Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Kinda like Purging Charm, tho this one is more single-target friendly.

But other than that, how to change it? Swap the Unlucky into Righteous Frenzy maybe?

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

It's likely I'd run the cycler that comes with its own turn-into-Boost cards instead of Purging Charm, at least in some situations. Yeah, despite having no AI cards (other than RF being in Omin's deck, right?), Righteous Frenzy loses the total OP-ness and remains thematic. $:^ }

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

My idea is a Human Trait called "Make Haste" from this comic: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/06/15

I'm thinking: Retreat, Delegate, Wild Run. Or maybe Retreat, Delegate, Unlucky -or- Retreat, Delegate, Friendly Fire.

Thoughts?

timeracers likes this.
  5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Two obvious cards for your concept (that can already be found in Human Skills) are Retreat and Escaping Run. I have no Idea what the third one should be. Unlucky seems thematically a good choice...

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Inkfingers Can you jelp us understand the connection between your suggestion and acquisitions inc?

Inkfingers likes this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

@tolkien: I learned from the TV Tropes page on AI that Ink's title refers to a character (played by a woman of very similar-but-non-fantasy-game-sounding name) who interned in the company for some time. An elf uh ranger or something like that.

Inkfingers likes this.
  8. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

@tolkien Môrgæn is, indeed, an elvish ranger known for scouting situations accurately, and preventing the party from charging wholesale into otherwise dangerous situations. One could say, almost, that her signature contribution to the party is her foresight. I've actually just realized I should have put Cautious Sneak as the move, rather than Dangerous Maneuver - let me go change that now :D

EDIT: I've just realized (today is full of revelation!) that Cautious Sneak is bronze while Dangerous Maneuver is paper, meaning I'd be upping the token cost to (minortoken). The prices I pay for flavor... If anyone can think of a 0 cost or lower move that's in-theme, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You mean Bronze-(C- or 2)
    -,C,D,C,C,,, from live card database

10. ParodyKnaveBob

I don't know. Dangerous Maneuver is arguably not as strong to the theme as Cautious Sneak, but DM still fits the theme imo. (After all, it's only harmful if you actually land next to an enemy. Isn't her goal to keep them away from the enemies? $:^ b heheh ... plus, with those bumbling idiots around, any of her moves are dangerous anyway, ha ha ha ha ha ha...)

Inkfingers likes this.
  11. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Fair. I liked that it was tokenless. Maybe I'll swap back after thinking about it for a day?

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I don't think we have a full day.

ParodyKnaveBob and Inkfingers like this.
  13. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Yet another realization. Better edit it now.

14. @tolkien

Well the concept of my item is than Jim pretend to be someone who isn't, that is why he use something to feign by a powerfull mage. Also the jinx joke.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Inkfingers, Potatus and Force.ofWill like this.
  16. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Seems overpowered? Schorching rays is very good.

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Because it is level 14 it is not very optimized making it pretty fair.

18. ParodyKnaveBob

The fact that you can combine Green Flame with Burning Boosts -- which also means combining Friendly Fire with Burning Boosts? $E^ D Awesome.

Edit: That said, BM probably put Scorching Rays on the terrible item they did because they felt it'd be OP otherwise.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am not so sure about that. Summon @Flaxative

20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

The summoning has begun. His name spoke once, he shall hear. His name spoke twice, he shall know. His name spoke thrice, he shall come. @timeracers invoked it, and I declared it. Will a third step forth to finish this calling?

@Flaxative

CT5 and LieutenantCommanderData like this.