Weak Armor) would be...
    • Armor 4. This Armor does not prevent damage from behind you. If this Armor prevents damage, Move Back 1. Keep.

19. ParodyKnaveBob

Ouch! - likewise
    • Trait. Reveal all Attack cards in your hand. Take 2 Melee Piercing damage for each revealed Attack card in your hand.

20. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

Extra Hack's battle log text says 'his' when being played by a female character.

Flaxative and ParodyKnaveBob like this.